Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you do if you met a burglar in your house? Watch

• View Poll Results: What would you do if you met a burglar in your house?
    Give in to the demands of the burglar to keep yourself (and possibly others) safe.
    14.93%
    Physically attack the burglar and then call the police.
    60.70%
    Run as fast as you can and call the police.
    11.94%
    Scream loudly to alert people of the situation.
    9.95%
    Faint.
    2.49%

ReputationRep:
    I and people who are not red diper doper babies believe if someone breaks into your house you should be allowed to do anything you want with them. Shoot them,stab them , me I'd sell them. It would be especially lucrative if one of the burglars was a female. Even if she was a druggie, someone would still buy her I reckon.

I read about this case where this burglar stupidly broke into this drug dealers house where the dealers family was , the dealer and his mates kept him for a week, he was beaten, tortured , and was ass raped with a toilet plunger. Personally while I believe we should deal with drug dealers like the chinese do,

I wouldn't have punished the dealer or his mates at all for that,as because our justice system is run by red diper doper babies, the senile and gutless politicians, proper punishments are not handed out, unless you steal from a corporation of course alternative justice is fine in my opinion.

The conservatives big society where they are sending less people to prison,even those who committ violence means, I believe they advocate it. That is the defense I would use in court, that we are taking responsibility for justice within our communities as the state no longer is.

ReputationRep:
    I'd tell him to drop anything he's taken and get out or I'll hurt him.

ReputationRep:
    No violence, just killing. If someone steps on my property without consent and he looks suspicious I have no choice but to aim for the kill, unless it's a burglar women I would have fun with her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)
    No violence, just killing. If someone steps on my property without consent and he looks suspicious I have no choice but to aim for the kill, unless it's a burglar women I would have fun with her.
    I'm with you there mate - I've lost count of the number of burglars I've ****ed :love:

ReputationRep:
    Call the mandem..

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, most burglars would run away if you caught them in the act. All they wanted was to get in and out with your dvd player in under 5 minutes. Getting into a fight with a homeowner hugely increases your chances of getting caught and its just not worth the risk.

I would probably grab one of the various sporting implements that litter my flat and and ring the police. The guy would be out of the door and down the street before I could dial the number.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? I'm fairly sure most people would just comply to their demands and call the police as soon as they leave. It's likely that they would be armed or physically stronger than you so there's no point risking your life to be a hero. It would be dumb to attack the burglar anyway for risk of getting into trouble yourself over it. People commenting on this are either really stupid or aren't being honset at all.

ReputationRep:
    Lol i voted for it but you scrounging weakllings couldn't physically attack a burglar!!!

I'd kick his ass, steal his money and wallet just to rub it in, and then call the police

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miike1234)
    Offer him a cup of tea, then throw the boiling water in his face
    ****ing genius :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Knowing me, i'd probably scream out of fright, then stand there like a lemon just following their demands..

ReputationRep:
    For some reason I read one of the poll options as "Fart loudly" :erm:

(Original post by there's too much love)
    if they didn't know where I was:
    Panic
    Breath
    Panic or get my phone, get a weapon, and hide in the cupboard, phoning the police.
    Panic some more.
    Start having a **** (not many burglars would want to stay if they saw me having a ****).

If they saw me I have no idea.
    I think I'd probably do this though:
    Scream, scream, scream some more, and then ask if they want a snowball fight.
    You can **** on command?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    For some reason I read one of the poll options as "Fart loudly" :erm:

You can **** on command?
    Just need my hand.

ReputationRep:
    take a leaf out of cartmans book & kick him in the nuts

ReputationRep:
    Go ape****

ReputationRep:
    I'd read him his human rights and then ask if he suffers from any allergies.

ReputationRep:
    Depends... If heard them and had time to grab one of the many cricket bats littering my room then I'd probably defend my house after ringing the police. If the guy had a gun then I'm not going to do ****.

ReputationRep:
    I would probably cower, cry a little and then beg for my worthless life. The only thing lesser than my pain threshold is my personal dignity.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably help them tbh, I have a lot of worthless **** in my flat.

If I actually owned anything of worth I would assess the situation. When I'm annoyed I get a huge wave of adrenaline and get very violent. I also get very stupid. It would get interesting.

I do think If I could restrain the ******* I could spit down their throat and tell them I have AIDS...burglars are as thick as **** anyway.

EDIT:

I would probably hide and phone for police though.... I couldn't be sure what I would do until the time comes.

ReputationRep:
    i would scream my warcray and hurtle after the burglar wielding the kitchen knife i kee p in my room so i cna either c has him out or stab him to leg death and get him arrested.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It depends whether or not I've got a servicable weapon. If I do then I'll try to see if it is possible to beat the **** out of him legally (that is, if I'm personally being threatened, or cornered). If not then back away and look for a weapon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.