Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paella)
    Depends on what type of rape, and in what circumstances. e.g. I'd be fine with the chap if it was statutory rape, and I'd be fine with him if he started shagging a girl and she suddenly decided she didn't want it, told him to stop, and he didn't (which is then classified as rape). I probably wouldn't be friends with someone who went out and raped someone they didn't know in a violent and disgusting way, though I'd be very lenient with 'rape within a relationship' etc.
    There is too much here that I don't agree with, your views are really skewed, sorry.

I would not even stay friends someone who attacked their partner, unprovoked, NO WAY would I stay friends with a rapist and I would ******* let them know it and know why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    I just. Don't. Have words.
    I'll help you out.

"WHAT THE **** ARE YOU ON? IF THE GIRL SAYS STOP, YOU ******* STOP! ARE YOU A MORON?? IF YOU DON'T STOP IT'S CALLED RAPE! GET THAT INTO YOUR THICK HEAD YOU IDIOT!"

Did that help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paella)
    Depends on what type of rape, and in what circumstances. e.g. I'd be fine with the chap if it was statutory rape, and I'd be fine with him if he started shagging a girl and she suddenly decided she didn't want it, told him to stop, and he didn't (which is then classified as rape). I probably wouldn't be friends with someone who went out and raped someone they didn't know in a violent and disgusting way, though I'd be very lenient with 'rape within a relationship' etc.
    Statutory rape yes, but in a relationship? I think that's crossing the line.

One of my mates had sex with a minor, but she stalked him and then basically led it all. If it was a situation like that when it genuinely isn't his fault, i don't mind.

This friend of mine can't say no to anything if it means even slightly hurting someone's feelings. He's kinda lucky he hasn't gotten himself into serious ****, that and its nigh impossible to not like him. He's too lovable xD

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldn't.

I will not get into the whole broken mess that surrounds this part of our law, but suffice to say it is troubling, like so many other areas of legislation.

ReputationRep:
    Most likely no. It depends on what kind of person they are, the circumstances and their reaction to what they did...etc
    Would think of them differently regardless though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duckandthat)
    im finding the position of a few posters on her a bit puzzeling. "when i have sex, i expect to finish, and if i am asked to stop half way through im going to carry on regardless because if i stop it won't feel good for me and it will be annoying- so this is why this type of rape is justified."

YOU UTTER IDIOTS.
    you can't cope with not finishing your sex session because it will be annoying for you, so you're willing to RAPE someone. selfish, ignorant,stupid, *******s.
    Well said some people are actually moronic and I cant even believe what Im reading really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan111)
    !?!?!?!?! What you confused about?

ReputationRep:
    No, I'd be pretty damn afraid of him for one thing and I wouldn't want to have any involvement in that sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    No I couldn't. I'd just feel really uncomfortable around them, and it just wouldn't be the same friendship anymore.

ReputationRep:
    If they had done their time, and were looking for redemption, i'd hope I could atleast be civil.

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I'd care if someone had raped somebody else, but I wouldn't stay friends with him. I wouldn't want to be associated with a scummy rapist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    But that's not rape.
    dont recall saying it was.

I said it depended on the situation. I would not stay friends with someone who i knew had intentionally and deliberatly raped someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)

I said it depended on the situation. I would not stay friends with someone who i knew had intentionally and deliberatly raped someone.
    Ok, just it seemed like since the question was about rape you were saying this could be considered rape. But obviously that would be a situation where someone is falsely accused of rape, which is of course completely different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)

You did imply it by bringing it up (as if it were relevant) in a thread called 'Would you stay friends with a rapist?'...

ReputationRep:
    If he showed remorse afterwards then Yes i would probably stay friends with him providing he's not a repeat offender and continues this. If he does offend again then i'd be sick to be friends with him.

But this is obviously worse for the females as they will always be wary of the person where guys wouldn't actually feel dangered with him, i mean by him doing this it proves he's not gay:dontknow:and your not going to get surprise butt-sex in the night while sharing a room.
    having said that, if your partner(female) feel threatened with him being your friend, i'll choose to cut-tie with him.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Not at all. Ever

ReputationRep:
    Most likely not, but it depends entirely on the person. Sometimes you have to forgive others for some of the things they do to you.

(Original post by pinkspiders)
    Nope. Not at all. Ever
    Hi =]

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question to every one who has posted so far.

If a girl lied about being raped, would you still be friends with her?

I'm just testing the consistency of the members on this board, nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    Would you stay friends with someone if you found out they had raped someone?

I don't mean speculation, I mean if they admitted it and everything.

This is purely out of idle curiosity.
    That depends on how you define rape.
    Its similar to asking: would you stay friends with someone if you found out he's Arab?

I say this because recently in Israel an Arab was charged with rape because , apparently, the girl he 'raped' was initially given the impression that he's Jewish.

Therefore, seeing this from the Jewish girl's POV, after sleeping with someone, if you find out he's of a different ethnicity, he becomes a rapist...if you're the girl would you continue your relationship with him, or if you were his friend, would you still be friends with him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oscarwildelike)
    I don't think that lack of empathy is dangerous, after all one doesn't hate soldiers for killing non militants in Iraq, and hold them personally accountable for murder. Nor does one give money to certain charities knowing to do so would directly save lives.

Lack of empathy is OK, we aren't all the same.

Lack of empathy combined with a destructive personality would be troubling.
    Even soldiers (and ex soldiers) can have great empathy, doesn't prevent killing though can lead to throwing up for a while afterwards.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.