Turn on thread page Beta

Australian Open Final: Murray v Federer- Official Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    Was good to see Federer put Murray in his place, a good day for Tennis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    YEEESSS! Come on Fed get in there! WOOOOOOOO! And people thought that Murray was gonna win in three straight sets. LMAO.
    Federer fans: full of class :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)
    Federer fans: full of class :rolleyes:
    Yeah and the murray fans were going about in absolute class yesterday. :rolleyes: Anyway Federer simply killed Murray. :woo: Murray might as well retire now, no point in going on !

ReputationRep:
    I wish Murray did retire tbh, he's the least likeable sportsman I've ever seen in my life.

ReputationRep:
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

He's crying

ReputationRep:
    AHHHHH Murray is crying like the little piece of crap he is. And peole said Federer was gonna cry! I just cannot believe how much Murray is overated.

ReputationRep:
    Oh Andy

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and the murray fans were going about in absolute class yesterday. :rolleyes: Anyway Federer simply killed Murray. :woo: Murray might as well retire now, no point in going on !
    You're embarrassing yourself, I suggest you stop talking.

ReputationRep:
    I blame Tim.

Come on Murray your Britains best hope! Not like that waster mentioned above.

ReputationRep:
    Come on people lets face the facts; Murray was simply outclassed in every single area, from serves to ground strokes, everywhere. If Murray can even win a grand slam for the rest of the career it will be a very big thing.

ReputationRep:
    Come on people lets face the facts; Murray was simply outclassed in every single area, from serves to ground strokes, everywhere. If Murray can even win a grand slam for the rest of the career it will be a very big thing.
    true, but there's no reason to laugh at Murray for that. It was indeed stupid that people thought Murray could win in straight sets, but at the end of the day, Murray was still runnerup at a slam which isn't easy.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    AHHHHH Murray is crying like the little piece of crap he is. And peole said Federer was gonna cry! I just cannot believe how much Murray is overated.
    Overated? What the **** are you on?

Murray's reached 2 GS finals and lost both times to the greatest player of all time. Plus he is the best British tennis player of all time.

If you were to make your own rankings, where would you put Murray?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notnek)
    Overated? What the **** are you on?

Murray's reached 2 GS finals and lost both times to the greatest player of all time. Plus he is the best British tennis player of all time.

If you were to make your own rankings, where would you put Murray?
    Outside the top 10 thats for sure. How can you like Murray's tennis, so boring. Just stand on baseline and hit forehands and try to get them into the corner and its a hit and a miss. Sometimes he gets it but most of the times he doesn't. And after how many months has he reached to another GS final? 16 months.

ReputationRep:
    Outside the top 10 thats for sure. How can you like Murray's tennis, so boring. Just stand on baseline and hit forehands and try to get them into the corner and its a hit and a miss. Sometimes he gets it but most of the times he doesn't. And after how many months has he reached to another GS final? 16 months.
    Outside the top 10, are you insane? What on earth are you basing your rankings on, because it's clearly not form and achievements in tournaments?

ReputationRep:
    Loving patriotism in here. Seriously? How bloody hard are the rest of you British to please? Murray is the first great player we've had in over 50 years and everyone comes out with "He's so uncharismatic", "he's drab" "his tennis is boring".

Seriously!!? Is it not enough we have a brilliant tennis player representing Great Britain, he is passionate, he is fiery. Ok, socially he is a bity awkward but since when the hell did tennis become about personality. Is it not enough he represents us and does us all proud.

Christ, people loved Tiger Tim and what a typically British failure he turned out to be..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cproach1)
    Loving patriotism in here. Seriously? How bloody hard are the rest of you British to please? Murray is the first great player we've had in over 50 years and everyone comes out with "He's so uncharismatic", "he's drab" "his tennis is boring".

Seriously!!? Is it not enough we have a brilliant tennis player representing Great Britain, he is passionate, he is fiery. Ok, socially he is a bity awkward but since when the hell did tennis become about personality. Is it not enough he represents us and does us all proud.

Christ, people loved Tiger Tim and what a typically British failure he turned out to be..
    I don't give a damn about Murray's social, hell for all I know he can lock himself in his house and just come out to play tennis what I don't like is the British media hype. He is no better than Cilic, Tsonga etc . He falls in exactly that group, he cannot be classed in the same group as Djokovic, Nadal, Potro etc.

ReputationRep:
    I don't give a damn about Murray's social, hell for all I know he can lock himself in his house and just come out to play tennis what I don't like is the British media hype. He is no better than Cilic, Tsonga etc . He falls in exactly that group, he cannot be classed in the same group as Djokovic, Nadal, Potro etc.
    Do you pay any attention whatsoever to the Masters Series? Murray has significantly better results there than Cilic/Tsonga.

ReputationRep:
    That is just a purely retarded comment right there. I'm sorry but does Cilic have 16 tour wins, no! Has Tsonga won as many masters events, or done it back to back for that matter? No! End of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    Do you pay any attention whatsoever to the Masters Series? Murray has significantly better results there than Cilic/Tsonga.
    Well played. I think the ultimate example is the fact Murray has a winning record against Federer. That alone speaks volumes..

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I don't understand why people back people because of patriotic reasons.
    I'm British and I really do despise Andy Murray because he's arrogant and genuinely dislikeable and his tennis isn't that great either.

Federer is in a class of his own and I back him all the way, regardless of what nationality he is.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.