Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel FP3 - 27th June, 2016 watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the Edexcel FP3 exam?
    Very hard
    8.40%
    Hard
    14.14%
    Normal
    31.97%
    Easy
    33.81%
    Very easy
    11.68%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    I did it a similar way but I did the LHS to RHS way like a show that. Surely they can't mark it as wrong even though it is definitely correct because it is not in the mark scheme. There are so many methods that could be used for other questions so the mark scheme can't possibly have them all. Are the papers marked by maths teachers or people with a good knowledge of maths? ie so they can see that the method is correct and then give marks for it.
    Have no idea?? Also do you have any idea about the 7 mark integration question I posted literally 3/4 replies above this one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olymedeus)
    Have no idea?? Also do you have any idea about the 7 mark integration question I posted literally 3/4 replies above this one?
    I don't know how papers are marked but I'm sure you'll get some method and accuracy marks. You'd lose accuracy marks for sure for the stuff in blue but if the method was correct you'll get marks for that. I'm not sure what you'll get out of 7 though sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys seriously saying the grade boundaries should be THAT high for an A* in M2, it was literally the worst paper i've ever done and just betrayed me after all those past papers and everyone in my year agreed... I was thinking more like 65 for an A* :3 I live in hope. Think I got 60/61 anyway, just dont want a C like I got last year >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swifty139)
    Are you guys seriously saying the grade boundaries should be THAT high for an A* in M2, it was literally the worst paper i've ever done and just betrayed me after all those past papers and everyone in my year agreed... I was thinking more like 65 for an A* :3 I live in hope. Think I got 60/61 anyway, just dont want a C like I got last year >.<
    I do agree that this year's M2 paper is harder than the average M2 paper especially with the unknowns P,Q,R, the centre of mass and the moments, (I've done every single paper since 2002 including IALs and Withdrawns and replacements), but with the recent years I've realised that though the difficulty is gradually increasing, the grade boundaries ain't dropping. (One reason is probably because people who do M3-M5 will find M2 naturally easier than the people who only do M2) hence I'll still think the grade boundaries will be high (Maybe 66-68)

Yeah, I felt like I underperformed in this year's M2 paper too...after checking the unofficial answers I realised I can only get ~66/75

ReputationRep:
    I did it a similar way but I did the LHS to RHS way like a show that. Surely they can't mark it as wrong even though it is definitely correct because it is not in the mark scheme. There are so many methods that could be used for other questions so the mark scheme can't possibly have them all. Are the papers marked by maths teachers or people with a good knowledge of maths? ie so they can see that the method is correct and then give marks for it.
    You don't know. It could be in the mark scheme. The mark scheme that we see in August(?) ,or whenever it comes out for edexcel I've never done an edexcel exam before, is but a few pages long but I've seen the ones the examiners get for modules like C4 and its much longer, containing just about any method you could think of for each question. You'll get the marks you deserve, don't worry about it! They are obviously marked by people who know the content like the back of their hand - they wouldn't be doing it if they couldn't award method marks!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the official mark schemes come out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarocMan)
    Does anyone know when the official mark schemes come out?
    Monday I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Monday I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This Monday? I thought they came out on results day.

ReputationRep:
    This Monday? I thought they came out on results day.
    nah way earlier.

ReputationRep:
    Monday I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If it comes out on Monday and you have access to it, please may you post a link to the FP2 and FP3 mark scheme here? My fate depends on them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelvin1338)
    If it comes out on Monday and you have access to it, please may you post a link to the FP2 and FP3 mark scheme here? My fate depends on them
    Your fate depends on the grade boundaries I'm afraid we can't predict them for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawlieto)
    Your fate depends on the grade boundaries I'm afraid we can't predict them for sure.
    I think I got 66-68 on FP2 and 71-72 on FP3 (Already achieved 90 UMS in D2 last year), it's like right on the damn boundary and if FP3 has another one of those 71/75 A* boundaries then I'm doomed

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 66-68 on FP2 and 71-72 on FP3 (Already achieved 90 UMS in D2 last year), it's like right on the damn boundary and if FP3 has another one of those 71/75 A* boundaries then I'm doomed
    WOW I'm afraid you literally are on the boundaries in every sense...
    FP2 will be slightly lower than usual I think and FP3 will be definitely higher than usual.
    I hope you succeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawlieto)
    WOW I'm afraid you literally are on the boundaries in every sense...
    FP2 will be slightly lower than usual I think and FP3 will be definitely higher than usual.
    I hope you succeed
    Thanks That's why the official mark scheme would be really useful for me haha since I'm in the situation where every mark matters

ReputationRep:
    Thanks That's why the official mark scheme would be really useful for me haha since I'm in the situation where every mark matters
    I'll post them as soon as they come out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    Thanks, so does it actually come out tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    Could you post FP2, M2 and s2 as well please?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, so does it actually come out tomorrow?
    I'm not sure when they come out, but I will check tomorrow. It just says 'in July'.

Could you post FP2, M2 and s2 as wel please?
    Of course

ReputationRep:
    Monday I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can't seem to find them, do u have any links to them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarocMan)
    I can't seem to find them, do u have any links to them?
    They haven't been released yet on the Edexcel database. Maybe later this week.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.