Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel S2 - 27th June 2016 AM Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the Edexcel S2 exam?
    Very hard
    14.71%
    Hard
    33.57%
    Normal
    29.72%
    Easy
    15.42%
    Very easy
    6.59%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ISAAQAHELP)
    oh well whatever 6 marks is almost the same as 8 the other to marks will probably for working out.
    Oh yeah for sure. Does make a difference though

ReputationRep:
    wow really only 48 people voted very easy
    there was a similar q in textbook for the area one e(R")
    there was a similar q for normal approx on one of ial papers.
    there were many papers with sample dist.
    pretty sure there was paper that had similar question to the 57 answer q asking for least value.
    the poisson was kind of easy
    the hyporthesis is always the same.
    i dont see where people messed up.
    there were many harder papers than this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths52)
    In this question, on the first line I put X~B(n, 0.5) instead of 0.2 and then my method for the rest of the question was entirely correct and my answers were correct for if 0.5 was correct. How many marks do I drop seeing as only error was copying down question wrong on first line?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you write Y~N(np, np(1-p)) ?

If yes, you will lose 3 marks. If not, then you will lose 4 marks. - That is my understanding anyway... As far as I understand it, you will gain all method (M/B) marks and lose all accuracy (A) marks

ReputationRep:
    who has D2 coming up?

ReputationRep:
    For q5 how many marks would I lose for using 55 and not 55.5, rest of working are correct but came out with 223 as didn't do continuity correction!?

ReputationRep:
    who has D2 coming up?
    I do.

ReputationRep:
    ready?
    i am gonna have to do every paper today and tomorrow and have to practise dynamic in table format if i get 90 ums or more i get A* AT FM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightinwind)
    For q5 how many marks would I lose for using 55 and not 55.5, rest of working are correct but came out with 223 as didn't do continuity correction!?
    2 or more marks one for continuity and one for final answer and maybe more for actual numbers in working out not completely sure.

ReputationRep:
    I did they hypothesis test question right but I said 0.2396>0.1 instead of 0.01 but I wrote the correct conclusion how many marks would i lose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igotohaggerston)
    I did they hypothesis test question right but I said 0.2396>0.1 how many marks would i lose
    none the accept both decimal and percentage

ReputationRep:
    none the accept both decimal and percentage
    But 0.1 isn't 1 percent is what he means

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igotohaggerston)
    I did they hypothesis test question right but I said 0.2396>0.1 instead of 0.01 but I wrote the correct conclusion how many marks would i lose
    One for accuracy maybe? But I wouldn't be surprised if they gave you th benefit of the doubt.

ReputationRep:
    For the normal approx question I did the method perfectly and I stupidly forgot to square the answer as I did the quadratic in terms of rootx and I put 15 as N and stated this was not correct as it's less than 55 it was a matter of forgetting to square to get 225, do you think id lose 1 mark or two?

ReputationRep:
    64/75 ums?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    64/75 ums?
    Roundabout 80 UMS would be my guess (although I didn't see the paper - solely judging from reactions).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    Roundabout 80 UMS would be my guess (although I didn't see the paper - solely judging from reactions).
    only 80?

ReputationRep:
    Normal Approx I did this can someone tell me what I'd lose

X-B(n,0.2)

Goes to

Y-N(0.2n,0.16n)

P(Y>55) = P(Y>55.5) = P(Z>(55.5-n)/0.4rootn)) = 0.0401 (whatever t was) Then I did p(z<=(55.5-n)/0.4rootn) = 0.9699

therefore (55.5-n)/0.4rootn = 1.75

I then solved a quadratic and got the value of N as 51. The slip I made was misreading my own writing and putting 55.5-n instead of 55.5-0.2n

How many dropped??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    only 80?
    64/75 would definitely guarentee you an A
    It was a fair paper with some unusal twists and traps like the uniform distribution and the normal aprox was unusual too. Id be guess 86-88UMS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    But 0.1 isn't 1 percent is what he means

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh didn't see that prob one accuracy mark. they might not notice like i did but i am doing 2 stuff at once so i wasn;'t paying attention

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by river222)
    64/75 would definitely guarentee you an A
    It was a fair paper with some unusal twists and traps like the uniform distribution and the normal aprox was unusual too. Id be guess 86-88UMS
    Worrying won't help but the wait to find out what I got is killing me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.