Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the grade boundaries for each question ? For instance how many marks would be needed for an A*,A and B out of each question in terms of bands. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did the Crucible and OMAM.

It was pretty good - decent, I should say. I think Section A (Crucible) was easier than OMAM but I think I did well overall.

ReputationRep:
    I chose the question on conflict and I elaborated on the conflict within the characters, the impending warfare, the conflict between the classes and Eric's conflict between himself and his family. Is it bad that I said that Eric's drinking habits could illustrate his detachment from the capitalist doctrine as he is evidently uninhibited my the prospect of tainting his family's reputation and how as a result, he's more receptive to The inspectors overall message of societal unity? Feel like I've messed up. I also only had 20 minutes to write the Of Mice and Men section and I I started talking utter rubbish about how the patriarchy and economic instability of the 1930s makes it impossible for the American dream to be attained. So done w life lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jem +)
    I was going to do this! I was wondering if we could talk about the different types of conflict in the play - as you said, class and gender. Decided to play it safe as I spent too much time planning for the Sheila and Gerald question, only to do the conflict question in the end! :mad:
    bye bye A*
    Ah, well you never know, tbh I wish I had done a plan for mine, but I started writing about Gerald and Sheila as well, got a few lines into the first paragraph and was like, nah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollycatb)
    I chose the question on conflict and I elaborated on the conflict within the characters, the impending warfare, the conflict between the classes and Eric's conflict between himself and his family. Is it bad that I said that Eric's drinking habits could illustrate his detachment from the capitalist doctrine as he is evidently uninhibited my the prospect of tainting his family's reputation and how as a result, he's more receptive to The inspectors overall message of societal unity? Feel like I've messed up. I also only had 20 minutes to write the Of Mice and Men section and I I started talking utter rubbish about how the patriarchy and economic instability of the 1930s makes it impossible for the American dream to be attained. So done w life lol
    From that, it sounds like you did well. Stop stressing xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahrose123)
    Please tell me I wasn't the only one that wrote about eric and sheila's relationship instead of gerald and sheila's relationship by accident in an inspector calls....
    I was going do that question! It wasn't until I got out that I realised it was on Gerald n not Eric hahaha planned for the answer and everything, ended up doing conflict instead lol

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about how materialistic there relationship is aswell so thats okay, the other point is good too!

ReputationRep:
    For AIC I did the conflict question cause I started planning Gerald and Sheila but realised I had way more to write about doing conflict :L .... I started with the change in lighting and how that created tension for whats about to happen, then i wrote about the arguments that the family had and when sheila handed back the engagement ring and how the family is fake and Eric argues with his mother and how the inspector tells people to stop talking etc... kinda ranted about every tense moment in the play tbh. The i did OMAM which was ok, like picking out the features of Lennie and how George treats the situation. Then for part (b) I wrote about curley's wife, candy, crooks and george&Lennie only to realise it said to write about one or two characters so i wrote the examiner a note saying they all shared the same dream! :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahrose123)
    Please tell me I wasn't the only one that wrote about eric and sheila's relationship instead of gerald and sheila's relationship by accident in an inspector calls....
    don't worry they'll mark what you wrote. one girl in my year answered a section from an exam she hadn't studied and they gave her an A* as a predicted grade. they'll mark it as if the question was what you answered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    Does anyone know the grade boundaries for each question ? For instance how many marks would be needed for an A*,A and B out of each question in terms of bands. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Last year it was 24.5 per question + 4 SPaG for an A*, 20.5 per question + 4 SPaG for an A and 16.5 per question + 4 SPaG for a B.

(Band wise: high band 5 for an A*, high band 4 for an A, low band 4 for a B.)

The year before, it was even lower:

23.5/question + 4 SPaG for an A*, 19.5/question + 4 SPaG for an A, and 15.5/question + 4 SPaG for a B!

(Band wise: mid band 5 for an A*, mid band 4 for A, and high band 3 for a B!)

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do Sunlight on the grass ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    YES which question did you do??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11ahf)
    Last year it was 24.5 per question + 4 SPaG for an A*, 20.5 per question + 4 SPaG for an A and 16.5 per question + 4 SPaG for a B.

(Band wise: high band 5 for an A*, high band 4 for an A, low band 4 for a B.)

The year before, it was even lower:

23.5/question + 4 SPaG for an A*, 19.5/question + 4 SPaG for an A, and 15.5/question + 4 SPaG for a B!

(Band wise: mid band 5 for an A*, mid band 4 for A, and high band 3 for a B!)
    Thanks for that. Is the SPaG a part of the 23.5 or can you still get an A* without any SPaG marks ? Just curious lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzie_Ts)
    YES which question did you do??
    I did the question regarding 'The 100% perfect girl' and then for Part B talked about how Ms. Rutter is presented in 'The Darkness out there'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollycatb)
    What band would these ideas be in? I think they're a little far fetched to be anything above band 3/4

ReputationRep:
    Guys guys if you don't know how to revise like me and you need quote, simply just get a Text Guide by CGP, this is a page from An inspector calls and its so easy to revise from cause it's all there it's £6 but totally worth it! It helps a lot. Got one for Of mice and Men which I just had today and some of the quote I used came from the of mice and men book. They don't do Heroes book unforturely, AIC and Heroes is what I'm doing on Friday. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  547.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that. Is the SPaG a part of the 23.5 or can you still get an A* without any SPaG marks ? Just curious lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you have no SPaG marks, you'd need 25.5 in each part. But no SPaG marks is nigh on impossible, so... c;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11ahf)
    If you have no SPaG marks, you'd need 25.5 in each part. But no SPaG marks is nigh on impossible, so... c;
    Hahaha. Yeah. I know. I just wanted to know. I'm taking a revision break. Thanks anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What poems do you think will come up on friday for aqa unit 2 from the relationships cluster?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlotta1134)
    don't worry they'll mark what you wrote. one girl in my year answered a section from an exam she hadn't studied and they gave her an A* as a predicted grade. they'll mark it as if the question was what you answered
    Yes they will mark what you wrote but I am sorry to say, they will mark what you wrote based on the question you were meant to answer not a different question.

ReputationRep:
    did anybody do an inspector calls : gerald and Sheila question and to kill a mockingbird? what points did you make

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.