Turn on thread page Beta

Reue finally got visited by the Tv Licence Inspectors! watch

ReputationRep:
    Funny how 4gdollars has gone quiet since he was owned!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    I think it is disgusting that you are not paying the licence fee. Your clearly breaking the law here. I hope you get done.
    I think it's disgusting the BBC uses mafia tactics to get people to buy their products. I don't watch the BBC, why should I give them my money for nothing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    Its surprising that they havent given TV Licencing people more powers

thing is to enter a persons house almost always requires a warrant so it would be an overkill for an inspector to get one everytime but it would be a big step to give them routine access to peoples houses.
    If TVL were given powers to break down peoples' doors and forcibly restrain householders while they tear the place apart looking for TVs the more likely outcome is that revenue would drop to zero, as the license fee would lose all public support and be abolished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusfox)
    Did the store check that your mother was not in fact Princess Leia?

John Smith
    35 High Street
    Reading
    RG2 4LF

There's an address I just made up.
    well, considering they take a phone number and address as standard procedure anyway for delivery, not hard to compare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by favh)
    If TVL were given powers to break down peoples' doors and forcibly restrain householders while they tear the place apart looking for TVs the more likely outcome is that revenue would drop to zero, as the license fee would lose all public support and be abolished.
    i doubt it to be honest - i think a lot of genuine tax payers would support it

i guess the licencing peopel are paid for by the fee? may as well cause some hassle while they are at it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by speedbird)
    I think it's disgusting the BBC uses mafia tactics to get people to buy their products. I don't watch the BBC, why should I give them my money for nothing?

I don't use Mountain Rescue, but I'm not seeking to claw back my contributions for it.

Even if you never watch the BBC, your life is enriched by its being there, because the society you live in is cleverer and better informed for it. Suggesting that it be made subject to market forces rather misses the point: a lot of what is on the BBC has to be subsidised, much of the classical music, all of the poetry and the arts shows on the radio. Globally, the BBC is one of our major sources of soft-power, and one of the dwindling number of things we can point and say with justification "See this? It's the best in the world", and it is that by a street.

But, yeah, keep 'sticking it to the man' (but not so noisily that your dentist dad has to pay you court fees, eh?). Single mums go to choky and jackass students play barrack-room lawyer to save 30p a day. High five me, "Gandalf", ROFL!

Jesus, and you wonder why you're still virgins?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milky Milk)
    Hahahaha! Well it's apparently against the law to eat mince pies on Christmas day.
    It isn't.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, rather than going on opinions or your own thoughts about whether something is payable, why not try straight from the asses mouth.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-i...students-aud1/

You don’t need a TV Licence for your term-time address if

You only watch downloaded or streamed TV AFTER it has been broadcast This includes using websites like YouTube and Bebo, as well as ‘on demand’ internet services like iPlayer offering TV downloads or streaming.

All of the following are true:
    Your out-of-term address is covered by a TV Licence AND
    You only use TV receiving equipment that is powered solely by its own internal batteries AND
    You have not connected it to an aerial or plugged it into the mains.

ReputationRep:
    Your one of those special few who does not watch tv.
    Whatever. Why should anyone pay the BBC for watching, say, Fox News? That's stealing in my book.

I think it is very confusing. Reue owns a tv set that has the capabilities of receiving signal. He should have a licence fee. We don't know whether he watches tv as a result- I am assuming he does. I hope he gets done and get prosecuted. I believe he gets a £1000 fine. I hope he gets it. As far as I am concerned he is breaking the law.
    To those that neg repped me-
    No, I am not being mean. I am entitled to my views. I think it is mean that someone is praised for being rude to the tv licensing people and not having a tv license. I suppose these are the same people that would praise Hitler, Raoul Moaut...Frankly, it is sickening and despicable
    Except he isnt breaking the law is he? you know this because you have deleted all your old posts in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    .. But he was out. Opps.

They did however leave the usual threatening letters, plus this one gem I thought i'd share with you in order to point out some of their frequently used scare tactics:

So, in response to their 'reasoning' for giving me a priority visit:

- They can write to me as much as they like, as can anyone else in the world.. does not mean I am under any obligation to write back to them, just like anyone else in the world.

- How can they get away with so clearly accusing me of being a criminal? I may have bought a tv device.. does not mean I'm using it to watch live tv and thus breaking the law. It would be like the police writing to you saying "You've recently bought a knife to go around stabbing people with..".

- Ive not been accepted because im not giving you any money, morons.

- Clearly its completely incomprehendable to them that someone might actually cancel a tv licence without needing to renew it.

And finally they end with the old "Even if you DONT have a tv.. we still need to come round and harrass you".
    They#re bullying silly billies. What's new?

(Original post by alissasantiago)
    You haven't got a telly license?!

you're crazy reue.

/thread. :teehee:
    Your sig is amazing. Rep worh y :p:

We don't know. He could be watching tv without having a licence fee. He has admitted to having a tv set which has the capabilities of receiving a signal. . I think he is watching tv without having a license fee.

So what if I deleted my old posts. It is not the first time. Stop with the deluded conspiracies.

I hope he gets caught. I think it is wrong that he does not have a license fee.
    Why? What reason do you have for thinking that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    I don't use Mountain Rescue, but I'm not seeking to claw back my contributions for it.
    Yes, because it is exactly the same thing, isn't it, being rescued and wasting your life watching soap operas and tabloid television. Why not pay for my booze as well?

Even if you never watch the BBC, your life is enriched by its being there, because the society you live in is cleverer and better informed for it.
    Oh yeah, why waste your time studying for your GCSEs when you've got television!

Suggesting that it be made subject to market forces rather misses the point: a lot of what is on the BBC has to be subsidised, much of the classical music, all of the poetry and the arts shows on the radio.
    I Don't Want It. Any of it. You want to waste your life in front of a screen, you pay for it. Simple as.
    And the rest of your post is just utter nonsense, so I'm going to ignore it if you don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    What makes you thinking he isn't watching tv on a tv set?
    Because TV is **** and you can do it just as easily by using (TVCatchup) :p:

Edit: - Techincally you still need a licence for TVCatchUp under certain circumstance ya da ya da....

What makes you thinking he isn't watching tv on a tv set?
    Innocent until proven guilty ring a bell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    i doubt it to be honest - i think a lot of genuine tax payers would support it
    All it takes is one crying granny on the TV and TVL (and likely the whole BBC) are done for. Not many people are willing to go to such goose-stepping extremes to prop up an iniquitous poll tax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    Even if you never watch the BBC, your life is enriched by its being there, because the society you live in is cleverer and better informed for it.
    What are books for? I would say most of the tabloid trash on BBC is educational.

It's quite simple. Why pay for something you don't use or need?

I do have a TV licence by the way as I do watch the TV.

ReputationRep:
    x
    Can you stop quoting people then deleting your post. Tis annoying. Why do it, because you don't want to receive negative rep?

4G dollars:Is there a reason that you are deleting posts...its slightly problomatic to reply to posts which have been deleted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    Can you stop quoting people then deleting your post. Tis annoying. Why do it, because you don't want to receive negative rep?
    This. Seriously why?

And why complain that Reue might be lying? There's a chance anybody might lie about anything, but if you make those assumptions talking to people gets complicated. Just assume people are telling the truth unless there's something suspect about their story.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.