Official thread FP1, 1st Febraury 2010 Watch

Poll: How do you rate this paper (on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best)?
1 (5)
7.25%
2 (1)
1.45%
3 (0)
0%
4 (1)
1.45%
5 (2)
2.9%
6 (1)
1.45%
7 (6)
8.7%
8 (6)
8.7%
9 (15)
21.74%
10 (32)
46.38%
Narik
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ClaireW2708)
I take offence to this. I didn't apply to Cambridge for the "name", I applied for the world-class teaching. For the opportunity to study an intercalated degree, with any subject for your BA. For a course that suits me better than the others. And for entry requirements better set up for me - higher grades, less work experience. And because I applied to 4 of the 7 universities which do my course. Does this make me "non-clever?"
Sorry, but its true.

I agree with the Q1 and answers
You go girl.
NN24
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Edexcel
ClaireW2708
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Narik)
You go girl.
:p: It just pisses me off how many people seem to think this. Ah well. :dontknow:
NN24
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
for the perimeter of trapezium question i got what appears to be thecorrect answer but then changed it getting a whole number. if all the rest was right (method marks for all except one coordinate) would i get method marks?
Burnsy91
Report 8 years ago
Is the paper going to be posted or not?!

Thought it would have been done by now
Narik
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:p: It just pisses me off how many people seem to think this. Ah well. :dontknow:
I understand.
Anyway, you worked hard to get that offer so **** whoever thinks otherwise, because you'll be the one enjoying your next couple of years doing what you love with the best tutors you can possibly get.
ClaireW2708
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Narik)
I understand.
Anyway, you worked hard to get that offer so **** whoever thinks otherwise, because you'll be the one enjoying your next couple of years doing what you love with the best tutors you can possibly get.
Nice way to look at it, thanks. Six years :love:
Zacula
Report 8 years ago
I take offence to this.
My actual purpose was not to offend the Cambridge applicants, but Cambridge itself, and their process of admissions.

You can find worthy and World class teaching at any University! I think that the belief that these can only be found there is stupid.

I did not mean to offend you or any other Cambridge applicant, and I am not saying that you guys are stupid. You are kids and easily attracted by fake shiny things. You will realise what I am saying once you go there, or anywhere else.

But trust me, you can get as good teaching and resources at any well respected University (if we are talking about the UK, then any top 40 ranked Uni). Cambridge is simply richer, has better links within the media, and the corporations.

Applicants should wake up and realise what a great fraud big-name Universities are...
NN24
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Zacula)
My actual purpose was not to offend the Cambridge applicants, but Cambridge itself, and their process of admissions.

You can find worthy and World class teaching at any University! I think that the belief that these can only be found there is stupid.

I did not mean to offend you or any other Cambridge applicant, and I am not saying that you guys are stupid. You are kids and easily attracted by fake shiny things. You will realise what I am saying once you go there, or anywhere else.

But trust me, you can get as good teaching and resources at any well respected University (if we are talking about the UK, then any top 40 ranked Uni). Cambridge is simply richer, has better links within the media, and the corporations.

Applicants should wake up and realise what a great fraud big-name Universities are...
despite some possible truth behind that it is clear that big-name uni's are higher respected by employers and such. whether or not it be due to an innacurate judgement is irrelevant as that is the reality.
Such universities are known for high standards of accepted applicants and this will reflect on the individual when job applications and further study applications are important.

Also the teaching standards could logically be higher as more money=more resources to learn and are the best lecturers, profs etc, when given a choice not more likely to choose higher ranked uni's to work at?

I personally think it is quite an achievement so well done!
NN24
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Khodu)
Yeah, I do AS FM but in 18 months, mainly independent learning... But I have a FAB teacher who comes once a week and goes through it all. That was my last FM AS module.
Ye I do it indipendantly too tho wish I had this FAB teacher lol. How do you find teaching yourself?im doing it normail speed tho took modules early to get them outta the way. And are you teaching yourself the applied/which ones?
Khodu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

I do agree with you... :yep:
Khodu
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by NN24)
Ye I do it indipendantly too tho wish I had this FAB teacher lol. How do you find teaching yourself?im doing it normail speed tho took modules early to get them outta the way. And are you teaching yourself the applied/which ones?

Well, it's down to the FAB teacher lol. Well a lot of hard work too. We covered D1 in 10 lessons. M1 in around 11 and FP1 in around 10 too. I always get lower grades for the applied in comparison to the Pure mods.. But the main thing is to actually understand the concepts...Draw whenever you need to imagine the actually application... Mechanics needs a lot of visual learning... I try and rush through it, like do a chapter or two a week and loads of exercises and one or two past paper questions at the end. And 2 weeks or more before the exam, non stop exam papers... But I think it's not too good to finish too quickly if the exam is late (i.e. this FP1 mod) as you can easily forget much of it.

Sorry for the essay.
Khodu
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Burnsy91)
Is the paper going to be posted or not?!

Thought it would have been done by now

Why don't you start it then. :poke:
zevy1
Report 8 years ago
This paper was easy if you have revised and also done C1 - C4, like i have. so pretty sure i got 79/80
quietlyconfidant
Report 8 years ago
in light of the fact that there is no paper appearing shall we just all try to remember the questions. the first part of the last question was to prove the standard result for the summation of a finite series for r^3, or maybe r^2.
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by zevy1)
This paper was easy if you have revised and also done C1 - C4, like i have. so pretty sure i got 79/80
which would be surprising as the paper was out of 75...
ClaireW2708
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

I do see what you're getting at. UCL, ICL, Warwick and many others also offer an excellent standard of teaching. But they don't do my subject
ClaireW2708
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by quietlyconfidant)
in light of the fact that there is no paper appearing shall we just all try to remember the questions. the first part of the last question was to prove the standard result for the summation of a finite series for r^3, or maybe r^2.
r^3, definitely.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by quietlyconfidant)
OK, so can someone layout the numbers and parts so that we can copy and start filling in. Coz I am absolutely useless when it comes to remembering question allocation, but if some people have a general idea I can poke in the general direction :P
KeineHeldenMehr
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by cambo211)
which would be surprising as the paper was out of 75...
:rofl:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (10)
38.46%
No (16)
61.54%

Watched Threads