Saying i live with my nana to get EMA Watch

rogan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
living with your grandparents doesnt automatically qualify you for EMA anyway. i live with my nana (she doesnt even have legal responsibility of me) and i dont automatically qualify for it and i actually could do with the money unlike people who just want it
hypocriticaljap
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by PinkFlamingo19)
I do think that the EMA thing is completely unfair and doesnt work - a rich friend of mine whose parents inherited so much they didnt have to work got EMA because then technically they were unemployed. Its very frustrating because of other people getting it and then getting money from parents as well, the systems *****.
But I don't think the way to do it is then lie, because ideally everyone would like to do this, but morally they dont.
Do what alot of sixth form students do - get a job. A hard life I know, but many manage it.
That is balls. Their inheritance will have been earning interest which is income!
mipegg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
I wouldn't do it. If you're at a disadvantage; in that your parents aren't able to facilitate the purchases of resources for school - then I could perhaps, maybe understand. :o:

However, if your motives for falsely claiming for EMA are solely that you feel 'left out' then you should be ashamed. :mad:

If I'm *totally* honest, and that you only wanted/needed it, so you could spend money on books etc, then I wouldn't have a problem with you falsely claiming it. I mean, I know several people that are entitled to it, and end up spending it on booze etc. Therefore, it'll be a pleasant surprise having someone spending it on what it was created for. :yep:
Err, right. Because books cost 30 quid a week.

Basically EMA is a bit of a joke, council pays 90% of travel costs of everyone whos on it etc etc means it goes on nights out/clothes/fun rather than school.

Nothing you can do about it, you just had the bad grace to be born to a middle income family
WhereIsMyMind
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mipegg)
Err, right. Because books cost 30 quid a week.

Basically EMA is a bit of a joke, council pays 90% of travel costs of everyone whos on it etc etc means it goes on nights out/clothes/fun rather than school.

Nothing you can do about it, you just had the bad grace to be born to a middle income family
I said books et cetera. Books may not cost £30 a week, however, I'm sure combined it does add up.

However, I agree, EMA is a bit of a joke.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (432)
37.5%
No - but I will (87)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (79)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (554)
48.09%

Watched Threads