If a girl lied about being raped, would you still be friends with her? Watch

lovely_me
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by loafer)
nope, that is not the conviction rate - that is called the attrition rate.

The attrition rate refers to the number of convictions secured compared with the number of that particular crime reported to the police (a crime that is ‘reported’ does not automatically imply that the crime actually took place). The conviction rate refers to the number of convictions secured against the number of persons brought to trial for that given offence i.e there may be some evidence to suggest that a rape may have taken place.
http://www.straightstatistics.org/si...te%20table.jpg
But there are still thousands of rape cases that are not reported. This implies even more rapists get away without punishment.
lovely_me
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by loafer)
that doesnt mean that you are allowed to manipulate the figures...

those rapists get away with it because the victims dont report it, that is not the fault of the justice system.
Correct.

My point is, is that there is so much hype about these 'false rape' claims yet it is so rare and seems to make men resentful women who do actually genuinely claim rape.
It is almost becoming comparable to actual rape which is insulting to rape victims and plain wrong.
Марк
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
You are truly disgusting, pronban
(Original post by lovely_me)
But what if there was a reason?
Like what? Some little princess got insulted? Boyfriend doesn't want to do the dishes? You are truly disgusting. There could never be any justification for such an evil and horrendous crime. Wrecking someones life for your own petty gains, any woman who does that is scum. And you would be able to be friends with them? Probably means your as bad as they are.

"a reason"? you can't seriously mean that? The harm of publicly identifying falsely accused men is unconscionable, because rape is loathsome and because, once a rape claim is alleged, unlike other allegations of criminality, it is nearly impossible to disprove. Get it? Yes, but it doesn't matter to you, does it?

And rape charges have one of the lowest conviction rates just to let you know. So as for many women calling wolf there's far more 93.5% women who live with the horror of being raped yet with the knowledge the criminal gets off scot free.
Even then the 6.5% who are convicted just usually end up with so called 'slap on the wrist sentences' - 3 months in jail, perhaps community service.
And here the ultimate fallacy appears again. Feminists deliberately and wrongly define the conviction rate as convictions to cases where rape has been reported when this includes many charges that are blatently false or very dubious, the official conviction rate is defined as the ratio of convictions to times when it's actually taken to court.

Also, whilst rape is very difficult to prove so lots of rape cases may go unresolved, it's impossible for an innocent man to defend himself. Lack of evidence can't be taken as a sign that it probably or definitely happened as you so blatently beleive.

And rapists are given sentences of 6 years last time I checked. Girls who cry rape are let off completely scott free in the vast majority of circumstances.

Being accused of rape in no away amounts to the actual emotional, metal and bodily harm of actual rape.
Many men have been driven to suicide because of false rape accusations that should give you an idea of the psychological damage it can do to someone. Rape victims have the support of the community whilst people falsely accused of rape are disowned by their family and shunned, treated like monsters. I saw in another thread that you claimed that accused rapists don't face severe harrasment in prison, but they do and I'd rather trust the people who have actually been in that situation than your unfounded opinion. Rape is terrible but it isn't the be all and end all worse thing that can happen to someone, spending time in prison knowing everyone thinks your the scum of the earth and being violently harrased everyday can be just as bad and much worse than rape.

To you an innocent man getting is life destroyed before his very eyes whilst he can do nothing to stop is it isn't very serious or damaging? You think there's a justification for such evil. I think I'm going to be sick.

As Laura said 'The reason so few genuine rapes are reported, and fewer still end in convictions, is because people still buy into the lie that women will cry rape willy-nilly.'
No one can assert the prevalence of false rape claims with specificity, because a false rape claim is impossible to disprove except in exceptional cirumstances. The only times false rape claims are recorded are when the woman eventually admits she lied (which I'm going to take as being very exceptional, I don't see why someone would admit to it and face the possibility of a (lax) punishment) or if there is evidence to prove he didn't rape her (which is virtually impossible to provide). Most rape claims go unresolved, and it is wrong and misandrist to suggest that this is clearly because they were guilty and rape is harrd to prove, I could say that they are clearly innocent and that the only reason they aren't formally declared such is because innocence is impossible to disprove. If there weren't women who clearly are prepared to cry rape willy nilly (notice how many girls in this thread say they no girls who have done it) then people would be more inclined to beleive real rape victims wouldn't they? Thus false rape accusers should be punished, not only because they are evil, but because it would discourage women who are thinking about doing the same and so real victims would be taken more seriously. People would be less suspicious of rape victims if they knew that false rape claims were being punished and thus there would be, in theory, less women who make false rape claims. I think rape is wrong so rapists should be heavily punished and so should women arouse suspicion by falsely alledging rape. The two go hand in hand.
andreastp
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
Ok, so it's obviously based off the thread from earlier it didn't get many responses so I've decided to make it into a thread of it's own.

So, would you?

