Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banana_Llama)
    Top Trumps is on the cards
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    My spelling got worse when I went to college and no longer got told off if my writing wasnt perfect. Autocorrect on word processing doesnt help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pheegee)
    My spelling got worse when I went to college and no longer got told off if my writing wasnt perfect. Autocorrect on word processing doesnt help.
    My downfall. That red squiggly line has screwed me (and my spelling) over. At middle school I was known as the 'spelling machine'

ReputationRep:
    ...I hope I get an offer, I'll feel like a right **** if I got a rejection now

Definitely trying to get on an open day here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Contrad!ction.)
    ...I hope I get an offer, I'll feel like a right **** if I got a rejection now

Definitely trying to get on an open day here.
    Well, with your predicted grades and a good personal statement, I don't see why you wouldn't get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Well, with your predicted grades and a good personal statement, I don't see why you wouldn't get an offer.
    The personal statement?

I hate writing about myself. Most people have issues getting it down to the limits; I'm nowhere near them. I'm really struggling to explain why I love maths: I JUST DO! :sad:

ReputationRep:
    The personal statement?

I hate writing about myself. Most people have issues getting it down to the limits; I'm nowhere near them. I'm really struggling to explain why I love maths: I JUST DO! :sad:
    Haha - I had the same problem. ;P

ReputationRep:
    My personal statement was awesome, my college kept it as an example haha.

ReputationRep:
    Haha - I had the same problem. ;P
    Eventually I guess I'll just blather on about logic and beauty and hope that works. It reeks of pretentiousness

ReputationRep:
    My personal statement was awesome, my college kept it as an example haha.

Write mine?

ReputationRep:
    Im redrafting someone else's at the moment, its a maths one and its odd because... well i could never see what he clearly sees in it. If you did want it looked over I'd be happy to help if you PMed me, but its hard without knowing the person who its for.

ReputationRep:
    Im redrafting someone else's at the moment, its a maths one and its odd because... well i could never see what he clearly sees in it. If you did want it looked over I'd be happy to help if you PMed me, but its hard without knowing the person who its for.
    Was joking

I reckon we'll be going over ours when we get back to 6th form anyway

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah I forgot you said you were AS, I thought you were just taking a year out or something then haha

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah I forgot you said you were AS, I thought you were just taking a year out or something then haha
    Nope, just a little AS-er

I'm gonna miss my school. By the time I leave that'll be a third of my life spent there :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Nope, just a little AS-er

I'm gonna miss my school. By the time I leave that'll be a third of my life spent there :eek:
    That's what threw me when I went in on results day (you will never know so much nervousness and butterflies in your life!) - I was leaving the place where I had spent 7 years of my life, and where all the amazing teachers are. Mind you, they're making me pop back at some point to see them, and I'd love to come back as a Uni student to share my experiences, so I don't think there will be any escape!

ReputationRep:
    The personal statement?

Don't even know why i'm in this thread, but will tell you for free that my admissions tutor for Exeter didn't look at any personal statements at all. On that basis, I really wouldn't worry

ReputationRep:
    That's what threw me when I went in on results day (you will never know so much nervousness and butterflies in your life!) - I was leaving the place where I had spent 7 years of my life, and where all the amazing teachers are. Mind you, they're making me pop back at some point to see them, and I'd love to come back as a Uni student to share my experiences, so I don't think there will be any escape!
    I'm definitely going to attempt to see them. There are 2 teachers in particular that I'll miss, they'd better not leave Is there any school term time that isn't part of uni term apart from the first few days at the beginning?

I can imagine their expressions now 'oh God, not that annoying woman again'

edit: eww, that 3rd sentence is badly worded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiparanoid)
    Don't even know why i'm in this thread, but will tell you for free that my admissions tutor for Exeter didn't look at any personal statements at all. On that basis, I really wouldn't worry
    I think I'm still going to write one though

'Where's your PS?' '...YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO WANT THEM! :cry:'

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely going to attempt to see them. There are 2 teachers in particular that I'll miss, they'd better not leave Is there any school term time that isn't part of uni term apart from the first few days at the beginning?

I can imagine their expressions now 'oh God, not that annoying woman again'

edit: eww, that 3rd sentence is badly worded
    Well, in my experience of my brother going to uni, it seems we get about a month off at the term breaks rather than have a half term holiday, so hopefully that means there will be time to pop in when we get back/are about to go again.

ReputationRep:
    Well, in my experience of my brother going to uni, it seems we get about a month off at the term breaks rather than have a half term holiday, so hopefully that means there will be time to pop in when we get back/are about to go again.
    Ah awesome

I've got a week until 6th form restarts - when do you have to get to uni?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.