Turn on thread page Beta

Hey ladies, do you realize how hot your Brittish accent is :) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    :coma: I find German accents oddly attractive.
    :mmm: :five:

ReputationRep:
    There is no such thing as a British accent.

ReputationRep:
    I can assure you my accent is far from attractive. :sigh:

Weirdly people always assume I'm a Geordie...or Welsh. Now I do not know where they get that from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SUCKMEOFF)
    What about potteries accent when ever I hear it I think its horrible
    :mad: It sometimes gets mistaken for Scouse and that can only be a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    Us Brits can naturally distinguish various regional accents from one another, and deny that there is one over-riding "British accent". But I assume to foreigners, who have not lived here long enough to recognise the various subtleties, that most of our regional accents sound so similar that they can be classified as a "British accent".

Whilst I could tell if someone was an American, I couldn't tell which State they lived in or anything like that. I could make a vague guess of North or South but could not distinguish any further. So I guess our British accent is just like that to most foreigners. They probably don't get much further than distinguishing between 'British' (english) accents and Scottish accents.

ReputationRep:
    Yorkshire accents. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    :mmm: :five:
    :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I think the OP has missed the point that there is no 'British' accent and that even within each country there are different accents as well as each region within each country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    You haven't visited Yorkshire,
    we sound like inbred, retarded farmers :sexface:
    Sorry, but that is sooo true haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon Person)
    Are you talking the whole of the UK or just England?

Clearly all the girls he met were scottish :p: cos let's face it our accents are AWESOME!!!

ReputationRep:
    Southern England :coma:

I can't stand Northern accents tbh.
    Really, I'm the exact opposite. I think it's coz I'm Australian! So to me, southern accents (esp. London) sounds a bit like ours. Whereas northern more exotic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)
    Really, I'm the exact opposite. I think it's coz I'm Australian! So to me, southern accents (esp. London) sounds a bit like ours. Whereas northern more exotic.
    :rofl: Northern England exotic

Actually, my cousins live in Australia and they say exactly the same thing! Maybe it's just because they're used to London accents (they used to live here).

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Northern England exotic

Actually, my cousins live in Australia and they say exactly the same thing! Maybe it's just because they're used to London accents (they used to live here).
    Yeah there's too many backpackers from London in Adelaide, so boring. Needs to be more diversity.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell is a British accent? I'm betting what you think it is doesn't sound anything like a Glaswegian, Welsh or Geordie accent.

*pet peeve*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    What the hell is a British accent? I'm betting what you think it is doesn't sound anything like a Glaswegian, Welsh or Geordie accent.

*pet peeve*
    OP, British accents.

And you're saying that Welsh accent sounds bad?
    Oh, how dare you! It's one of my favourites :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Also, the UK is not the same as Britain. The UK is Northern Ireland as well as Britain (Egland, Scotland and Wales), so there's Irish accents to consider also.

I figured I may as well go all the way.

ReputationRep:
    I want to join the German accent love, I'm making it my mission to get myself a German boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Southern England :coma:

I can't stand Northern accents tbh.
    Tu Madre!

Welsh sounds like backwards English.
    Scoucer accents makes me vomit.
    Brummie accent...can't make a word of it sometimes.
    Irish accent...kinda sounds like gibberish sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo-knee)
    Tu Madre!

Welsh sounds like backwards English.
    Scoucer accents makes me vomit.
    Brummie accent...can't make a word of it sometimes.
    Irish accent...kinda sounds like gibberish sometimes.
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    Brummie accents are rammle!! Hate them, I'm from Nottingham and from a reasonably posh part of Notts..as posh as they come here anyway haha!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.