Turn on thread page Beta

175,000 students still with no finance watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2Av)
    To be honest, i feel sorry for those who havent even got there student loan yet but look on the bright side of things, you don't have an accumulated interest building up and plus you don't get too spend much on it.

Happy Thanksgiving guys
    There is no inerest at all until next year, it is 0%.

ReputationRep:
    I've been waiting until June for my finance and still none. I ring up, and they just seem to fob me off, by saying 'oh yeah, you'll have it in two weeks', yet I'm still here at the end of November, two weeks away from the end of semester with no money. I was meant to pay my rent today, my final final deadline. I could get kicked out of my halls because of this. I really can't afford to live at the moment. I'm scared that I'll have to drop out of uni.

ReputationRep:
    I almost cried in happiness when i saw today that my loan is eventually approved! No payment schedule though,but i think once its approved its all fine.:woo:

ReputationRep:
    My payments now showing as submitted but they may still block it I think since when I went to uni finance office today and rang student finance they say they are still waiting for confirmation of attendance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EarlHickey)
    My payments now showing as submitted but they may still block it I think since when I went to uni finance office today and rang student finance they say they are still waiting for confirmation of attendance.
    If it's showing as submitted it is going to be paid.

No idea why SFE are saying they are waiting for confirmation of attendance. Perhaps the member of staff at the call centre you spoke to hasn't been trained properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASCIIcipher)
    If it's showing as submitted it is going to be paid.

No idea why SFE are saying they are waiting for confirmation of attendance. Perhaps the member of staff at the call centre you spoke to hasn't been trained properly.
    I dont know to be honest since if I log into my account it shows as still waiting for a signature for my maintenance loan form(but not the maintenance grant) and proof to why I left my last course on medical grounds but the call centre agent said theres nothing on their system showing that!

Uni said they were notified yesterday of my loan and sent confirmation of attendance yesterday and would email me tommorow morning to confirm student finance had recieved it.

I am hoping it arrives Monday since my next rent installment is due then and on Tuesday I have classes all day with 2 presentations and 1 assignment due so would be a load off my mind.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know to be honest since if I log into my account it shows as still waiting for a signature for my maintenance loan form(but not the maintenance grant) and proof to why I left my last course on medical grounds but the call centre agent said theres nothing on their system showing that!

Uni said they were notified yesterday of my loan and sent confirmation of attendance yesterday and would email me tommorow morning to confirm student finance had recieved it.

I am hoping it arrives Monday since my next rent installment is due then and on Tuesday I have classes all day with 2 presentations and 1 assignment due so would be a load off my mind.
    It's difficult for me to explain without showing you the system we work on but everything sounds OK to me

Is there a date next to 'submitted'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASCIIcipher)
    It's difficult for me to explain without showing you the system we work on but everything sounds OK to me

Is there a date next to 'submitted'?
    Yeah says the 30th as in Monday which might mean they did recieve confirmation yesterday as Monday would be 3 working days from then.

Just worried as last year I was supposed to be paid but when I went to cash machine on the day it was supposed to be in it wasnt, and it was blocked online(all due to an admin error of theirs) and since my summary shows evidence still needed if I click fast track I am worried it may happen again.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah says the 30th as in Monday which might mean they did recieve confirmation yesterday as Monday would be 3 working days from then.

Just worried as last year I was supposed to be paid but when I went to cash machine on the day it was supposed to be in it wasnt, and it was blocked online(all due to an admin error of theirs) and since my summary shows evidence still needed if I click fast track I am worried it may happen again.
    If I had access to your student finance records I could confirm 100% for you but I am 99% sure the money will be there on Monday

Scheduled is like the last stage before a payment is made

It is difficult to block a payment once it has been scheduled so unless something major happens I cannot see you not getting paid on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    Glad to hear your student finance application is sorted

mine was passed onto an assessor last friday so hoping the person who has my info sitting on their desktop, looks at my application and moves it onto the next stage pretty soonish

2 weeks left of semester 1

anyone still waiting for their loans to come through have done well to continue studying this far. especially those with additional responsibilities

ReputationRep:
    What is the hold up at the moment? There's been no update on their site for 17 days. I sent a change of circumstance form in at the end of October to change my tuition fee and I was told it would only take a few weeks to get sorted but they are STILL dealing with mid october applications

Plus I'm still waiting for my maintenance grant, god only knows when that will get sorted

ReputationRep:
    Abolish tuition fees?

ReputationRep:
    will anyone's loans be delayed in january or should everything be sorted out by then?

I had no problems with my loans in september, they actually went in early!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudentPimp)
    What is the hold up at the moment? There's been no update on their site for 17 days. I sent a change of circumstance form in at the end of October to change my tuition fee and I was told it would only take a few weeks to get sorted but they are STILL dealing with mid october applications

Plus I'm still waiting for my maintenance grant, god only knows when that will get sorted
    Well I rang about a fortnight ago and they said they were on mid september. So I'd say they were only on october 1st at the minute. Still only had the £911 loan, no grant or means tested loan, if it wasnt for the £90 bursary i get next week I'd be finished

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan12891)
    Well I rang about a fortnight ago and they said they were on mid september. So I'd say they were only on october 1st at the minute. Still only had the £911 loan, no grant or means tested loan, if it wasnt for the £90 bursary i get next week I'd be finished
    They are telling porkies since I had to reapply end of October and they recieved my paper form application 29th October and I have just got payment today(though Monday officially)

When I rang last Thursday(as in 9 days ago) they told me they were up till the middle of October, but when my uni rang next day they told me they were up to the 29th October and 5 days later I had my loan assessed and approved.

ReputationRep:
    They are telling porkies since I had to reapply end of October and they recieved my paper form application 29th October and I have just got payment today(though Monday officially)

When I rang last Thursday(as in 9 days ago) they told me they were up till the middle of October, but when my uni rang next day they told me they were up to the 29th October and 5 days later I had my loan assessed and approved.
    What's the lie?

Sounds like on Thursday morning some people were still working on applications from the middle of October

By the next day they had managed to catch up quite a bit and get to 29 October

The must have processed your application on Friday or Saturday and you got your payments scheduled straight away

ReputationRep:
    I give up - I am e-mailing my uni next week to tell them I am leaving, I can't cope anymore.

I keep being told 2wks, 8-10 days etc. etc. but still nothing!! Hopefully I will get the money I am owed for the last terms childcare, I don't even care about anything else, but I owe so much money out and I can't do it anymore.

Just on the off-chance, does anyone know what date the special support team are actually up to?

Mel x

ReputationRep:
    I've only just got put through for the non means tested loan that "everyone" gets. Its coming to the end of first term and I like many others havent even got the basic loan. Its good to see that I'm not the only one having problems. Christmas this year is going to suck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baz1990)
    will anyone's loans be delayed in january or should everything be sorted out by then?

I had no problems with my loans in september, they actually went in early!
    That's 'cos you didn't have to apply to SFE like all new students have to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redmel1621)
    I give up - I am e-mailing my uni next week to tell them I am leaving, I can't cope anymore.

I keep being told 2wks, 8-10 days etc. etc. but still nothing!! Hopefully I will get the money I am owed for the last terms childcare, I don't even care about anything else, but I owe so much money out and I can't do it anymore.

Just on the off-chance, does anyone know what date the special support team are actually up to?

Mel x
    Someone on the SST really needs to get your application pulled out and processed right now.

What was the last communication you had (i.e. phone or email), what day was it and what exactly were you told?

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.