EDIT: I'm talking about a female lying about being raped.
no. You never know when she would turn on you:woo:
Cupcakee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't know, that's such a big lie to tell...
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
At secondary school, I had a friend who lied (though not to me: I only found out about a year after it happened) about being raped by her cousin. She lied to me about her dad dying from lung cancer and one of her best friends, who sat next to me in orchestra, told me about her previous lie to explain to me why I shouldn't believe the latest drama that was happening in her life. I didn't want to believe that someone could make up such lies but it made more sense than her stories had.

I never confronted the girl in question about her lies or even mentioned that this girl had spoken to me about her. She was in a lot of my GCSE classes and we got on pretty well, but we never hung out much outside school and she certainly wasn't anything more than a good friend at the time. It was clear that, for whatever reason, she was a pathological liar but rather than making me hate her, it made me feel sorry for her. Clearly she was troubled but equally I guessed that there was little I could do to help. So I just kept quiet about it all. Though I continued talking to her, I was very careful not to believe anything she said easily.

Like I said, I never said anything to her about it but she somehow seemed to know that I knew. After her best friend spoke to me, there was never any mention of a dying father ever again. (A good five-six years on, he's still living and as jovial as ever.)
EskimoJo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I couldn't be bothered to look for OP's clarification, but if she got raped and pretended she didn't, then yes. If she didn't get raped and told me she did, then maybe. If she didn't get raped and accused someone of raping her, then no.
EskimoJo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
At secondary school, I had a friend who lied (though not to me: I only found out about a year after it happened) about being raped by her cousin. She lied to me about her dad dying from lung cancer and one of her best friends, who sat next to me in orchestra, told me about her previous lie to explain to me why I shouldn't believe the latest drama that was happening in her life. I didn't want to believe that someone could make up such lies but it made more sense than her stories had.

I never confronted the girl in question about her lies or even mentioned that this girl had spoken to me about her. She was in a lot of my GCSE classes and we got on pretty well, but we never hung out much outside school and she certainly wasn't anything more than a good friend at the time. It was clear that, for whatever reason, she was a pathological liar but rather than making me hate her, it made me feel sorry for her. Clearly she was troubled but equally I guessed that there was little I could do to help. So I just kept quiet about it all. Though I continued talking to her, I was very careful not to believe anything she said easily.

Like I said, I never said anything to her about it but she somehow seemed to know that I knew. After her best friend spoke to me, there was never any mention of a dying father ever again. (A good five-six years on, he's still living and as jovial as ever.)
Hmmm, you didn't go to a certain school in South East London did you? :holmes:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by EskimoJo)
Hmmm, you didn't go to a certain school in South East London did you? http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ies/holmes.gif
:nah:

West London! :bhangra:
GottaLovePhysics! :)
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hell no, it may be me next.
EskimoJo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ah! Different girl, same sad problem then!
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by EskimoJo)
Ah! Different girl, same sad problem then!
Bad times. So many ******-up people in the world...
lovely_me
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Марк)
You are truly disgusting, pronban

Like what? Some little princess got insulted? Boyfriend doesn't want to do the dishes? You are truly disgusting. There could never be any justification for such an evil and horrendous crime. Wrecking someones life for your own petty gains, any woman who does that is scum. And you would be able to be friends with them? Probably means your as bad as they are.

And here the ultimate fallacy appears again. Feminists deliberately and wrongly define the conviction rate as convictions to cases where rape has been reported when this includes many charges that are blatently false or very dubious, the official conviction rate is defined as the ratio of convictions to times when it's actually taken to court.

Also, whilst rape is very difficult to prove so lots of rape cases may go unresolved, it's impossible for an innocent man to defend himself. Lack of evidence can't be taken as a sign that it probably or definitely happened as you so blatently beleive.

And rapists are given sentences of 6 years last time I checked. Girls who cry rape are let off completely scott free in the vast majority of circumstances.

Many men have been driven to suicide because of false rape accusations that should give you an idea of the psychological damage it can do to someone. Rape victims have the support of the community whilst people falsely accused of rape are disowned by their family and shunned, treated like monsters. I saw in another thread that you claimed that accused rapists don't face severe harrasment in prison, but they do and I'd rather trust the people who have actually been in that situation than your unfounded opinion. Rape is terrible but it isn't the be all and end all worse thing that can happen to someone, spending time in prison knowing everyone thinks your the scum of the earth and being violently harrased everyday can be just as bad and much worse than rape.

To you an innocent man getting is life destroyed before his very eyes whilst he can do nothing to stop is it isn't very serious or damaging? You think there's a justification for such evil. I think I'm going to be sick.

TL;DR

Justification = lol worthy? :awesome:
Марк
Report 8 years ago
TL;DR

Justification = lol worthy? :awesome:
Ahhh..:o:

You were probably just trying to get me angry from the start by being deliberately stupid and cold hearted. Well, it worked.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (282)
80.57%
Leave (68)
19.43%

Watched Threads