Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    Anyone know how long MS take to send tests and is it the usual 48 hours deadline?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, 48 hour deadline and mine came within about ten minutes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    Anyone know how long MS take to send tests and is it the usual 48 hours deadline?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    straight after submission, and yeah 48 hours deadline as usual

ReputationRep:
    did you get logical assessment with UBS IBD this year? I am surprised to get only numerical so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    straight after submission, and yeah 48 hours deadline as usual
    Now the question is, do we get an automatic rejection if we dont meet the minimum pass mark or do they wait and assess as a whole?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AenigmaFx)
    Now the question is, do we get an automatic rejection if we dont meet the minimum pass mark or do they wait and assess as a whole?
    Pretty sure all banks give an automatic rejection within 48 hours if you fail the test.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    did you get logical assessment with UBS IBD this year? I am surprised to get only numerical so far
    I think UBS got rid of the logical test this year, probably because people kept failing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    it is strange, I have submitted CS application 2 days ago, but still didn't receive an invitation to the tests

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    I think UBS got rid of the logical test this year, probably because people kept failing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah seems so, I have only realized it after training for logical, ahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JogaBonito787)
    Anybody major opening today, since its the 1st of September ?
    RBC Capital Markets opened today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JogaBonito787)
    Anybody major opening today, since its the 1st of September ?
    And some HSBC ones, like Global Research which I'm applying for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_price)
    And some HSBC ones, like Global Research which I'm applying for.
    Markets as well brotha

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure all banks give an automatic rejection within 48 hours if you fail the test.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well thats a good sign then, hoping to get an interview invite for MS, though i get a feeling of doubt haha ):

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AenigmaFx)
    Well thats a good sign then, hoping to get an interview invite for MS, though i get a feeling of doubt haha ):
    How you find the test? I answered all the questions but guess on two :/. Hoping for 15/16.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what BlackRock's 'virtual cover letter invitation' is about? It doesn't seem to be a link to upload a cover letter because when I sign in, it has a button with 'Start Interview' on it? What is this? Is this a video interview? If so, why is even called a 'virtual cover letter'?

ReputationRep:
    on credit suisse careers website about section it says their core businesses are pwm and ibd and goes through all the support offices, but doesnt touch on markets - safe to assume they wont hire many s+t people???

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    MS has one for s+t *cries*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_price)
    RBC Capital Markets opened today.
    i'm honestly not sure whether to bother applying to rbc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    MS has one for s+t *cries*
    Are the S&T apps open for MS yet? Last I checked (today), they were still only available for HK/NYC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deltasierra27)
    Does anyone know what BlackRock's 'virtual cover letter invitation' is about? It doesn't seem to be a link to upload a cover letter because when I sign in, it has a button with 'Start Interview' on it? What is this? Is this a video interview? If so, why is even called a 'virtual cover letter'?
    I was highly confused as well.

I think its similar to a fit based interview via video.

Which divisions did you apply to ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juventus100)
    What do you guys think of the competitiveness for grad roles in risk or ops for BB/MM? Is it like for FO where its practically impossible to get a grad position as they've hired most people already from summers or do you have a chance if you have a decent uni and work experience?
    anyone got info on this?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.