Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I would've just ****ing taken the nearest objects (hopefully knives) I could find and went Ramsey on them.

(Original post by Insight314)
    I would've just ****ing taken the nearest objects (hopefully knives) I could find and went Ramsey on them.
    Too much GoT...

(Original post by EricPiphany)
    Too much GoT...
    Man that **** is disgusting. absolutely repulsive. everytime i see or read anything from GoT I wish my bloody stars I hadn't. If I couldn't only unsee what I've seen of it so far

ReputationRep:
    Man that **** is disgusting. absolutely repulsive. everytime i see or read anything from GoT I wish my bloody stars I hadn't. If I couldn't only unsee what I've seen of it so far
    Lol, I find it cool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some deaths are gory but amazingly satisfying, especially when you've hated a character/love the character that's doing the killing

Spoiler:
    Show
    #Aryafromtheblockno1fanclub

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gregorius)
    So do I; and since I have published with him, my erdos number is 3.

There are quite a lot of us...
    Sorry, but what's an erdos number?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    Lol, I find it cool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Uggh, I really like the books, but I'm not fond of the TV show. But the silly old man just won't get on with writing it. It's so frustrating, i end up watching the tv show at times and then regret my decision shortly after

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishdesai7)
    Paul Erdos was a peripatetic mathematician who made numerous contributions in numerous areas of mathematics. He was also well known for travelling the world from collaborator to collaborator - and published jointly with many other mathematicians.

Hence the invention of the Erdos Number. If you had a joint publication with Erdos, your Erdos number is one. If you publish with a mathematician who has an Erdos number of n, your Erdos number is n+1. (You need a minimization step in the latter; your Erdos number is n+1 if the mathematician you publish with is n and is minimal amongst your joint authors.)

ReputationRep:
    Paul Erdos was a peripatetic mathematician who made numerous contributions in numerous areas of mathematics. He was also well known for travelling the world from collaborator to collaborator - and published jointly with many other mathematicians.

Hence the invention of the Erdos Number. If you had a joint publication with Erdos, your Erdos number is one. If you publish with a mathematician who has an Erdos number of n, your Erdos number is n+1. (You need a minimization step in the latter; your Erdos number is n+1 if the mathematician you publish with is n and is minimal amongst your joint authors.)
    My favourite thing is the friendship theorem in graph theory what Erdos proved. That was incredible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It is zackens birthday today.
    Wish him a happy birthday otherwise yur gna miss ur offerz

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishdesai7)

There's also a Bacon number.

Mine is 2.

Well not strictly but a former work colleague has worked professionally with him (not acting).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    There's also a Bacon number.

Mine is 2.

Well not strictly but a former work colleague has worked professionally with him (not acting).
    Neat! And for chess players we have the Morphy Number.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Neat! And for chess players we have the Morphy Number.
    Why did chess pick somone from the 1800's!? That's bizarre... - was he actually a well-known player back then.

I presume yours is 5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Why did chess pick somone from the 1800's!? That's bizarre... - was he actually a well-known player back then.
    I think that he's regarded as one of the first chess-super-geniuses.

I presume yours is 5?
    Nope, I'm lousy at chess!

(Original post by physicsmaths)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Zacken happy birthday!! :party:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Happy Birthday, Zacken!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Happy Birthday Zacken!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I can't take any risks with my offer. You twisted my arm physicsmaths

Happy birthday Zacken

(Original post by Serine Soul)
    Zacken happy birthday!! :party:
    You're the only non-mathmo I've seen post on here for a long time (except for Jneill) I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Happy birthday Zacken

You're the only non-mathmo I've seen post on here for a long time (except for Jneill) I think
    Oi.
    Jneill is a mathmo aswell. Racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oi.
    Jneill is a mathmo aswell. Racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I also thought he was a mathmo, but asked him once and he said that he ain't one lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.