** Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2017 Thread **

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green-Shamrock)
    Citi (Spring Insight Program) actually opened three days ago and you can apply for it.
    Oh damn, haven't kept up since that post. Cheers for the insight Green!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know please the percentile required to pass the SJT for BAML and HSBC please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries! I haven't heard too many people talk about BNP Paribas on this thread, but their Global Markets Spring Insight Week is open too if anyone is looking to apply for it

ReputationRep:
    Within what time period do we usually have to complete the tests once we've submitted an application? Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to Barclays yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    still trying to figure this out too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Applications will open November. Get your cover letters ready guys!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything about Barclays yet?

DANK MEMES

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody. Are you guys able to find the link for Citi's spring insight programme? I am unable to find/get any information about it. Is it open ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saikrishna)
    Hi everybody. Are you guys able to find the link for Citi's spring insight programme? I am unable to find/get any information about it. Is it open ?
    Yes.

Main Careers page > University Programmes "learn more" > Programme Finder "learn more" > EMEA > London > Insight Programme

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This post may have come a little late but i need a bit of advice. So I want to apply for SWs but I feel i'm unprepared for the numerical tests and also interviews. I have tried a few numericals and THOUGHT about competency questions but i've found it difficult to actually sit down and commit 2 hrs of preparation. I study in Trinity College Dublin doing a 4 year degree in Nanoscience and i'm also a SEO candidate. Most banks say that if you're doing a 4 year degree apply in your second year. Should I follow? Also if I don't get accepted this year and apply next year will it be in their system that i have been declined last year?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know please whether we have to write our GCSE grades on the DB university entrance page? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gozzy98)
    This post may have come a little late but i need a bit of advice. So I want to apply for SWs but I feel i'm unprepared for the numerical tests and also interviews. I have tried a few numericals and THOUGHT about competency questions but i've found it difficult to actually sit down and commit 2 hrs of preparation. I study in Trinity College Dublin doing a 4 year degree in Nanoscience and i'm also a SEO candidate. Most banks say that if you're doing a 4 year degree apply in your second year. Should I follow? Also if I don't get accepted this year and apply next year will it be in their system that i have been declined last year?

Thanks!
    If you're really that concerned about how confident you are, then the extra year of prep definitely would be beneficial to you. So, chill for now. Get stuck in at TCD, brush up on your numerical/logical/verbal test skills, get some positions of responsibility down etc etc. Then stick in a stronger application this time next year.

All the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    Who has done Rothschild and what score do you think you will need /18?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobb99998)
    Who has done Rothschild and what score do you think you will need /18?
    I scored illuminarty/18

ReputationRep:
    for work experience would you guys count 'trading your own money', 'insight days' or 'selling things at school'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobb99998)
    for work experience would you guys count 'trading your own money', 'insight days' or 'selling things at school'?
    First one would be under activities, second one yeah, third no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilikecats12)
    Applications will open November. Get your cover letters ready guys!
    No CL needed for Barc.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know please whether the Nomura tests are a numerical and verbal or a numerical and logical test please? Thanks

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.