How did everyone find the AQA Biology exam? Watch

GunnerArshavin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Liam_W_)
I put insulin is produced, and then went on to say basically what you have said, but mentioned the amount of mitochondria aswell
I done the same as you, I said insulin, and it contained many ribosomes for protein synthesis . Anyone else do this ?

And above, I was also confused on the cell division part, but I remembered that there was 2 divisions that take place , so it was C .
Liam_W_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by GunnerArshavin)
I done the same as you, I said insulin, and it contained many ribosomes for protein synthesis . Anyone else do this ?

And above, I was also confused on the cell division part, but I remembered that there was 2 divisions that take place , so it was C .
Yeah I did C also.
Jiten88
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I hate when stuff that is not on the revision guides (sankey diagrams) come up in the exam!
Anjali.x
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jiten88)
I hate when stuff that is not on the revision guides (sankey diagrams) come up in the exam!
same..it was a disgusting exam
Jiten88
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would say I got about 30 marks overall I hope that's an A*. Probably isn't though.
Liam_W_
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The one about the man drinking the ice was very misleading!
Although when I thought about it, I realised. I'd already put Vasoconstriction, and then I had to say why this would help.

I put this means that the low core temperature will be further away from the skin surface, therefore allowing the surface temp to begin to match that of the 40 degree Celsius room.
CannonT
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
what did people think of the vasoconstriction and vasodilation because when the body temperature lowers usually the blood vessels constrict. but in this question the surrounding temperatures were 40c higher than what he was so would the vessels dilate? CONFUSING QUESTION! and btw, glucose is c6h12o6 and starch is c6h10o5 they arnt the same thign should get both marks for that !
saroora
Report 8 years ago
what did everyone write for that one-marker:
name a substance produced by the pancreas?
i wrote insulin?

and then it says how does the cell shown (C) adapt to produce this substance?
i wrote cus it contains lotsa ribosomes - protein synthesis, and also loadsa mitachondria for energy to make the insulin

please tell me thats right!!!!!!!!!!
Hanz_a93
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Although when I thought about it, I realised. I'd already put Vasoconstriction, and then I had to say why this would help.

I put this means that the low core temperature will be further away from the skin surface, therefore allowing the surface temp to begin to match that of the 40 degree Celsius room.
I went on about how the body responded to the cold drink by warming up and so no sweat was produced by the sweat glands. (I then rambled on about how blood flow is constricted etc etc)
onelessdayofschool
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How did everyone find unit 3?
potentialmedicalstudent
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
what was the theory for the swan necked flasks, where it said complete this sentence, this provides evidence for the theory of........................
CannonT
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

why would the blood vessels constrict if the outside temperatures were warmer than the normal body temperatures? surely when the core body temperature gets colder then they would dilate to take in more heat from the surroundings ???
onelessdayofschool
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by potentialmedicalstudent)
what was the theory for the swan necked flasks, where it said complete this sentence, this provides evidence for the theory of........................
Biogenesis - where living things come from living organisms.
What did you put for the ethanol question?
instrumentalist
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by onelessdayofschool)
Biogenesis - where living things come from living organisms.
What did you put for the ethanol question?
carbohydrase converts maize starch into glucose, the glucose is used as energy source for yeast to respire anaerobically to produce ethanol from fermentation, the ethanol is then distilled to separate it from the remaining yeast and then it can be used as a fuel by itself or blended with petrol to produce gasohol
Liam_W_
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CannonT)
why would the blood vessels constrict if the outside temperatures were warmer than the normal body temperatures? surely when the core body temperature gets colder then they would dilate to take in more heat from the surroundings ???
This is exactly what I thought, but they dilate to release heat do they not? Why would they do that if it was lowering the core temp? I totally agree though, the question was a biatch.
saroora
Report 8 years ago
when the ice cold drink is drunk.... the body gets cold.. right?
so the body tries to WARM UP
so warming up:
blood vessels CONSTRICT
sweating REDUCED
saroora
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Bungo)
hi, as mentioned earlier i will have the b2 paper by this evening and i will post the questions and answers, i will have them by 6:30pm as i cannot get them any sooner as my dad has exams to invildulate this afternoon,
oscar
Can u pleaseee send me the B2 questions and answers! thanks
TheFootyKing19
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What did you put for thw lactose,lactase question?

What did you put for the milk question?

What diod you put for the " how do animals use respiration " question?

What did you put for the animals indoors questions?

What did you put for the last question all of it?

And last of all, what do you think the grade boiundaries will/should be?
theharrovian
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It was the question about biofuels, the penultimate question of B3.
Emzilla
Report 8 years ago
What did everyone put for the "why do chromosomes come in pairs" thing? I was going to say one from each parent, but then I realised that it said that it applied "most organisms"...including ones produced asexually. So I said something about a double helix :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?