The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
jjackson18624
what kind of school do you go to?! :lolwut:
oxbridge only get about 3 applications per place on average, compared to the usual average of about 8! (this stats are from a couple of years ago, but i doubt the figures have changed that much)

It's a grammar school, but this year's been a record year for Oxbridge places at my school...:rolleyes:
Leicester, York, Southampton, Nottingham, Birmingham
Reply 102
One of my friends decided to rave about Leicester to everyone and kind of persuaded them all to put it down as a choice...so there's about 10-13 of them all applying there, which I think was a bit misguided since they're all doing different courses but just want to stay together.

I know a fair amount of people going for Leeds Trinity/Leeds Uni mainly because it's the closest, and York/York St John has been a favourite of at least half of the year.
Reply 103
Popular choices for mine are like,
Oxbridge, Durham, Bristol, UCL...etcetera

Kings has been ridiculously popular this year too..

And about five people out 80 haven't applied to Leeds,
guess it's like next closest city to Manchester
The majority seemed to apply to Huddersfield, others were Leeds Met., Manchester Met, Sheffield Hallam and Leeds uni. But overall, the majority that got into uni, went to Huddersfield.
Almost everyone at my school goes to Aberyswerth or Swansea. A few then go to Glamorgan and Cardiff. This year I thyink only 5 of us left Wales; 2 at Bristol, 1 at Chester, 1 at UWE and 1 at Edinburgh.

Ruth xx
mainly Lancaster and Manchester at my school - nearest reasonable unis.
Brighton
Everyone seems to love Exeter and Loughborough. Pretty middle class
I know there's 30 of us wanting to apply to Oxbridge :s-smilie:

And the rest probably Edinburgh/St Andrews/Glasgow....
Reply 110
York
Reply 111
Liverpool/Chester. Local Uni's personally dont see the point of going local.
Reply 112
Absolutely everyone I've talked to at my sixth-form about uni have said they've applied to Hull. There's pnly a few of us that are absolutely set on leaving Hull, which I find quite odd.
I doubt many people have applied to Top 10's, there's only one person I know who's applied to Oxford.
You can really tell which posters went to brilliant schools and which went to mediocre comps.
Most popular:
Aberystwyth
Birmingham
Manchester
Sheffield
UCL/Kings/Imperial
Few for Nottingham

And I only applied to one of those - now I've declined it :smile:
Leeds and Newcastle were pretty popular at my school.
Liverpool Hope/JMU/Edge Hill.
Reply 117
UCL and Leeds.
Hmm. Salford, Man Met, UCLAN.. Edge Hill was quite popular too?

Then the ones who did alright went to Manchester.. 5 of my close friends went to Nottingham. People don't want to go too far away from home it seems.
UWE, because apart from me and my best friend, every single person I've asked told me they applied to UWE. And then probably Birmingham, Manchester and Cadiff.

Latest

Trending

Trending