Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.10%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.57%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiee224)
    Possibly, although I haven't heard of anyone getting banned thus far.
    They have other priorities, but given their last game was basically the same thing but not pokemon, and they banned people for doing it there, it's safe to say they will start dishing out bans and resets for such cheating.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    They have other priorities, but given their last game was basically the same thing but not pokemon, and they banned people for doing it there, it's safe to say they will start dishing out bans and resets for such cheating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They do ban people in Ingress but it takes them like a year to do so.🙄 *I wonder how many people will still be playing Pokemon Go then.

Wasted so many pokeballs today by throwing it right at the Pokemon, and it goes straight through. * Also not happy that the escape and flee rates have gone up 😠 .

ReputationRep:
    So is it worth using stardust and candies to level up pokemon strength?

I hatched a level 487 magmar (holding 31 candies) so I could probably level him up a fair bit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)

I hatched a level 487 magmar (holding 31 candies) so I could probably level him up a fair bit?
    Nope, save it all for the end game when level ups are slow so you won't be getting better CP catches a few days later

The only exception is candies for the basic pokemon you find everywhere, there you horde candies, and when you have a few hundred go on evolution sprees with a lucky egg for power leveling

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)

Wait until you get to level 23 or so until you start powering Pokemon up. By then you should have ~100k+ stardust so you can power up your Pokemon quite a bit. At lower levels you can catch higher Pokemon in a day or two just by levelling up so it's a bit of a waste.

Had an Arcanine on my nearby list today, ran outside to try and find it but it's impossible with all forms of tracking disabled. Didn't get anywhere near finding it. If they disable the tracking system in game, it's completely unfair of them to take down Pokevision and other such sites. Pain in the ass.

ReputationRep:
    Omw back home from yesterday had a 4.8/5km egg almost hatched left it until today. I went outside today
    only to realise the 4.8/5km egg isn't on my list & nothing hatched or came up when I scrolled through my pokemon
    list and the most recent pokemons. da-fek :rip: @5km walking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    It happens. Just make sure it didn't automatically log you into a different account first. Like of you have two Google accounts the game could use the wrong one making your account seem like it has reset
    Thanks for this. :ahee: I got it sorted. I got so pissed off yesterday lmao.

ReputationRep:
    Onix is so weak in this game. I'm Lvl20 and it's almost maxed out at 500CP. I hope that's because they plan to add gen 2, and Steelix.

But for now, it's pretty useless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    Onix is so weak in this game. I'm Lvl20 and it's almost maxed out at 500CP. I hope that's because they plan to add gen 2, and Steelix.

But for now, it's pretty useless.
    I think they said they plan on adding Gen 2 Pokemon around Christmas time and Gen 3 6 months after that.

ReputationRep:
    Am hoping they bring back the 3 step thing soon...
    Is basically random chance right now... I have seen so many squirtles on my map but never managed to find them because I don't know how far they are away from me...

Still, I am hopefully going to get my first 1000CP pokemon soon. Caught a 436CP drowzee today and it has the potential when it evolves to be 1000 but, according to Pokefind, the average level for that will be 911 with a max of 1129CP. =)

ReputationRep:
    Me and some mates saw a Victreebell on the tracker last night, wandered around a park in the dark looking for it, no luck

When Pikachu appears and you have no Poke balls...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    When Pikachu appears and you have no Poke balls...

To be fair, he's not that rare. You can get it out of a 2km egg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    To be fair, he's not that rare. You can get it out of a 2km egg.
    Don't know if I'm the only one but I seem to get a lot more 5km eggs than the other types. Although in the last couple of days, almost exclusively 2km eggs. Not complaining though because I want to get rid of all my old eggs which are all 5s.

Still, wouldn't mind a few starters or a high level pidgy to evolve.
    Or a jigglypuff or a clefairy. Find them kinda hard to find, or most certainly a decent level magicarp. Basically will be happy with anything which isn't a ratatta or a spearow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this has already been asked.
    But- when you catch a Pokemon with a pokeball, does pressing the pokeball make a difference in stopping Pokemon escaping?
    My brother says no but I feel like it does make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow Hunters)
    I don't know if this has already been asked.
    But- when you catch a Pokemon with a pokeball, does pressing the pokeball make a difference in stopping Pokemon escaping?
    My brother says no but I feel like it does make a difference.
    I find shouting "stay in there you little ****er" helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I find shouting "stay in there you little ****er" helps
    Oh definitely! I never knew I could be angry as I am when trying to recapture an escaped Ratata!

ReputationRep:
    Oh definitely! I never knew I could be angry as I am when trying to recapture an escaped Ratata!
    It's always the rattatas and the spearows! They're not even worth it

I'm sat near a gym the has changed colour about 3 times in the last 5 minutes :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    It's always the rattatas and the spearows! They're not even worth it

I'm sat near a gym the has changed colour about 3 times in the last 5 minutes :mmm:
    Omg and when I miss them with my shot because they suddenly jump for some reason, I'm like GRRR.

Yeah it's so annoying because it means I need to use another pokeball and it's like- "why am I doing this for a 40cp common Pokemon?"

And you're basically in a warzone tbh. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Omg and when I miss them with my shot because they suddenly jump for some reason, I'm like GRRR.

Yeah it's so annoying because it means I need to use another pokeball and it's like- "why am I doing this for a 40cp common Pokemon?"

And you're basically in a warzone tbh. :giggle:
    It was actually hilarious! But I got my Pokemon into the gym and collected my coins before it changed back, so all went well for me!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.