The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm probably a tad too thin but it only really bothers me when I need new jeans :p:
Reply 101
I think (and know) I'm just right.
However I know I'm fairly unhealthy.
I am a 10, sometimes an 8.
I wouldn't mind a flat stomach but i dont think the cutting out certain foods and exercise is worth it.

I went to the caribbean and lots a pile of weight cause it was healthy food. I went back to normal everywhere but my bum which annoys me cause now my jeans fall down more.
I liked my big bum.

I have more issues with my face than my body.
Reply 103

I'm size 10/12 but I am FAT because I'm only 5ft. Need to go on a diet and do some exercise this summer :frown:
I'm size 12 but ever since I went on the Pill I've put on tons of weight. I wouldn't say I'm FAT, but I'm certainly uncomfortable with my body. Whatever I do it stays the same so I'm at a loss really.
I put I'm a bit fat.. I'm a healthy weight for my height etc, but i hate my stomach flab - if i slouch even a wee bit while wearing anything that's fitted in the abdominal area i look like a fat pie.

Unfortunately, I hate exercise and I love food.
So something's gonna have to give :frown:
I'm just really lazy, but I'm going to make myself get into a routine of healthy eating/sleep patterns/bit more exercise once school goes back.

Also, I've heard losing weight can make your boobs shrink, which would be a bonus for me, cos then my school shirt buttons won't keep popping open at inappropriate times :P
That poll worries me slightly...
I'm a size 6, but I have a small frame so it's okay (: I love the way I look.
Wouldn't mind gaining some weight so clothes are easier to find though...
Hmm.. I said I'm a bit fat. I'm generally a size 10 on top and 12 on bottom which I'm okay with as I quite like my shape, but I think I weigh too much for my height, if that makes sense.
I posted in a thread ages ago saying my dress size and my weight but as anon and people were immediately on my case about me being in denial, lol. Tbh, most people don't believe I weigh as much as I do but I'm sorting it out x.x;
Reply 109
Size 8/10 but I'm pathetically toneless (skinny-fat). Got lots of fat so choose the 'I'm a bit fat' option. 5'1 too so should be thinner tbh and feel like such a whale next to my taller, more toned friends :s-smilie:.
Whenever I see these posts on here, men always try to make it sound like we put the pressure on ourselves or the pressure comes from media/other women. This is partly true but I see so many posts on here from men putting people down and saying stuff like anything bigger than size 8 is fat, cellulite/stretch marks are gross, you really need to tone up your thighs etc. THIS is where a lot of the pressure comes from.
Reply 111
Yes, I would consider myself as someone who is carrying around tooo much body fat at the moment.
The thing is I look in the mirror and see flab everywhere. I'm 5'7'' with a 23 inch waist. That alone tells me I can't be fat, but one day I think I'd look a lot better if I lost a stone and the next I think I'm a good weight :facepalm:

I hate being female.
Loz17
That poll worries me slightly...

I agree with you. Loads of people seem to have a warped view of what fat is :erm:
charlotte-rose
The thing is I look in the mirror and see flab everywhere. I'm 5'7'' with a 23 inch waist. That alone tells me I can't be fat, but one day I think I'd look a lot better if I lost a stone and the next I think I'm a good weight :facepalm:

I hate being female.

Try weightlifting, or at least some kind of exercise if you don't already. Even skinny people look flabby if there's not a decent amount of muscle underneath the fat.
Alexandra289
Whenever I see these posts on here, men always try to make it sound like we put the pressure on ourselves or the pressure comes from media/other women. This is partly true but I see so many posts on here from men putting people down and saying stuff like anything bigger than size 8 is fat, cellulite/stretch marks are gross, you really need to tone up your thighs etc. THIS is where a lot of the pressure comes from.

Partly true. Although you could say that men were influenced by media. Incidently, I've never seen real life men being as vocal as internet men about fat. But thats what one would expect from internet.
I Love Dog
Try weightlifting, or at least some kind of exercise if you don't already. Even skinny people look flabby if there's not a decent amount of muscle underneath the fat.

I'm also a surfer, my stomach is muscle with a very very small layer of fat on top. My arms are also fine :s-smilie: where did you get that from?
Reply 117
charlotte-rose

I hate being female.

Skinny fat? EDIT, just saw your post above.
charlotte-rose
I'm also a surfer, my stomach is muscle with a very very small layer of fat on top. My arms are also fine :s-smilie: where did you get that from?

Just a presumption. If you have abs and little abdominal fat, I don't know how you manage to look "flabby". Genetics I guess :confused:
I Love Dog
Just a presumption. If you have abs and little abdominal fat, I don't know how you manage to look "flabby". Genetics I guess :confused:

:facepalm: that's my point. Some days I think I do (I pinch at skin and convince myself it's fat), and other days - like today - I realise I don't look bad at all. Can guarentee tomorrow morning I'll wake up and see a whale in the mirror.

Latest