Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sickboy)
    IMO the perfect combination of subjects is Mathematics, Further Maths (shows you are clever) and definitely History. History is a hard subject which improves your understanding about the world, politics, improves argumentation and evaluation as well as your writing skills. I think that having A grades at these subjects would put your application in the strongest positions at most of the courses. Anyone disagree?
    well i agree with maths for sure. however if you are taking 3 a-levels, then you should not take further maths, maybe take F.M at AS Level. This is because it doesn't show a variety of subjects. If you are taking 4 a-levels then further maths is perfect. Also History is a good subject( recommended subject) however i feel Economics is slightly better and more challenging and more related to Finance. Economics also requires evaluation, improves arguments and writing skills and is related to the current global issues of today in the world of Finance.

ReputationRep:
    maths, further maths, eco and one other subject.... the last subject can be one from the black listed subjects.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solo443)
    maths, further maths, eco and one other subject.... the last subject can be one from the black listed subjects.....
    Really? I agree that maths and econ are a definite yes, but the way I see it, there's really no point choosing a "black-listed" subject unless it's your fourth option and you're genuinely interested in it or something. I think it would make much more sense to choose something else that's essay-based, like psychology? I don't know haha, but what I do know is that taking say business studies up for a third option wouldn't be such a great idea, especially if you've already chosen Economics (I've heard LSE tends to favour those who have a diverse-ish range of A-levels, but again, I could be wrong). ^^

ReputationRep:
    it could be accouting, or law.... but certainlt not business studies...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 108)
    well i agree with maths for sure. however if you are taking 3 a-levels, then you should not take further maths, maybe take F.M at AS Level. This is because it doesn't show a variety of subjects. If you are taking 4 a-levels then further maths is perfect. Also History is a good subject( recommended subject) however i feel Economics is slightly better and more challenging and more related to Finance. Economics also requires evaluation, improves arguments and writing skills and is related to the current global issues of today in the world of Finance.
    You are probably right, Economics is more related to finance (but do they actually want that? You will learn that anyway in during their course) and teaches you basically the same skills, however I don't think it is as tough as History.
    I myself did 4 A-levels, but I regret I didn't take History though.

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody hear from LSE on monday for this course? I saw one rejection only on the main LSE applicants thread. Also who thinks this friday is gonna be an offer day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 108)
    Did anybody hear from LSE on monday for this course? I saw one rejection only on the main LSE applicants thread. Also who thinks this friday is gonna be an offer day?
    I just got a rejection from lse yesterday. And it's from Management related courses.

ReputationRep:
    I did maths and biology, now geography and economics and general studies and further maths AS.

ReputationRep:
    Any offers for Accounting & Finance today?

ReputationRep:
    Nope no news yetttt.... ^^"

ReputationRep:
    -.-" what're our chances now??

still waiting... c'mon lse

ReputationRep:
    ^^im with you

ReputationRep:
    It's almost like they've gone on holiday or something :\

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully just crossing the t's for our offer letters.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh. Just got a rejection earlier today, 12:12pm to be exact haha. Gonna e-mail them and ask to see why they rejected me... but good luck to everyone still waiting to hear from them

ReputationRep:
    ^^exactly the same

ReputationRep:
    ^^but i don't think ima bother emailing them to ask =)

ReputationRep:
    oh god this will be me next year...:bricks:
    GOOOODD LUCKKK GUYSS :goodluck:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I am currently in my first year at LSE reading accounting and finance.

I would just like to say that LSE will not reject you if you have taken all science based subjects. I am living proof having taken Maths, Physics and Chemistry at A level. I received my offer in March so some of you may be waiting a long time!
    Remember there are about 17 applicants for every place so you need to have something unique about you to get noticed. LSE have more applicants per place than Oxbridge do.

Congratulations to everybody who as received an offer and good luck for your exams in the summer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellies31)
    Hey guys,

I am currently in my first year at LSE reading accounting and finance.

I would just like to say that LSE will not reject you if you have taken all science based subjects. I am living proof having taken Maths, Physics and Chemistry at A level. I received my offer in March so some of you may be waiting a long time!
    Remember there are about 17 applicants for every place so you need to have something unique about you to get noticed. LSE have more applicants per place than Oxbridge do.

Congratulations to everybody who as received an offer and good luck for your exams in the summer!
    thanks for the info! what were your predicted grades and other results to get into the course at LSE? and when in march did u hear from them. Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.