Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So there's this girl in one of my seminar groups that I really like. We get on really well and have the same warped sense of humour. However, she is quite a strict muslim, or at least appears so. She always wears hijab, tuts at girls wearing skirts and me wearing shorts once (wtf?) and lectures me on how my lifestyle is leading me "down the wrong path" yadayada. Besides this one aspect of her personality (religion) I find her kind and charming. I'm starting to develop a crush on her.

Could any muslims give me a perspective on whether we could be in a relationship, what her male family members reactions would be etc.
    Her family will kill you , hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.)
    Do you live in the North West and a town begining with B?
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    I'd stay away if I were you mate, not saying all muslims are the same, but strict ones can sometimes be partial to a bit of this stuff...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honour_killing#Middle_East

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamesh)
    Quite. :sigh:

Of course, I understand the point to reaffirm that a Muslim female cannot have a relationship with a Non-Muslim, but what I do not understand is how others have said this without resorting to saying ''all white girls are sluts'' and other racist false references.
    I'm glad someone has the decency to speak up against cretins like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mushy786)
    Dont generalise you dont know that. i have plenty of non-muslim friends who are lovely, and may muslim ones who aint.
    quite a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4ttari)
    You know what murtad means and whats the islamic law for it?

IF you don't than surely you know what this means?

Haraamkhor painchod!
    dont hate the player hate the game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR7-WR10)
    Yeah, all they do is drink, drink and drink. Have one-night stands etc. Have accident babies at 17 or younger, who have absent fathers, kid is out of control, becomes a drug addict/alcoholic, has his/her own babies who end up in the same situatuion. Its a vicous circle. If they followed Islam, instead of chatting absolute bull about it then the world would be a much better place.
    HOw can you blame them? It's called 'freedom' ROFL.......

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't bother, their culture is far too strict to get involved in.. family honour and older brothers and what not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    Yes to both questions. It isn't a case of fair/unfair because religion, like surnames or nationality is passed down from the father's side. Just like in Judaism where the matrilineal side accounts for determining the child's identity, Islam places importance on the father's background. The only way around that is to convert to Islam but I doubt anyone would do that for a random bird on their course. I was just joking about the life insurance stuff though.

But it would help if you wrote your will just in case.
    I'm pretty sure a muslim man can marry a christian or jewish woman? (I learnt that in R.E. )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Some random guy)
    If you hate non muslims so much and wish to seperate yourself from them then GTFO of the country and go back to Pakistan where there are plenty of likeminded lunatics such as yourself.
    I am happy to go back to Pakistan but not until YOU pull out all your drones, agents, political interference etc etc.

Most importantly NO INTERFERENCE in what Pakistan does with it's nuclear arsenal in ANYWAY, whether its shares it with non-government entities or sells the nuclear info to non-government entities.

That obviously will never happen hence i obviously will never move.

You can't have it both ways!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    I'm pretty sure a muslim man can marry a christian or jewish woman? (I learnt that in R.E. )
    i dont think it works the other way around though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    If you tried to get with her, her family would probably pour acid over you. I wish I was joking but this happens all the time even in the UK. She will probably marry some guy from Pakistan that her parents arranged for her, so I wouldn't chase her bro. Find a nice white girl and protect the most perfect race from extinction (assuming you're white).
    I'm as white as white gets (apart from albino's) and that was just offensive.

Take your racism else where.
    GTFO.

ReputationRep:
    Sugar-coating BS like 'ohh you can still be freinds' and not date him or 'you really have to become a muslim to have a relationship'.

-In Islam you can't be freinds with a non-muslim and being freinds with a non-muslim opposite sex is alot worse.

-A muslim can only marry a muslim.
    Wrong and wrong my friend.

A muslim woman has to marry a muslim man. However a muslim man can marry a jewish or christian woman (I'm not muslim, I just learnt that in RE)

And the thing about muslims only being friends with other muslims is quite frankly, bull****. Where do you get your information from.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. You're such a conscientious student. What is your secret? :daydreaming:

--EDIT: Don't pay any notice to 4ttari. The little **** wants attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    If you tried to get with her, her family would probably pour acid over you. I wish I was joking but this happens all the time even in the UK. She will probably marry some guy from Pakistan that her parents arranged for her, so I wouldn't chase her bro. Find a nice white girl and protect the most perfect race from extinction (assuming you're white).
    You are an idiot.

ReputationRep:

A muslim woman has to marry a muslim man. However a muslim man can marry a jewish or christian woman (I'm not muslim, I just learnt that in RE)

And the thing about muslims only being friends with other muslims is quite frankly, bull****. Where do you get your information from.
    AlQaeda.com it seems.

ReputationRep:

Read my second to last post on P.5.

"O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors; they are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust. (The Noble Quran, 5:51)"

Friends could only be made for Dawah purposes:

Dawah= Trying to guide/invite a non-muslim to Islam.

"O ye who believe! Take not for friends and protectors those who take your religion for a mockery or sport - whether among those who received the Scripture (i.e., the Bible) before you, or among those who reject Faith; but fear ye Allah, if ye have Faith (indeed). (The Noble Quran, 5:57)"

"Yea, to those who take for friends unbelievers rather than believers: is it honour they seek among them? Nay,- all honour is with God. (The Noble Quran, 4:139)"

"O ye who believe! Turn not (for friendship) To people on whom Is the Wrath of Allah. Of the Hereafter they are Already in despair, just as The Unbelievers are In despair about those (Buried) in graves. (The Noble Quran, 60:13)"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    Yes. You're such a conscientious student. What is your secret? :daydreaming:

--EDIT: Don't pay any notice to 4ttari. The little **** wants attention.
    Is that sarcasm? I cant tell -_-

ReputationRep:
    Read my second to last post on P.5.

"O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors; they are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust. (The Noble Quran, 5:51)"

"O ye who believe! Take not for friends and protectors those who take your religion for a mockery or sport - whether among those who received the Scripture (i.e., the Bible) before you, or among those who reject Faith; but fear ye Allah, if ye have Faith (indeed). (The Noble Quran, 5:57)"

"Yea, to those who take for friends unbelievers rather than believers: is it honour they seek among them? Nay,- all honour is with God. (The Noble Quran, 4:139)"

"O ye who believe! Turn not (for friendship) To people on whom Is the Wrath of Allah. Of the Hereafter they are Already in despair, just as The Unbelievers are In despair about those (Buried) in graves. (The Noble Quran, 60:13)"
    Well when the Imam came to our school for RE i assumed he knew what he was talking about. That doesnt seem very nice. Does that mean I cant be your friend :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ehhhh. Kind of just want to shag her.
    yeah let us know how that works out :lol:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 25, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.