Are they handing out medical licenses like candy now? Watch

tinktinktinkerbell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
For the record, my partner IS going through cancer (starts chemo next week). If anyone said that to him and it was clear they weren't joking, I'd be highly pissed off and think they were very inappropriate, might consider mentioning it to their seniors, but verbal abuse is never going to solve anything.

might not have solved anything but it would have made me feel better

im sorry to hear about your partner, i hope he gets better very soon
ogloom
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AsystoleUK)
How cute, the majority of people defending the NHS are NHS students or graduates. I only hope that you don't lose that passion for your job and do it half-assed.

Personally i'm glad I switched degrees before starting Nursing this September. I'd rather not work for a company that's more concerned with budget and guidelines than actual adequate patient care.
are you sure its not because you realised you'd be a murse?

The fact of the matter is, the NHS can't spend money willy-nilly. Its free healthcare for ***** sake. If we actually want the NHS to function on at least a basic level, frugality when it comes to money is paramount.
brokenangel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ogloom)
are you sure its not because you realised you'd be a murse?

The fact of the matter is, the NHS can't spend money willy-nilly. Its free healthcare for ***** sake. If we actually want the NHS to function on at least a basic level, frugality when it comes to money is paramount.
noctor more like.
Lamptastic
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Phalanges)
So your mum attacked a woman into submission who spent her time assisting her and listening to screaming and abuse all day long?

Classy woman.
Erm no she wasn't the nurse assisting her at all, she was from another ward and was speaking to the nurses at the nursing station. I think my mum was exhausted, frustrated and in pain, so to hear a nurse being spiteful just caused her to lash out, besides it was her first child and she had very little support in making me comfortable and quiet.

It was just one square punch in the mouth though. Its weird as she is usually so hard to piss off.

The nurse then went on to make a full apology (as well as my mum), apparently she was new to the job and was given a disciplinary. That's what I was told anyway.

I know attacking a nurse/doctor HCA is unacceptable but if she had given her a hand rather than saying a snide comment the incident would have been avoided.
Ataloss
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by I<3LAMP)
Reminds me when I was born my mother couldnt stop me screaming...the nurse said something along the lines of " can't you get her to shut up?" . My mum after 24 hours of painful labour, tearing and transfusion punched her in the face til she was flat on the floor.

Priceless
Outrageous!! Your Mum should have been locked up and if you belong nowhere near a medical school if you think such actions are "priceless".
Lamptastic
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ataloss)
Outrageous!! Your Mum should have been locked up and if you belong nowhere near a medical school if you think such actions are "priceless".
I never said what my mum did was right thing to do. I think in her current state she didn't care what the consequences were.

And yea the priceless thing was uncalled for.
Phalanges
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
im the least emotional person ever
Are you autistic?
tinktinktinkerbell
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Phalanges)
Are you autistic?

no
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1047)
79.02%
Leave (278)
20.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise