Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As long as they do it they yell

FALCON PUNCH!!!!!!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonged.)
    The police threw him to the ground, resulting in his death from heart problems. That would be manslaughter in a court.

What ignorant claims? About the copper beating up a woman?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...:0&tx=64&ty=55

Btw, it's you're. If you're going to be condescending and rude at least spell your venom correctly. Sheesh.
    How is that beating up a women? They show a picture of the cop apparently raising a club then switch to another of her being hit. The backgrounds are very different in the second picture and something is defiantly missing. As well as that she was provoking police swearing at them ect the women was trying to provoke like a number of students did at the protests to.

You link me to an article of about people complaining? So? The student protesters were *****ing about tear gas being used against them despite the fact that the smoke that was seen was from their own stupid flares not tear gas. . Just complaints mean nothing. Show me an article showing how many of these complaints lead to any form of action after being investigated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Because some coppers are just legalised thugs. Most are not, but a small minority are. As I said before, anyone who has been to a football match which has been policed will have probably seen coppers going OTT. As much as I dislike Swansea, one of their fans was killed by a police horse a few years ago. Plus, look at the G20 protest last year. I think the IPCC actually suggested that copper should have been tried for manslaughter.
    that is what i said, 'most police won't just punch you in the face'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    How is that beating up a women? They show a picture of the cop apparently raising a club then switch to another of her being hit. The backgrounds are very different in the second picture and something is defiantly missing.

You link me to an article of about people complaining? So? The student protesters were *****ing about tear gas being used against them despite the fact that the smoke that was seen was from their own stupid flares not tear gas. . Just complaints mean nothing. Show me an article showing how many of these complaints lead to any form of action after being investigated.
    A woman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNDLSCaSNSo

Skip to 33.

That's the point. Nothing happens. There's been 400 people killed by police in the last ten years and not one cop has been convicted.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    A woman.

Skip to 33.

That's the point. Nothing happens. There's been 400 people killed by police in the last ten years and not one cop has been convicted.

Ok so a women gets pushed back by the cop and reacts by walking up to him and swearing and shouting abuse at him, he then responds by hitting her on the leg. Hardly a case of a cop "beating a women"

Ok 400 across 10 years in a population of 60 million is not a lot at all. You take that to mean the police murdered those people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toofaforu)
    if this is meant to be some jokey attack on me? yes i am. i acknowledged clearly (i mean you can even look back in my posts if you really want) that i knew i'd get rejected. i'm going to be applying next year anyway, and i quote the admissions tutor "deferred applications are much less likely to be accepted." and bovd bout higher fees.

p.s. u an etonian? looks like it in your pic

this has never happened to me, but from what i've heard, the police are balls at solving any of this anyway.
    I wonder if you would be able to say the same if there were no police officers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Ok so a women gets pushed back by the cop and reacts by walking up to him and swearing and shouting abuse at him, he then responds by hitting her on the leg. Hardly a case of a cop "beating a women"

Ok 400 across 10 years in a population of 60 million is not a lot at all. You take that to mean the police murdered those people?
    Did he really need to attack her with a metal baton? He's a 6 foot hulking thug and she's about 5 foot! He wasn't exactly in danger lol.

Of course not. Not all of them. I'm sure at least one in 400.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Did he really need to attack her with a metal baton? He's a 6 foot hulking thug and she's about 5 foot! He wasn't exactly in danger lol.

Of course not. Not all of them. I'm sure at least one in 400.

Attack her? He tapped her on the legs. He had already tried pushing her back and she went back over looking for more.

400 across 10 years? Tbh it would not be implausible to suggest they were all suicides.

There are a large number of other things that could have killed those 400 people other than police brutality. Every time someone dies when the police are involved it goes straight to the IPCC, and you honestly think this is some giant conspiracy to allow the police to murder who they like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Attack her? He tapped her on the legs. He had already tried pushing her back and she went back over looking for more.

400 across 10 years? Tbh it would not be implausible to suggest they were all suicides.

There are a large number of other things that could have killed those 400 people other than police brutality. Every time someone dies when the police are involved it goes straight to the IPCC, and you honestly think this is some giant conspiracy to allow the police to murder who they like
    He violently shoves her, she complains, he attacks her with a metal baton.

Nope I'm not one for conspiracy. Which is why it's obvious that not all of those deaths were suicides. Some had to be the cops fault.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

Nope I'm not one for conspiracy. Which is why it's obvious that not all of those deaths were suicides. Some had to be the cops fault.

She walked up to him, right up to him and he pushes her back. She did not complain she walked up to him and started swearing and being abusive. He did not attack her, he clipped her on the leg with a baton.

Look don't bother replying to this because its clear your well and truly an idiot who is just looking for any reason to attack the police/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    She walked up to him, right up to him and he pushes her back. She did not complain she walked up to him and started swearing and being abusive. He did not attack her, he clipped her on the leg with a baton.

Look don't bother replying to this because its clear your well and truly an idiot who is just looking for any reason to attack the police/
    You're.

We already had this lesson earlier remember.

ReputationRep:

You realize that the police deal with a disproportiante amount of ill, sick, drunk, drug using and unhealthy people right? Sometimes those people die. A lot of people die in hospitols - shall we call them murderers as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scorpion95)
    yeah they are police they allowed to do what they want, they are corrupt anyway
    Hmm, yeah, becuase every single police officer is corrupt.
    Just like everyone who protests is a hippy, pot smoking, dred wearing good for nothing.

You sir/madam, are ****ing retarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obins)
    You realize that the police deal with a disproportiante amount of ill, sick, drunk, drug using and unhealthy people right? Sometimes those people die. A lot of people die in hospitols - shall we call them murderers as well?
    Of course. I also see how they attack peaceful protesters, kettle them, get them riled and then mow them down. Tomlinson for example. An unprovoked assault. If these tactics are official procedure, why would they have any restraint when they're not being filmed.

Obviously not all cops are murderers, not all of the 400 were killed by cops, but some were.

ReputationRep:
    A woman.

Skip to 33.

More people have been killed by spoons in the last 10 years.

They do a bloody hard job during protests, where there will always be some ****er looking for trouble.
    Tell you what, for the next 10 years lets not have any policing at protests/riots/football matches.
    Then look at how many 1000's of people will be beaten to death by idiots.

ReputationRep:
    Of course. I also see how they attack peaceful protesters, kettle them, get them riled and then mow them down. Tomlinson for example. An unprovoked assault. If these tactics are official procedure, why would they have any restraint when they're not being filmed.

Obviously not all cops are murderers, not all of the 400 were killed by cops, but some were.
    And I've seen protesters wrecking buildings, vehicles and throwing 30kg weights off 10 story buildings at Police officers standing around having bricks and wood thrown at them.

Obviously not all students are anarchist criminals but some are.

ReputationRep:
    Go to a demo what do you expect!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obins)
    And I've seen protesters wrecking buildings, vehicles and throwing 30kg weights off 10 story buildings at Police officers standing around having bricks and wood thrown at them.

Obviously not all students are anarchist criminals but some are.
    Students aren't paid to ensure the well-being of the public. Cops are. So they shouldn't attack them.

ReputationRep:
    To those defending the police actions.
    What about the protestor who was run over by a cop van / car yesterday.
    What about Ian Tomlinson whos death was caused by police actions.
    What about the Swansea fan who was kileld by a police horse.
    What about the Cardiff fan who I saw being violent barged into a metal fence after the Cardiff V QPR game after being bumped into the copper by someone else (and his friend who was tripped up by another copper when he went to see if his mate was ok).

I'm not saying all police officers are thugs. But to deny that some are is just being naive.

ReputationRep:
    Yes if they can prove it was needed!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.