Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    is this for ocr b?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambre)
    is this for ocr b?
    Nope that's F334 and F335

ReputationRep:
    Do examiners mark annotated spectra for carbon 13 and proton NMR?

(Original post by M.Branson98)
    Do examiners mark annotated spectra for carbon 13 and proton NMR?
    I think they do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcameron)
    Component is injected into the column and separated through the movement of the mobile phase (an inert gas such as helium)
    Inside the column the components seperate by relative solubility if it is a liquid stationary phase on a solid support or adsorption if the stationary phase is a solid.
    The components which are most soluble will leave the column last and so have the longest retention time which is the time from injection to detection

Not sure what else is needed?
    Well the spec says:
    ''Candidates may be expected to interpret provided gas chromatograms and mass spectra'' so I would know (roughly) the steps on page 80 to be safe:

1) Mixture injected into column and vaporised
    2) Mobile, inert carrier like n2 flushes mixture down column

And then what you said. But I would also know the diagram on page. 81. Just know that peaks occur on a graph of X axis = TIME and Y axis = Absorption. Also area under peak is equivalent to the amount of the substance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    AQA papers are so much harder. If you want to practise harder questions try them out.
    very true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranz)
    but how would u know its a cylic and not just 2 joined tigether in a striaght chain?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the question have said that you cannot draw polymers i think. m/z value of glumatic acid= 147, so you cannot do anything with a straight chain.

ReputationRep:
    any F324 predictions for tomorrow guys? teachers say anything?

ReputationRep:
    The exam is in the afternoon right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakedbeans247)
    any F324 predictions for tomorrow guys? teachers say anything?
    well pretty much everything comes up in one form or the other always

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justthatboy)
    The exam is in the afternoon right
    yhh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a link to the June 2015 paper and mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcameron)
    well pretty much everything comes up in one form or the other always
    Yeah but this is the last one, so anything that hasn't come up yet, that hasn't been asked about yet, will probs come up, though unlike biology ocr, i think everything has been asked!

Btw whats the hardest f324 paper in your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakedbeans247)
    Yeah but this is the last one, so anything that hasn't come up yet, that hasn't been asked about yet, will probs come up, though unlike biology ocr, i think everything has been asked!

Btw whats the hardest f324 paper in your opinion?
    Last year's paper was pretty tough imo

ReputationRep:
    I agree last years paper was ridiculously hard. Like I've done all of the past papers in around 50 minutes but this one took me the full time and i left a question out. Also think it's ridiculous how the grade boundaries are the same as for 2013/21014 when it as clearly harder.
    feel sorry for those who sat that paper.. hope ours is better...

If I revise anymore of F324 my brain will explode

Just gonna watch today's GoT and wander off to bio for an hour and a half

ReputationRep:
    Evidently it was super tough for me too! Back here again resitting...but i just went over it and it's seemed okay! And my favorite topics came up too. Not sure how i went wrong last yr...gl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalistaJupiter)
    I agree last years paper was ridiculously hard. Like I've done all of the past papers in around 50 minutes but this one took me the full time and i left a question out. Also think it's ridiculous how the grade boundaries are the same as for 2013/21014 when it as clearly harder.
    feel sorry for those who sat that paper.. hope ours is better...
    I completely agree, there were so many confusing and difficult questions and not to mention that NMR question at the end...
    Yeah, hopefully ours tomorrow won't be quite as bad.

ReputationRep:
    Can't take anymore of F324, need to rest my brain...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    AQA papers are so much harder. If you want to practise harder questions try them out.
    Actually, I think AQA chemistry questions are the same, some questions are actually easier

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.