The Student Room Group

Why aren't males treating females like Ladies anymore?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
**** chivalry, what's expected from me as a male? Nothing. What's expected of her as a female? Nothing. I will make sexual remarks to my mates because I like talking about what ever comes onto my head and sometimes its "I would swim up the Amazon with 45 pound dumbbells tied to my scrotum and Ellen Degeneres’ queef as my air supply if it meant I could eat a sea food dinner with her over skype on a dial up internet connection". I don't like repressing my thoughts.

Why should we repress our desires? Rap is a reflection not a projection. Money and bitches are topics that appeal to males and females. We are a sex-positive society. Don't start with the whole "will somebody think of the children, please" bull****. There's nothing wrong with dressing sexually provocative. Humans like attention, we like to feel appreciated and such dresses can feel these desires. Then there's comfortability and fitting in within society.

This is you at the beginning, then that's going to be you at the end when you get some life experience.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 101
Original post by roodootoo
I very much doubt he is talking about guys saying, "Nice hair" or the like. I think he is referring to guys barely pissed going up to girls in a club and saying ,"I want to f**k you."

A compliment in the technical use of the word but offensive to 80% of the female population.

Do people do that? Some people consider that a swear word and offensive, so obviously some people are going to be offended. But then again some won't. As I've said before, it is not a compliment to say that you would have sex with a certain girl, because guys would have sex with anyone so it's not exactly unique or special.
It's less a compliment but a statement of intent.

As I've said before, the OP wasn't really explaining what exactly he was talking about so no one really has an idea what he means.

But males simply stating their interest has it's roots in the animal kingdom, where males will signal that they are interested in mating with that female using a mating call or whatever. There is the chance the female will be interested also depending on the suitability and attractiveness of the male. Therefore if 20% of the females he says it to answer favourably, then you can not blame him for using a tactic he only has to use 5 times in order to be successful.

Is it not better for people to state their true intentions rather than second-guessing each other into eternity? Ending up with both parties unsure if the other wants to have sex or not, and therefore nobody has sex and everyone loses. Some girls will take being acknowledged by an attractive male that they are a suitable sexual partner, a compliment.
I don't understand why me wanting to be treated as an equal means I should be treated like I'm scum. I don't want men to treat me like I'm a fragile flower and go out of their way to do things for me but at the same time I don't want to be treated like I'm ugly or hideous because I don't wear revealing or sexual clothing and I don't want to be treated like a sex object when I'm even a little bit dressed up. I just want to be treated with respect and like I'm a human being. I try to be polite and kind to everyone I meet regardless of gender and I value people on their personality and skills other than what sexual organs they have and how attractive they are, and I wish to be treated the same.
Reply 103
Original post by Nightstar-27
I don't understand why me wanting to be treated as an equal means I should be treated like I'm scum. I don't want men to treat me like I'm a fragile flower and go out of their way to do things for me but at the same time I don't want to be treated like I'm ugly or hideous because I don't wear revealing or sexual clothing and I don't want to be treated like a sex object when I'm even a little bit dressed up. I just want to be treated with respect and like I'm a human being. I try to be polite and kind to everyone I meet regardless of gender and I value people on their personality and skills other than what sexual organs they have and how attractive they are, and I wish to be treated the same.

What do you mean treated as a sex object? Do you mean looked at lustfully? If so, why do you think you have the right to dictate how other people view you? Isn't that like George Bush telling us not to find him funny at times because his "a serious politician and not a comedian"? Others perception of you shouldn't matter. If you mean gropped, I agree but very few men grope women, most a minority that are creeps.
Original post by Sisu
What do you mean treated as a sex object? Do you mean looked at lustfully? If so, why do you think you have the right to dictate how other people view you? Isn't that like George Bush telling us not to find him funny at times because his "a serious politician and not a comedian"? Others perception of you shouldn't matter. If you mean gropped, I agree but very few men grope women, most a minority that are creeps.

I don't mind looking so much, I don't even mind compliments or a guy trying to hit on me what I do mind is when they come up to me and make very vulgar comments about me and then expecting me to just stand there and take it or get mad if I reject them after they basically tell me they just want to sex with me and start acting threatening towards me. I don't like it when some guys tell me I should be having sex x number of times a day with my boyfriend or otherwise I'm a **** girlfriend. I don't like it when men try and touch me up and in some cases (though quite rare) try and grab me and force me to go with them. When men act like this towards me I do feel like I'm being treated as a sex object and that upsets me.
Sorry if this has been said before:

OP's point makes a lot of sense, objectifying people of any gender is shallow and perhaps immoral. However, it is not just men that are guilty of this activity; many women are equally as, if not more, superficial than men are. Quests for equality for women is justifiable and necessary and I'm 100% behind it. In any case, however, it would seem as if the general consensus would be that women should have the same rights as men AS WELL as being treated as if they were portrayed (wrongly) as the same emotionally delicate creatures from centuries past. In this society of having increasing numbers of inspiring female role models, for both genders, it is unfair then to say that men must treat women as they did before when they did not have equal rights. It's as if they are trying to uphold some asinine double standards of proving that they are strong and independent, whilst feeling anger when they aren't treated as not strong and not independent. Of course men should treat women with respect, kindness, integrity and importance, but this should be no more important as women treating men with the same regards. If women and men are truly equal in their mental states then each gender should treat each other with the same respects as the other.
Reply 106
Original post by Nightstar-27
I don't mind looking so much, I don't even mind compliments or a guy trying to hit on me what I do mind is when they come up to me and make very vulgar comments about me and then expecting me to just stand there and take it or get mad if I reject them after they basically tell me they just want to sex with me and start acting threatening towards me. I don't like it when some guys tell me I should be having sex x number of times a day with my boyfriend or otherwise I'm a **** girlfriend. I don't like it when men try and touch me up and in some cases (though quite rare) try and grab me and force me to go with them. When men act like this towards me I do feel like I'm being treated as a sex object and that upsets me.

Fair enough although I don't think there's anything wrong with making sexual advances at someone. They shouldn't expect you to agree with them though and should leave you alone once you reject them. I like to see asking a girl for sex akin to an employer asking for someone with strength whether they'd like a job. The employer wants something, he sees someone that fits the criteria, then asks them about it. That person wanted sex, he saw you fit his criteria, then asked you about it. And him following up after rejection is like an employer following up after you rejected him. He shouldn't do that and should get the point but it's understandable why he did.
i dont think we can just blame men on how us women get treated.

When a lot of women act like skanks how can we expect men to act like gentlemen?

Some women give us a bad name, just like some men give men a bad name :/
Reply 108
I guess you don't want to view my spoiler then..
Why all the long stories?

Theres a simple answer which most have said.

Women want equality which means they want to be treated on the same level as men.
Now you're being treated as men you complain you want to be treated like a woman.

Like the saying goes " you dont know what you have till you've lost it"
because society is fractured its all this me, me, me culture no care for civil decency or polite etiquette like there used to be... plus this feminist rights culture hasnt helped it, their quest for unilateral equal rights destroyed the premise of being a gentleman and theyre, in their view, one and the same.
Original post by roodootoo
I very much doubt he is talking about guys saying, "Nice hair" or the like. I think he is referring to guys barely pissed going up to girls in a club and saying ,"I want to f**k you."

A compliment in the technical use of the word but offensive to 80% of the female population.

Basically that's my point about that
Original post by ELs123
lol.

"I want some equality"
10 minutes later
"why does nobody hold the door for me?
Why does nobody drop their coat in this puddle so I can cross the road?
I hate men they don't treat us like women"

:rolleyes:
women logic

Well that's clearly not true. The first and second statements would probably not be said by the same woman. Unless you think that all women think exactly the same thing?
Original post by cl_steele
because society is fractured its all this me, me, me culture no care for civil decency or polite etiquette like there used to be... plus this feminist rights culture hasnt helped it, their quest for unilateral equal rights destroyed the premise of being a gentleman and theyre, in their view, one and the same.

Yeah, good point, damn those feminists and their equal rights bullsht! And while we're at it, what was that civil rights movement about anyway?
To be honest, OP, I would settle with being treated like a PERSON. I don't need dudes to hold the door open for me, I am capable of it myself, though if they choose to I'll thank them because it's polite of them. I don't need a guy to give me his coat if I'm cold, but if he chooses to I will be grateful because it's kind.

What I'm NOT so hot on is men treating me like I'm an object, and I think that's the real problem. This is the 21st century, people, chivalry (if it ever existed) doesn't really need a resurrection. But common decency and respect probably does. So don't wolf whistle at me like I'm a walking piece of flesh. If I smile at you in a pub or club, that isn't an invitation to put your hands all over my body. And I'm not 'gash', I'm a person, like you, or your mum, or your sister.

I'm okay with not being a lady. But I'm not okay with not being a person.
In the words of the great Dave Chappelle,

"Chivalry is dead... and women killed it."

Pretty much it really. You act like a slag, you'll get treated like one.
Reply 116

So what do the females here think of this video? I think it has a lot of truth in it and is also how the LAD etc culture has arrived.
Because many women/girls nowadays don't act like ladies. Simple.
Original post by pellejema
Yeah, good point, damn those feminists and their equal rights bullsht! And while we're at it, what was that civil rights movement about anyway?

couldnt agree more, damn civil rights..
but sarcasm aside, dont comlain about not being treated like a lady if you all wish to be treated like men.. the two are mutually exclusive.
Reply 119
Because many women don't want to be treated as ladies now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending