Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    SAT II 2320 :gah:!!!
    :congrats: same as your SAT I score right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gyyy2807)
    :congrats: same as your SAT I score right?
    10 points higher. SAT I = 2310
    (Original post by sufcmax)
    Wow! High five! Thats truly excellent!
    Your results too :yy:

ReputationRep:
    800 Maths
    800 Physics
    580 French --- WHAT THE HECK?!?!?! I was getting 750ish in real practice tests. I was panicking that I had misbubbled during the test and now my fears seem to have come true. Basically I skipped a question but forgot to skip a row in the answer sheet. CRAP! And my French teacher is writing one of my references. Her praise will seem like a joke with this score, and I have to send all my scores to Berkeley. Do you think it's possible for the school to send a note to the school explaining this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CocoPop)
    800 Maths
    800 Physics
    580 French --- WHAT THE HECK?!?!?! I was getting 750ish in real practice tests. I was panicking that I had misbubbled during the test and now my fears seem to have come true. Basically I skipped a question but forgot to skip a row in the answer sheet. CRAP! And my French teacher is writing one of my references. Her praise will seem like a joke with this score, and I have to send all my scores to Berkeley. Do you think it's possible for the school to send a note to the school explaining this?
    What the **** Well done for the other they've, they've saved your 580.
    Unless your applying for unis requiring 3 subject scores, perhaps you could exclude it? Or ask the college whether you could redo it because of error.

ReputationRep:
    Got them now
    Holy ****! CONGRATULATIONS! Breakdown? :sexface:

(don't make me guess again)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiiNGofLONDON)
    Holy ****! CONGRATULATIONS! Breakdown? :sexface:

(don't make me guess again)
    Maths II -740
    World History - 780
    Literature - 800 :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    Literature - 800 :gasp:
    Wanna trade?

ReputationRep:
    Wanna trade?
    I would bar the fact i would be shunted out of being able to try go for, or be eligible to apply for full scholarship, which was the aim of the game here :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    I would bar the fact i would be shunted out of being able to try go for, or be eligible to apply for full scholarship, which was the aim of the game here :gasp:
    Awww no fair!

But seriously, I believe you've done everything humanly possible to earn the scholarship. I don't know you personally, but if you don't get the scholarship I think it's their loss.

ReputationRep:
    800 Maths
    800 Physics
    Did you also make a thread on college confidential on this? Somebody on there has got the same scores as you and I think it's too much to be a coincidence.

And congrats on your scores. :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    Awww no fair!

But seriously, I believe you've done everything humanly possible to earn the scholarship. I don't know you personally, but if you don't get the scholarship I think it's their loss.
    Yeah i went to an Open day in London for american unis. I told the Harvard woman that i wouldn't go if I got partial scholarship because it simply isn't worth it.
    Her face after that comment: :lolwut: :gasp:
    I could go to a British Uni thats equally as good and cheaper

ReputationRep:
    Did you also make a thread on college confidential on this? Somebody on there has got the same scores as you and I think it's too much to be a coincidence.

And congrats on your scores. :congrats:
    Yes sir that was me

Hahah I like how we all have parallel accounts on College Confidential... I'm disguised under a different username (for no particular reason).

EDIT: Stricof, are you in Oxford? I'm applying there!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried this yet?
    Whats your AI index and rank?
    Stricof, are you in Oxford? I'm applying there!
    I'm on a Gap. I did apply to Oxford. I did get in. I don't want to go there any more because I didn't like it after all. Good luck though

ReputationRep:
    Yes sir that was me

Hahah I like how we all have parallel accounts on College Confidential... I'm disguised under a different username (for no particular reason).

*hides*

Good job on the two 800s though. Sucks that you got 580 =[

ReputationRep:
    So I have a bit of a problem...
    I need to sign up for the subject tests in January, but there are no seats left in England!
    There are some left in Glasgow but that really far away. Should I wait to see if some open up like in December? Ahhhhhhh.

ReputationRep:
    Yes sir that was me

haha my username's the same because I couldn't be asked to think of a new username.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sufcmax)
    So I have a bit of a problem...
    I need to sign up for the subject tests in January, but there are no seats left in England!
    There are some left in Glasgow but that really far away. Should I wait to see if some open up like in December? Ahhhhhhh.
    I'm taking it in Glasgow in January. 4-hour train / car journey for me - one way.

ReputationRep:
    I posted this on College Confidential as well, but I want to see what people on think about it:

I didn't get my scores yesterday, so have to wait another week.

For the MathII in Nov, I left out 3 questions and probably got the last question wrong (the one with the weird probability). If let's say hypotheically I get another 0, 3, 5 wrong, what score would I be looking at respectively? And what raw mark would I be looking at for 700?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I posted this on College Confidential as well, but I want to see what people on think about it:

I didn't get my scores yesterday, so have to wait another week.

For the MathII in Nov, I left out 3 questions and probably got the last question wrong (the one with the weird probability). If let's say hypotheically I get another 0, 3, 5 wrong, what score would I be looking at respectively? And what raw mark would I be looking at for 700?

Thanks
    In your case, having left out three, (according to my book, on the basis that the score curve for this test was average) your potential scores are:

0 wrong: 800
    1 wrong: 800
    2 wrong: 780
    3 wrong: 770
    4 wrong: 760
    5 wrong: 750
    6 wrong: 730
    7 wrong: 720
    8 wrong: 710
    9 wrong: 700
    10 wrong: 690

It won't be perfectly accurate, but it shouldn't be too far out.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...because I got 740 through leaving out one question :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.