Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

women, what would be the age you would expect to have first and last kids, ideally ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    26 - 30

No long ting:blush:

ReputationRep:
    Married around 25 - doubt it as ill just be out of uni
    1st kid around 27
    last around 35

Not going to happen tho as im currently 20 and have a few years left at uni

ReputationRep:
    I grew up with almost no money and it really wasn't any fun. I'd like to have kids when I can afford to give them a good life and stop when I've had my two

ReputationRep:
    Im hoping 25 for first and 30ish for second =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple_starlight)
    i have no idea tbh.......
    late 20's early 30's

i'd like to be a relatively young mum ....yet i want to have a lot of life and travelling experience beforehand so I have lots of stories to tell.
    All of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    A lot of women are saying that, but why is career so important? (just wondered cos I work to live not vice versa)
    Would you be ready to stay home and quit your job? Then when the kids get older you have to get back to "real life" and you haven't had a job for many years. If you have a job that changes a bit year after year (new information etc.), other candidates are more qualified than you because most of them have just graduated from uni. And it may lead to jobs where you get very low salary or you may not get any job. And how about your retirement pension? If the guy/woman leaves you, what will you have then? And some people get a lot more from their job than they would get from kids (having kids is really hard work).

My answer is never. I don't like kids. But if I would, maybe I would be over 30 yrs old. 34-37 yrs old maybe? And the reason is my future career.

ReputationRep:
    For me anything from 26-36 ish...depends when/if i marry etc really.

ReputationRep:
    When I have a baby daddy, money and a house. Or at least a decent flat, I've lived in a 2 bed flat my whole life and it hasn't done me any harm. I don't expect to be loaded but I want to be secure so hopefully 27-30ish.

My mum had me when she was 39 [first and only], my aunty had my cousin when she was 42 and they both say that leaving it that late is stupid. To be fair, I was born in 1992 and my mum was then considered ancient to be having a baby but it's more acceptable now.

ReputationRep:
    I want to adopt my first child so around 28ish, I would think. Then if I choose to have any more kids, I'd want to be done by about 34/35.

ReputationRep:
    1st - 30
    Last - 30
    That's if I stop being selfish/disliking children by 30.

ReputationRep:
    Ideally :
    First- 23-24
    Last- 32-33

I doubt it though :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Between 30 and 35, with 1 year between each kid so they are at a similar age. If I want kids that is, but I'll have to wait another 10 years to see.

ReputationRep:
    First one at about 32-4, second (and I think last) at 34-6 and if I did have a third 36-8 I guess! My Mum was 45 when she had me though, so I'm used to the idea of older parents.

ReputationRep:
    First kid when I'm around 26; and last kid when I'm around 32
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Well I had my first at 21, my second at 23, and my third at 25. That's enough, I'm done.

ReputationRep:
    Ideally before I'm 30.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    Well I had my first at 21, my second at 23, and my third at 25. That's enough, I'm done.
    Out of interest what do you do for contraception? See I was thinking maybe my partner and I might not meet and get together and have them until she's into her 30's, and then just produce a flurry very often with constant shagging. Like, say 4 between 34 and 38, and then just be able to shag afterwards with no contraception as she won't be fertile enoug to concieve. It seems weird that womens fertility has no direct cut off point and that you have to deal with worse life chances, less healthy babies etc. It also seems weird that you have to have sex with your life partner with a condom, but I suppose you can do oral sex and other stuff too, you just have to be inventive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prescilla)
    Would you be ready to stay home and quit your job? Then when the kids get older you have to get back to "real life" and you haven't had a job for many years. If you have a job that changes a bit year after year (new information etc.), other candidates are more qualified than you because most of them have just graduated from uni. And it may lead to jobs where you get very low salary or you may not get any job. And how about your retirement pension? If the guy/woman leaves you, what will you have then? And some people get a lot more from their job than they would get from kids (having kids is really hard work).

My answer is never. I don't like kids. But if I would, maybe I would be over 30 yrs old. 34-37 yrs old maybe? And the reason is my future career.
    But they don't have to leave you. Some couples make it work. Anyhow, having kids is hard work but it's more worthwhile and beautiful than some psuedo-important career in a world when power elites are attempting to own your soul anyhow.

ReputationRep:
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    I'd ideally like my first child from 26+

That's 4 years away and I'm single so no idea if that'll happen or not, especially as I'd like to be married first. Last child, I'd say 35 or so.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.