Turn on thread page Beta

JUST found boyfriend on a DATING WEBSITE! i created a fake profile.. what to do??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sushidelight)
    Just walk away....

don't even give him a reason.
    nah, I suggest you do tell him because it will leave him gobsmacked if anything else which will give you satisfaction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manga)
    this hurts so much.
    If its any consolation, you're quite pretty - so his loss.

ReputationRep:
    Or something like this...

http://mozey.files.wordpress.com/200...ard-mssage.jpg

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.baconbabble.com/wp-conten...-letters-4.jpg

http://www.baconbabble.com/wp-conten...-letters-3.jpg

http://www.baconbabble.com/wp-conten...letters-51.jpg

^

[Mod edit: Image removed]

ReputationRep:
    i am still so in love with him...
    we've been together 3 years...

how could he do this to me..

i just want to die

ReputationRep:
    OP I'm so sorry . This really sucks. He's obviously an immature a-hole that never deserved your trust. You're lucky this happened before it was too late.

ReputationRep:
    i needs omeone to talk to
    can i ring someone?

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a royal twit to me.
    Spare yourself the pain, OP. Stop torturing yourself by doing this. Go to sleep, clear your head (it makes you feel better). Go out tomorrow, have fun with friends and forget all about him. Ignore him altogether...it's not worth the pain it really isn't. And it's better you find out now, than in 10 years when you're pregnant with his lovechild and he's taking 'business holidays' every 2 weeks.

Good luck, you seem like a really lovely person and you didn't deserve this. It's not your fault remember, he's evidently a proper perv.

ReputationRep:
    i've been chatting to him like this for 3 hours now.. this is exhausting. he has no idea. he said he would be going to bed early to get up for work tomorrow. guess he spends his time doing this.

i'm crying so hard.. wil the tears eveer end? will i ever find anyone like him again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manga)
    i needs omeone to talk to
    can i ring someone?
    He sounds like a bint to be honest. You might as well just accept it wasn't meant to be

We all want our Prince Charming. You could have rang me but I'm out of the country! This sucks for you girl...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamsterdanceX)
    Cut off all connection to him, it's not like you know him in real life; so you'll never see him again. Tell him 'You're dumped, you a lair' and that's it block him, his number, email, whatever really.

And also, why make a fake profile?
    why doesnt she know him in real life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manga)
    will i ever find anyone like him again?
    You better hope not. He sounds like an utter jerk.

Sorry, I understand it hurts but trust me, in the long run, you're better off without such a person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manga)
    i've been chatting to him like this for 3 hours now.. this is exhausting. he has no idea. he said he would be going to bed early to get up for work tomorrow. guess he spends his time doing this.

i'm crying so hard.. wil the tears eveer end? will i ever find anyone like him again?
    Why would you want to find someone like him again? He's on a dating site looking for other women when he's supposed to be in a relationship with you. You don't want to find someone else like him, because quite frankly you deserve better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manga)
    Just decided to check if his profile was active or not, as i found him on it once before.

Lo and behold here he is.

Lying SCUMBAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

I am chatting to him on it now. How far should i take it?

i am so so hurt and angry and upset. Just want to cry.
    Don't, just split up with him. Stop being a drama queen about it all and do the adult thing here - stop playing games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manga)

Ohhh and look what you've done, stayed up till half 2, getting yourself worried and sad. Get some sleep, grow out of your need to play games, and dump him. Not necessarily in that order.

Your questions: Yes, you will stop crying, but chatting to him over the internet is not helping.
    I sure hope you don't find anyone like him.

ReputationRep:
    You are gorgeous and you'll find easily find someone else I know that doesn't help much just now though, as obviously you still love him and everything's happened so fast!

But really, dragging out chatting to him will only make yourself feel increasingly worse. Like someone said before get a good sleep...then wake up tomorrow and it's time for him to face the music. Really sorry he wasn't the guy you thought, it's horrible finding out the person you love is a liar, believe me I know!

ReputationRep:
    Does he use TSR? You're not anon and you've got your picture up.

Anyway, everything that needs to be said has been said already. I suggest that you try and get some sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammythedodger)
    I love your sig... just in general, it's hilarious.
    Ooh baby, you're a charmer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EssRidge)
    Well, it sounds like your r/ship is already over, so you might as well have some fun...
    this this this!

(Original post by manga)

i haven't read the whole thread so I don't know all the details, but my best friend went through the same thing recently. She had been with her boyfriend for nearly 4 years when she found him on several different sites. I understand how you feel because she was also in tears and had no idea what to do; she didn't want to lose him, despite how much of an idiot he was.

After a few days she went to meet him and confronted him with proof of what he'd been up to. They 'talked' it through and are still together in a slightly improved relationship, mainly because he realised he didn't want to lose her. Hopefully when your boyfriend finds out you know everything he'll learn to appreciate you more. Otherwise, you deserve a lot better. Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.