Oxford student lied about his 10 A grades Watch

Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
S'ok

I'm just lol'ing at this stupid comment on the article:

"A levels are so very easy these days that it is quite reasonable to accept that a student had passed 10 of them....
- Samantha, OAustralia, 29/1/2010 15:02"

Firstly, she's from Australia, so how the **** does she know what studying for an A Level is like?

Second, depending on her state of education, of course someone with a first from a brilliant university is going to find A Levels easy - it's all relative.

Third, she's a complete **** that she doesn't realise passing an A Level means getting a C or better. She's so ******* ignorant that she doesn't even know the grading system here, yet still comments on A Levels.

Fourth, a A Level in Media Studies, yes. An A Level in Further Maths - certainly not. I refuse to be tarred with the brush that A Levels are easy when I did Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry etc. which are supposed to be the hardest A Levels.

She deserves a punch in the face.
For me, my a-levels were probably just as difficult as my degree. I was in school more time, that's for sure.
LooCee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's my old secondary school, it wouldn't surprise me that they made comments like that! I didn't stay there for A-levels partly because the choice was pretty poor. I'm fairly sure that they didn't even offer some of those subjects, English Language for one.
letsdothetimewarpagain
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh dear, they should have checked. Anyone claiming to have 10 A grades at A level would immediately sound alarm bells, even if they don't check every applicant :erm: Shame on him for lying but more shame on the college for not realising for about 5 months...
birdsong1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
lmao who's the funny rep crew
Tsukuyomi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Theyve already accepted him, they should let him stay and continue is degree, but what a ****, if youre gonna lie at least make it reasonable.... 10 A levels :wtf:
Qaz25
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Heeeey that guy took the same things I took at A-Level... :eek:

and an A in R.S shouldn't have been too difficult first time round... I like it when Oxbridge get owned
theBOON
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tsukuyomi)
Theyve already accepted him, they should let him stay and continue is degree, but what a ****, if youre gonna lie at least make it reasonable.... 10 A levels :wtf:
Well they got fooled at first. I wonder if there do exist some people doing 10 A-levels. Besides he applied at 21 so he had ~6 to accomplish the feat.
Oh I Really Don't Care
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I lived next door to the culprit last term. He must have been finding it tough as he spent all of his day doing work in his room.

I miss this guy.
Oh I Really Don't Care
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by a_t)
Are they kicking him out?

Hope not
He is still causing bother at the Union; after being expelled he turned up and then couldn't be removed.
MSB
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DeanK22)
He is still causing bother at the Union; after being expelled he turned up and then couldn't be removed.
When was that?
dawgnut
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Where does this guy live? Oxford?
Oh I Really Don't Care
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MSB)
When was that?
Last thursday or friday.
SomeStudent
Badges: 14
Report 8 years ago
:ditto:
Dunno how he got past the admission checks, especially with 10 A levels and 14A*s... Did he make fake certificates or what...?

Still, he got caught and can't apply to uni through ucas anymore... what a fool :p:
MSB
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Last thursday or friday.
I was there last Thursday and didn't see any drama, but, even so, that's pretty funny.
chronic_fatigue
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
he seems genuine
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-A-levels.html
Tom1390
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I lived next door to the culprit last term. He must have been finding it tough as he spent all of his day doing work in his room.

I miss this guy.
What was he like.. his character?
jjackson18624
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
10 a-levels lmfao. I wish i'd thought of it in a less exaggerated form, maybe st andrews would have accepted me
Tsukuyomi
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by chronic_fatigue)
he seems genuine
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-A-levels.html
**** me 22 a levels... still a waste of time
algérie_mon_amour
Badges: 2
Report 8 years ago
Is it even possible to do 10 A-Levels? I mean in two years!
jjackson18624
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by algérie_mon_amour)
Is it even possible to do 10 A-Levels? I mean in two years!
it was meant to be 7 in 2 years i think.. depending on how he did it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1116)
78.93%
Leave (298)
21.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed