OCR Chemistry AS ATOMS BONDS GROUPS :: POST EXAM DISCUSSION!! How did it go for you? Watch

juman786
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mainguy)
Well on page 22 about 2/3 down it says HSO4-. Only one H+ is released.
you know what i think both would be correct

H+ and HS04-

or

H+ SO42-

because sulfuric acid dissociates twice and the question was not specific on how much it dissociated
juman786
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BeckyBaby)
Wasn't it one of the WRC questions? So you'd get a mark for the way you wrote the answer and spelling something easy like "electrons" or something, they've done that in the past.

nope that was not a QWC answer, infact there was no QWC questions, the questions with the pencil diagram said "u would be marked on using scientific terms and having them spelt correctly." QWC is normally given for using 2 or more eligible sentences with correct grammar.

...its all changed
Ishman2k10
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hopefully I can get my E that will keep me in my college
Bukkerz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I put H+ and SO42-, I think the question said name the formulae of the ions produced when in water. I didn't even know about the other ions haha.

About the NF3, what did people put? I was confused, because the flourines are more electronegative, and so you have the delta negative fluorines, but then there is the lone pair on the nitrogen. I pretty sure it's wrong now but I went for the lone pair on the nitrogen giving that end a negative charge, and just ignoring the fluorines entirely. Ah well.
hardz21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I ******* hated this paper !!!!!!!!!!!! Why was the 2009 series so easy :| Ad then january one was easier than this ? EVEN THE SPECIMEN... WHICH IS MEANT TO BE HARDER THAN THE ACTUAL EXAM WAS HARDER. Shall we do an AQA unit 4 replica and make an fb group, then write letters to the exam board and just go crazy... and go national?
Maybe I'm over exaggerating, but this has ******* me up for my forthcoming exams, and i did soo much revision also. I dont know what happened :/
786girl
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hardz21)
I ******* hated this paper !!!!!!!!!!!! Why was the 2009 series so easy :| Ad then january one was easier than this ? EVEN THE SPECIMEN... WHICH IS MEANT TO BE HARDER THAN THE ACTUAL EXAM WAS HARDER. Shall we do an AQA unit 4 replica and make an fb group, then write letters to the exam board and just go crazy... and go national?
Maybe I'm over exaggerating, but this has ******* me up for my forthcoming exams, and i did soo much revision also. I dont know what happened :/
heyy maneeeeee dont worry i guarantee you done MUCH better than you thought, i know a lot of people that are saying they found it hard so grade boundaries are bound 2 droppp!!
you've worked soo hard for it and it will pay off trust me, its only 30% who knows u might ace unit 2 !!
786girl
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by juman786)
nope that was not a QWC answer, infact there was no QWC questions, the questions with the pencil diagram said "u would be marked on using scientific terms and having them spelt correctly." QWC is normally given for using 2 or more eligible sentences with correct grammar.

...its all changed
was the last one not qwc i wasted my time writing neatly then!
and u know for the trigonal planar question i drew it wrong
i had 3 bonded atoms but they wernt spread out equally for sme reason i drew them nearer to the bottom like the NH3 without the lone pairs
...omg i despise that paper.
TwirlGirl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I ******* hated this paper !!!!!!!!!!!! Why was the 2009 series so easy :| Ad then january one was easier than this ? EVEN THE SPECIMEN... WHICH IS MEANT TO BE HARDER THAN THE ACTUAL EXAM WAS HARDER. Shall we do an AQA unit 4 replica and make an fb group, then write letters to the exam board and just go crazy... and go national?Maybe I'm over exaggerating, but this has ******* me up for my forthcoming exams, and i did soo much revision also. I dont know what happened :/

No because this exam wasn't a shambles :p: I sat that exam and it was atrocious!
This had everything on the specification and in the text books
Ishman2k10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah, grade boundaries had better go down. around 46/60 for an A who ACTUALLY THINKS they dropped 14 marks.
786girl
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
btw can i just say that just because we are here dicussing the things we got wrong think about the people who failed and arent on here
i hope nationally people flopped lmao
786girl
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ishman2k10)
Yeah, grade boundaries had better go down. around 46/60 for an A who ACTUALLY THINKS they dropped 14 marks.
i ACTUALLY think ive dropped 15-16 marks
so lets say 45 for an A
hardz21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 786girl)
heyy maneeeeee dont worry i guarantee you done MUCH better than you thought, i know a lot of people that are saying they found it hard so grade boundaries are bound 2 droppp!!
you've worked soo hard for it and it will pay off trust me, its only 30% who knows u might ace unit 2 !!
Heyyyyy, nah dude. trust me, to get an A you have to only drop 12 marks... i got bare stuff wrong, so all in all i calculated about 10/11 things i got wrong. So ive got only one mark to spare... ******* great !!! thank god for resit... my life is one big resit haha.
Unit 2, i hope that isnt hard like this was !!!!!!! raah :|
how did u find it? did u hate the paper lol??
ihaterealitytvshows
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mainguy)
Nope in the book it says:

H+ ion and a HSO4- ion. I was so close to doing that as well, damnit.
you know books can be wrong
hardz21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ihaterealitytvshows)
you know books can be wrong
not the exam board specific things like this? and if its logicical.
ihaterealitytvshows
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Freerider101)
Yeah i got 10 to the power of 25 too
god i didnt exactly know what it meant by no of particles so i worked out the moles and put that on the answer line however i did to the whole avagadros number thing too but put it in the working box only should get a mark me thinks
ihaterealitytvshows
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
not the exam board specific things like this? and if its logicical.
well yes because i have an ocr endorsed book and according to a mark scheme i did the book was wrong...
hardz21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ihaterealitytvshows)
well yes because i have an ocr endorsed book and according to a mark scheme i did the book was wrong...
was it chemistry. And was it logical. For instance, the H+ and HSO4- is logicical and a true representation, so its valid and reliable. Hence, the book was not wrong in this instance. However, i agree, books can make mistakes... this book has mistakes, but this was not on of them
AnthonyShock
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I LOVED this paper! Mind I'm doing A2 Chem so I cannot feel too smug bout it lol

I put for the ion uestion that H+ and SO4- would be present. I made a silly mistake here as I know SO4 is a 2- ion. Was it a one mark or two mark question?
Mainguy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AnthonyShock)
I LOVED this paper! Mind I'm doing A2 Chem so I cannot feel too smug bout it lol

I put for the ion uestion that H+ and SO4- would be present. I made a silly mistake here as I know SO4 is a 2- ion. Was it a one mark or two mark question?
I did the same thing...It was a two mark question, so I think we'd get one mark for 'H+', since it said two ions.
Freerider101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by juman786)
im sure it Cl2 with 2I- (expt:1) was brown =S
It said they added an organic solvent though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?