I am so smart; S-M-R-T

ReputationRep:
    Why can't I worship God in my own way
    By praying like hell on my deathbed

ReputationRep:
    Think unsexy thoughts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    The thing about high boundaries is there's no reason to panic unless you saw an unofficial mark scheme which you trusted, and you remembered everything perfectly, and you know how much certain methods are worth, and with all that you are below where you want to be. If the boundaries are high, it's because most people did well, and there's no reason to believe you didn't perform to the standard you would usually perform at on past papers
    Yeah - that's completely true and a logical way of thinking. Unfortunately my logic swan dives out of the window just before results.

A slight problem is that grade boundaries aren't quite as effective with languages, and French has climbed slightly higher this year. Due to the pressure of native speakers taking it, or the fact that language essay marking can be ridiculously subjective. Hence why my language teachers have warned my class of the incredibly slim likelihood of getting an A*; in this sense, languages could be considered the hardest subject to get top grades in.

All that said, if I flop it, I flop it, and it's my own fault when other people do fine. But come high or low, grade boundaries for languages are no consolation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elen90)
    Yeah - that's completely true and a logical way of thinking. Unfortunately my logic swan dives out of the window just before results.

A slight problem is that grade boundaries aren't quite as effective with languages, and French has climbed slightly higher this year. Due to the pressure of native speakers taking it, or the fact that language essay marking can be ridiculously subjective. Hence why my language teachers have warned my class of the incredibly slim likelihood of getting an A*; in this sense, languages could be considered the hardest subject to get top grades in.

All that said, if I flop it, I flop it, and it's my own fault when other people do fine. But come high or low, grade boundaries for languages are no consolation.
    Yeah I can see the problem there. The closest thing in my language devoid experience is Further Mathsers doing Maths lol, always getting 75/75
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Is anyone else listening to the music that helped them revise during the exam period? I find it so nostalgic and bittersweet. 😥

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Ellen Degeneres is a racist for this

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of which I need to see Finding Dory soon #somanly

ReputationRep:
    All about that bass

ReputationRep:
    Meow woof moo

ReputationRep:

yeah it's so ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    The Mariner's Revenge Song is gr8

ReputationRep:
    Pretty little liars

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    why aren't my posts working

ReputationRep:

yeah it's so ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    argggg

ReputationRep:
    okay wtf these database errors literally eating my posts as far as I can see

ReputationRep:
    sgjdrgh,trhkfjhsreghnmgsfea
    wtf why is nothing posting

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.