Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to finish some English annotations.

ReputationRep:
    Completed one chem booklet. - Still got one more to go so will do that now in the 6:30pm session.

ReputationRep:
    :work: 6:30pm. :work:
    ~Logging out time!~

Finish my Chemistry homework!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to write some RE notes then maybe begin Geog homework

ReputationRep:
    didn't had any break... continuing making flashcards

ReputationRep:
    omg why do my tests get cancelled.

so I want to max out my revision tonight and try to relax tomorrow (day off)

Tonight:
    1)core 4 - bionomial expansion
    2)genes and stuff bio (kinda lost)
    3)redox - chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ara8311a)
    Where's this from?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Thanks for the motivation boost!
    I can't remember. I think it was a youtube comment :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Great idea, just what I needed. Easily my favourite thread

ReputationRep:
    Going to complete a Question 3 for English which will take 45 minutes

ReputationRep:
    Joining a bit late but gonna make some revision cards for research studies in psychology AS - unit 1

ReputationRep:
    I will be making a mind map about energy from the nucleus (P2.7) and learn everything by heart in 1 hour LETS DO THIS !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    :work: 6:30pm. :work:
    ~Logging out time!~

Finish my Chemistry homework!
    Feeling very tired!!!! I'm falling asleep when I'm doing my work! What ways to stay awake !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goal101)
    Feeling very tired!!!! I'm falling asleep when I'm doing my work! What ways to stay awake !
    maybe just walk around or just wash your face (mean like put cold water on your face) or drink tea
    or if you really need to sleep then have an hour sleep rather than the a long sleep

ReputationRep:
    :ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao: :ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao:
    Does anyone has AS OCR ICT 2015 paper???
    :ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao: :ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goal101)
    Eek! :console: You should take a break! Do you have to get this work done tonight? If not then maybe you should call it a day? Otherwise, perhaps take a really short nap? Like, 10-15 minute one? It usually helps me to stay alert. Anddddd go and get yourself something to eat as well as a bottle of cold water. Listen to some music! Don't work for prolonged periods, make sure you're taking frequent breaks. ^-^

ReputationRep:
    So I failed my last task of doing 15 slides I get way too distracted and ended up doing online shopping :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    Does anyone has AS OCR ICT 2015 paper???
    No, sorry! I'm with AQA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    I can't remember. I think it was a youtube comment :lol:
    Ah YouTube, a very holy source of wisdom!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Heyllo TSR!

So, for most of us it's February half term and as much as we all realise we need to work hard to attain the A grades that we'd love to see on our results sheet in August... it's all too easy to try and do anything to get out of the seemingly dreadful studying routine. Therefore, I thought it might be good to set up a thread for those who may be spending too much time on TSR procrastinating or anyone who needs a little boost with motivation. I think it also helps having other people revising at the same time as some form of encouragement, even if they are only virtually by your side.

Before the hour begins, the idea is that everyone states what they will do for the following 60 mins, in as much detail or as vague as you'd like then log out of the forum. After the hour, you will return here and report back with how much you managed to achieve. Hopefully it'll make everyone feel that little bit more motivated + accomplished. ^-^

You can join in at any time but if all goes well then I'll be posting from 7am -1am with one hour intervals up until the holidays are over. Not sure if I'm being over ambitious..well, it can't hurt to try. :laugh: Hours will be adjusted afterwards to suit the school period.

So if this sounds like your thing, then get your stationery + revision guides ready bc the first session will begin at 8:30pm.

Tuesday 23rd February - Thursday 25th February After School Revision timetable

4:30pm - Block starts.
    6:00pm - Block ends.
    6:00-6:30pm. - Break period

6:30pm - Block starts.
    8:00pm - Block ends.
    8:00-8:30pm. - Break period

8:30pm - Block starts.
    10:00pm - Block ends.
    10:00-10:30pm. - Break period

10:30pm - Block starts.
    12:00am - Block ends.

BEDTIME! :yawn:
    Thanks for this!!!

Starting at 830pm

I will finish doing my history revision on the nazis and I will work on my uni course work till 10pm.

Thanks anon👍🏾🌈😬

ReputationRep:
    Missed out a whole section of bio AS. Just great. Got to make notes and flashcards of them..Errgh it's messed up my whole timetable.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.