PwC summer internship 2010 Watch

smh27_2008
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Good luck guys!! Hope to see some of u (if anyone is Birmingham office) next summer!
Forbidden1022
Report 9 years ago
eerrh i am now worried by time when they put me to the next stage, places are all filled up
wilma flintstone
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by smh27_2008)
Good luck guys!! Hope to see some of u (if anyone is Birmingham office) next summer!
did you apply for the summer internship?
tbtommyb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thanks for the good luck, guys.

So here's what I remember. It was about 40 minutes long, mostly competency and then a bit about PwC, PIC etc. No commercial awareness. I haven't been asked about commercial awareness in any interview yet, how odd. So: tell me about a time when you had to change your way of working, when your targets were changed in the middle of a project, a time when you took on board feedback, a time you set yourself a goal, a time you had to work to a deadline, a time you developed yourself and maybe a couple of others I can't remember. Then why PwC, what do you hope to gain from the internship, what challenges do you expect, how does PIC work and maybe something else.

The lady who interviewed me was really nice but I said some truly moronic things so I'm not that confident about this interview. Stupidly, I'd thought of some questions to ask last night but forgot them today so I asked silly questions.
Forbidden1022
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tbtommyb)
Thanks for the good luck, guys.
The lady who interviewed me was really nice but I said some truly moronic things so I'm not that confident about this interview. Stupidly, I'd thought of some questions to ask last night but forgot them today so I asked silly questions.

i had exactly the same problem as you did , though mine was with KPMG.

the lady was ever sooooo nice. I could see interaction ,conversation flow were good .But I was saying stupid things, especially towards the end when its comes to biz focus and career motivation .... eerrhh not sure how they will judge that :confused: :confused: :confused: at least one less in the way
Forbidden1022
Report 9 years ago
anyone who submitted their PWC applis in last couple of weeks and got any feedback or reply from them ?
dy*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Forbidden1022)
anyone who submitted their PWC applis in last couple of weeks and got any feedback or reply from them ?
I applied probably about week and a half/two weeks ago, took them a few days to get back with tests, then heard back to arrange interview, after tests, about a day later.

you not heard for a while? Like me with Deloitte - I applied in August, heard nothing!
dy*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I applied probably about week and a half/two weeks ago, took them a few days to get back with tests, then heard back to arrange interview, after tests, about a day later.

you not heard for a while? Like me with Deloitte - I applied in August, heard nothing!
Forbidden1022
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dy*)

really?

I applied for Deloitte early Sep I think. They replied the next day.
and almost every stage they responded the next day

But PWC never gave me a word. I think I applied about a week ago. All for London audit. I am thinking to maybe give PWC a call next week.

you ever got in touch with Deloitte?
teriaki
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I applied for Deloitte and PWC London audit at the beginning of September and they got back to me rather quickly. I am currently waiting for my PWC telephone interview which is in 1.5 weeks and for a call from Deloitte next week to arrange the time for my final interview.
Forbidden1022
Report 9 years ago
Does it mak a difference whether people are applying for graduate or intern position ?
teriaki
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Does it mak a difference whether people are applying for graduate or intern position ?
Difference in what sense? Of course there are differences, just what exactly are you referring to?
Forbidden1022
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by teriaki)
Difference in what sense? Of course there are differences, just what exactly are you referring to?

oh sorry

should have been more precise. i meant if they may deal with internship application or graduate application first. just making a guess
uthinkilltellu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
oh sorry

should have been more precise. i meant if they may deal with internship application or graduate application first. just making a guess
Unless they have different HR teams for grad and intern applicants, the grad applications will be dealt with first.

Although, they still my fast track intern applications of strong candidates to an early interview/AC so as to bag them in early.
Forbidden1022
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by uthinkilltellu)
Unless they have different HR teams for grad and intern applicants, the grad applications will be dealt with first.

Although, they still my fast track intern applications of strong candidates to an early interview/AC so as to bag them in early.

I see. I emailed them straight after attending an insight day end Aug. But no one ever gets back to me. submitted my applis a week before last. But have not heard anything yet.

I am thinking of to give a call next week. hope it doesnt make me sound too eager :o: :o: :rolleyes: What would you suggest ? :yep:
uthinkilltellu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I see. I emailed them straight after attending an insight day end Aug. But no one ever gets back to me. submitted my applis a week before last. But have not heard anything yet.

I am thinking of to give a call next week. hope it doesnt make me sound too eager :o: :o: :rolleyes: What would you suggest ? :yep:
I think it's still a bit early, although it depends which division you've applied to.

AFAIK, the intern application deadlines are in January, so there is still plenty of time.

The best case scenario would be them telling when they are most likely to start looking at intern applicants, the worst case scenario would them getting pissed off and rejecting you the same day.
smh27_2008
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Yep, I sure did

(Original post by wilma flintstone)
did you apply for the summer internship?
Forbidden1022
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by uthinkilltellu)
I think it's still a bit early, although it depends which division you've applied to.

AFAIK, the intern application deadlines are in January, so there is still plenty of time.

The best case scenario would be them telling when they are most likely to start looking at intern applicants, the worst case scenario would them getting pissed off and rejecting you the same day.

My bad. I should have said that I applied for graduate scheme. Audit London 2010 intake.

hmm I may still just give it a couple more weeks before getting on their nerves lol certainly don't fancy another swift rejection like EY one
Forbidden1022
Report 9 years ago
Anyone who has had a first round interview with PWC? for audit grad role 2010 intake?

or anyone who has one coming up with a confirmed date? I am waiting for them to set a date. some idea will be of great help!

cheers
teriaki
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have a telephone interview coming up for the assurance summer internship program and I was wondering if anybody knows what kind of questions they ask or if you have any other tips to give for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.83%
No - but I will (64)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.47%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
46.99%

Watched Threads