Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by upagumtree)
I havent posted on this thread before i dont think but i just have to express how glum I am just now because after 7 months of antidepressants i was beginning to feel like I was recovering once and for all.In fact I was having a think about all my funny little ways and it turns out I still havent recovered at all.I feel better but its probably going to end up coming back.I'm booking a doc appointment tomorrow to see about talking to someone coz i think i've still got a long way to recovery
:hugs: hi.

Have you tried other antidepressants because they all work differently for different people? Perhaps a different one will work for you.

Talking therapies are good too but hard to come by on the NHS (long waiting lists etc) but good luck at the doctor tomorrow.

Raspberrybubbles that's good news :five: I'm sure they should be able to rearrange it near the same time if you contact them.
raspberrybubbles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wooo, this is a good day The counselling people just rang and said I'm at the top of the list for counselling yayyyy! May get somewhere *does a crazy dance*

:five: saber!

How are you?
becki08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That's good news raspberry. I'm happy for you :hugs: x
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: Becki thanks! How are you?

wheeeeeeeeeee
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
Wooo, this is a good day The counselling people just rang and said I'm at the top of the list for counselling yayyyy! May get somewhere *does a crazy dance*

:five: saber!

How are you?
That's fantastic. Counselling can be really hard to get.

I'm not so good; trying to distract myself with loud music and tsr but not really working.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: *huggles saber* Keep strong sweetie x
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
That's fantastic. Counselling can be really hard to get.

I'm not so good; trying to distract myself with loud music and tsr but not really working.
I'm sorry saber :hugs:

Oh, and I've been on the waiting list since April. Will only get 4 sessions though
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks for the hugs guys :hugs:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my dad says i have to give my violin to some family relative of his because they want it. it's not fair. it's my violin. just because it was dad's auntie's for years, she gave it to me and dad and i paid about £1000 to get it all fixed and it had loads of work done on it and i played it in orchestras and quartets and local county orchestras and did my exams on it and all sorts. and now he says i have to give it to them because "it isn't yours and someone else wants it now." i know i've not played for 2 years but that's because I've been ill with joint problems. but i was going to play it this summer and get back into it at uni. it's so unfair. I'll never get a violin like it. It's a rare one and the back is in one piece and stuff. (i won't bore you all with the details). i'm in floods of tears. It's so silly but that violin means so much to me and now he wants to just give it to someone else. If i wasn't planning on using it, then it would be ok, but i was planning on using it. I'd rather have the violin than the car. I can get a new car. I can't get a new violin. Not one that's like this anyway.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: Can you explain all that to your dad Liz? I hope he agrees to let you keep it :hugs: x
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
my dad says i have to give my violin to some family relative of his because they want it. it's not fair. it's my violin. just because it was dad's auntie's for years, she gave it to me and dad and i paid about £1000 to get it all fixed and it had loads of work done on it and i played it in orchestras and quartets and local county orchestras and did my exams on it and all sorts. and now he says i have to give it to them because "it isn't yours and someone else wants it now." i know i've not played for 2 years but that's because I've been ill with joint problems. but i was going to play it this summer and get back into it at uni. it's so unfair. I'll never get a violin like it. It's a rare one and the back is in one piece and stuff. (i won't bore you all with the details). i'm in floods of tears. It's so silly but that violin means so much to me and now he wants to just give it to someone else. If i wasn't planning on using it, then it would be ok, but i was planning on using it. I'd rather have the violin than the car. I can get a new car. I can't get a new violin. Not one that's like this anyway.

Liz, if someone gave that violin to you, then it is yours. Your dad has absolutely no right, either morally or legally, to make you give it to someone else.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've spoken to him about it but he says I have to give it to them as it belongs to them and I was just borrowing it. This, however, is news to me. I've had it for about 8 years and I never ever knew that I had to give it back at some point. The girl learning to play will be too small for it anyway. And what if she gives up playing? Why did they assume they could have MY violin? I have letters from Auntie Joan (who's violin it was) asking me how I'm getting on with it and stuff and saying how glad she was that I was playing it. I'm so upset. It's just not fair
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
I've spoken to him about it but he says I have to give it to them as it belongs to them and I was just borrowing it. This, however, is news to me. I've had it for about 8 years and I never ever knew that I had to give it back at some point. The girl learning to play will be too small for it anyway. And what if she gives up playing? Why did they assume they could have MY violin? I have letters from Auntie Joan (who's violin it was) asking me how I'm getting on with it and stuff and saying how glad she was that I was playing it. I'm so upset. It's just not fair
It isn't fair, and I really don't think you should stand for it.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
But I'm getting the car. So I can't complain apparently. I'd rather have the violin than the car but I have insurance for it now and it's taxed and ready for me to drive so I have no choice
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Does your dad's aunt say that she only let you borrow it?
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no, she didn't
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think you need to let things calm down a bit for the moment, but you definitely shouldn't give up your violin :hugs:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm happy...ish. My college is no longer regarding me as a menace to the fabric of society, so hopefully I'll be allowed back in October.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
I think you need to let things calm down a bit for the moment, but you definitely shouldn't give up your violin :hugs:
it'll be gone in less than 12 hours :'(

feel so rubbish today. tired, ugly, unmotivated, bored, wasting my life away....the usual. normally people long for time on their own to do stuff. i get it and i waste it
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Seeing as Laus hasn't been around, I wonder if she's an Auntie yet? Anyone know?
I'm going to go to bed now. Chat tomorrow. Night all :hugs: x
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (145)
38.36%
No - but I will (21)
5.56%
No - I don't want to (28)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (184)
48.68%

Watched Threads