The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Finished my summer internship last week, and I'm yet to hear back. However i cant stay still and need to get the ball rolling just in case I don't get onto the grad programme.

Will be applying for SA roles, i know this question has been asked 100 times but what banks are actually cool with 3rd year applicants, I'm not going to lie and say i want to do a masters..
Original post by MaGeehkaal
Finished my summer internship last week, and I'm yet to hear back. However i cant stay still and need to get the ball rolling just in case I don't get onto the grad programme.

Will be applying for SA roles, i know this question has been asked 100 times but what banks are actually cool with 3rd year applicants, I'm not going to lie and say i want to do a masters..

Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Barclays, Nomura, RBC Capital Markets, Société Générale and BNP Paribas for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Barclays, Nomura, RBC Capital Markets, Société Générale and BNP Paribas for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

UBS also
Is RBS not offering IBD internships this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by egdargi
Is RBS not offering IBD internships this year?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah neither are Lehmann Brothers. It's not 2012 bro, the RBS IBD is long closed. They focus on corporate banking now.
Original post by alexjones1994
Yeah neither are Lehmann Brothers. It's not 2012 bro, the RBS IBD is long closed. They focus on corporate banking now.

Lol

I'm pretty sure they were doing internships and grad schemes last year tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by egdargi
Lol

I'm pretty sure they were doing internships and grad schemes last year tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're right, they were. Looks like they've stopped hiring for Corporate & Institutional Banking this year... Uh oh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
You're right, they were. Looks like they've stopped hiring for Corporate & Institutional Banking this year... Uh oh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

fuark. im going with market risk then.

it was one of my top choices
Original post by alexjones1994

made my day hahaha, did you not see RBS Q2 results.. they are a joke of a bank
Original post by dasu95
hmm it's been about 18 hours since I submitted my MS app for S&T... Has anyone else applied for S&T and received test invitations?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you guys complete the app, because anytime I try to apply for one of the S&T positions, it's not available in London. I'm assuming you clicked on Fixed Income and Commodities in London??? It's weird because the IBD London option works fine
Original post by Hawaii50
How did you guys complete the app, because anytime I try to apply for one of the S&T positions, it's not available in London. I'm assuming you clicked on Fixed Income and Commodities in London??? It's weird because the IBD London option works fine

I just filtered internships in london and it came up, on my submitted application it just says emea - sure thats fine.

just double checked and it says london on application. try filtering by location rather than division maybe?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JogaBonito787
I was highly confused as well.

I think its similar to a fit based interview via video.

Which divisions did you apply to ?

Investments; Trading / Liquidity Startegies
Original post by jchap9776
Pretty sure I submitted a London one but maybe I ****ed up, better start learning Cantonese

Do you have a link? I can't find it... Emailed HR and they just said wait till September/October?
Original post by TheParham
made my day hahaha, did you not see RBS Q2 results.. they are a joke of a bank

Yeah. The last good deal they ever did was acquiring Natwest. Ever since then they tried to acquire everything and anything and being going down the pan. Being 73% owned by the government is the final nail in the coffin for them. They will never be what they once were.
Original post by dasu95
hmm it's been about 18 hours since I submitted my MS app for S&T... Has anyone else applied for S&T and received test invitations?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have a link to the S&T app? Everyone seems to be finding but I can only see Institutional Equity & Prime Brokerage (which are part of S&T) but the only locations available are NYC or HK?
Original post by Hawaii50

Ditto
Original post by Deltasierra27
Do you have a link to the S&T app? Everyone seems to be finding but I can only see Institutional Equity & Prime Brokerage (which are part of S&T) but the only locations available are NYC or HK?

Mate literally go on the list and filter it by 'EMEA' and 'Summer Analyst' and its there
Original post by Deltasierra27

https://morganstanley.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/brand-2/xf-3786f0ce9359/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/1/opp/2689-2017-Sales-Trading-Summer-Analyst-Programme/en-GB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheParham
Mate literally go on the list and filter it by 'EMEA' and 'Summer Analyst' and its there

Found it - had to go on 'advanced search' rather than the normal section.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending