Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I returned to the waiting room and my coat had been taken and I then took another one, got home and actually discovered it was mine had I commited a crime?

No you havent commited a crime, because you accidently took the coat and robbery is only when you intentionally steal something off someone else.

If the interview erpulled out a gun and aimed it at me, thinking it was loaded but, in fact, was full of blanks and fired it at me with the intention to kill had he commited a crime?[/QUOTE]

Well in a way yes. He had the intention to kill you and would have done if the gun had live ammo in it, but then again you could say no cos it didnt have live ammo in it and he didnt kill you, but personally i would say yes cos he had the intention

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHAD)
    If I returned to the waiting room and my coat had been taken and I then took another one, got home and actually discovered it was mine had I commited a crime?

No you havent commited a crime, because you accidently took the coat and robbery is only when you intentionally steal something off someone else.

If the interview erpulled out a gun and aimed it at me, thinking it was loaded but, in fact, was full of blanks and fired it at me with the intention to kill had he commited a crime?
    Well in a way yes. He had the intention to kill you and would have done if the gun had live ammo in it, but then again you could say no cos it didnt have live ammo in it and he didnt kill you, but personally i would say yes cos he had the intention[/QUOTE]

Thus you contradict yourself on two counts. I can't remember what page my answer was on, but thats the right answer. I got that right in one of those special exams they do with schools every so often.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm that one stuffed up a bit. I hope you can all discern where the quote ends and my words begin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Lol. Thanks for your support.. I'll guess I'll find out in 3 weeks :eek:
    What were the other people there like? Were they all really 'private school' ? Did they talk to you and stuff or were they stuck up?

Logical questions? :s Wot kind were they? Were any of them to do with law or were they general?

ReputationRep:
    I'm beginning to love this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    What were the other people there like? Were they all really 'private school' ? Did they talk to you and stuff or were they stuck up?

Logical questions? :s Wot kind were they? Were any of them to do with law or were they general?
    Er.. I guess they were general Law ones about whether someone was criminally liable or not.
    You don't need any previous knowledge of the Law to answer them. Later on I got told that there was no right or wrong answer, they just want to see that your logic is well thought out and consistent..

The people there were SO NICE! seriously (not how I'd expected). All the other candidates gave each other moral support and the students there (even the ones who weren't meant to be helping out) were really friendly and tried to ease our nerves.

Are you applying for Law too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Er.. I guess they were general Law ones about whether someone was criminally liable or not.
    You don't need any previous knowledge of the Law to answer them. Later on I got told that there was no right or wrong answer, they just want to see that your logic is well thought out and consistent..

The people there were SO NICE! seriously (not how I'd expected). All the other candidates gave each other moral support and the students there (even the ones who weren't meant to be helping out) were really friendly and tried to ease our nerves.

Thats good. How was the grub? Did u chat to the other candidates or was there rivalry? what were ur interviewers like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)

awww can ya feel the love

ReputationRep:
    Thats good. How was the grub? Did u chat to the other candidates or was there rivalry? what were ur interviewers like?
    The grub was good.. especially since it was free
    I couldn't make out any real rivarly.. it seemed to be more like us 10 against the rest of the candidates! They were really down to earth and easy to chat to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    awww can ya feel the love
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    The grub was good.. especially since it was free
    I couldn't make out any real rivarly.. it seemed to be more like us 10 against the rest of the candidates! They were really down to earth and easy to chat to.
    do you know how many candidates there were compared to the number of places? how long was it inbetween interviews? wot did u do inbetween interviews?

ReputationRep:
    do you know how many candidates there were compared to the number of places? how long was it inbetween interviews? wot did u do inbetween interviews?
    Where are you applying?

I had a two hour wait between interviews. And apparently there are 90 candidates for 10-15 places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Where are you applying?

I had a two hour wait between interviews. And apparently there are 90 candidates for 10-15 places.
    Hopefully Ill get into Nottingham! (fingers crossed)

Really? 90 applicants? omg thats rough ... how do you rate your chances? did they really tell you that? that must have shattered your confidence b4 the interview lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I'm beginning to love this thread
    hehe

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Ill get into Nottingham! (fingers crossed)

Really? 90 applicants? omg thats rough ... how do you rate your chances? did they really tell you that? that must have shattered your confidence b4 the interview lol

Yeah- my jaw dropped when they told me!! But I knew it was going to be competitive.. especially with the amount of Law applicants applying this year. I don't really rate my chances but I'm glad I applied anyway

Good Luck for Nottingham!.. lol, might see you there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Yeah- my jaw dropped when they told me!! But I knew it was going to be competitive.. especially with the amount of Law applicants applying this year. I don't really rate my chances but I'm glad I applied anyway

Good Luck for Nottingham!.. lol, might see you there!

God thats really bad! Did the interviewers actualy say it or was it just gossip? is that the same with all cambridge colleges, that they have all had higher law applications?

ReputationRep:

God thats really bad! Did the interviewers actualy say it or was it just gossip? is that the same with all cambridge colleges, that they have all had higher law applications?
    One of the students told me.. he was a JCR so I guess he wasn't lying. I think it's higher applications for all subjects at Cambridge this year.. top-up fees have probably got something to do with it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    One of the students told me.. he was a JCR so I guess he wasn't lying. I think it's higher applications for all subjects at Cambridge this year.. top-up fees have probably got something to do with it..
    Damn top-up fees! :eek:

i spose it was an experience, and you can always say 'i had a cambridge interview' ... was everyone there really posh or were they from 'normal' schools?

ReputationRep:
    Damn top-up fees! :eek:

i spose it was an experience, and you can always say 'i had a cambridge interview' ... was everyone there really posh or were they from 'normal' schools?
    Lol.. a lot of them were from grammar schools so they knew the whole Cambridge procedure.. but I don't think that gave them an advantage. They weren't posh though- well one guy was.. but he was posh in the hilarous fake bbc accent way.. that was quite funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Lol.. a lot of them were from grammar schools so they knew the whole Cambridge procedure.. but I don't think that gave them an advantage. They weren't posh though- well one guy was.. but he was posh in the hilarous fake bbc accent way.. that was quite funny
    lol - was it really obv. he was putting it on? lol wot were they all wearing? was it the stereotypical 'cambridge' posh suit or were sum people wearing jeans?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.