Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2011 film thread - What are you hyped for? Hotly anticipate films? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xCHiiBiEverlastingx)
    Thor looks kinda crappy, in my opinion... Anyways, my two (or ten) cents:

Michael Fassbender is really churning 'em out... He's so gorgeous and talented, I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing him in X-Men: First Class, Jane Eyre and A Dangerous Method (Fassbender + Viggo Mortensen + Keira Knightley = c'est parfait).
    I remember him in 300 and thinking, hello, you're quite a good actor! I must have opening the film industry's eyes to notice him .

ReputationRep:
    Also, The Greatest Movie Ever Sold :cyber:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, not too many films coming out in early 2011 really catch my eye. I might use the opportunity to watch those older films I've been meaning to see for ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xCHiiBiEverlastingx)
    Exciting times; I forgot about this! I loved the book though :blushing: Who's in this film, do you know?
    Leonardo DiCapripo as Gatsby :sexface:
    and I think Tobey Maguire as Nick.

ReputationRep:
    X-Men: First Class looks to be easily the best of the lot. Stellar cast, good director, and a story focused on two of the most fascinating characters in comics. Thor I will watch because a superhero movie directed by Kenneth Branagh sounds too ridiculous to miss. Green Lantern I will watch out of fidelity to the comics, I'm not convinced so far. Reynolds is good casting, though.

ReputationRep:
    Thor first of all followed by X men First Class then TGL, just in terms of my interest

Captain America looks good but I'm not too hyped about seeing it

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not a superhero film... but TRANSFORMERS 3 ... 1st of July... cannot wait. it's a good year for films actually
    TF3
    the hangover 2
    cars 2
    new potc
    and Justin Bieber and toy sotry 3 have already come out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffled Snuffles)
    Natalie Portman's presence in Thor has been relatively quiet, under hyped or just under the radar in general. Most people I've spoken to didn't even know she was in the film.

Not a fan of Captain America?

Not really. As superheroes go, I find him to be pretty flat. YAY AMERICA, YAY FREEDOM, I get it. But I never really gave him much of a chance, in all fairness. The movie doesn't look horrible, and Hugo Weaving and Tommy Lee Jones are reasons enough to watch anything.

ReputationRep:
    All of the to be honest. I love movies. Btw, I watched Source Code yesterday, highly recommended!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christien)
    Not really. As superheroes go, I find him to be pretty flat. YAY AMERICA, YAY FREEDOM, I get it. But I never really gave him much of a chance, in all fairness. The movie doesn't look horrible, and Hugo Weaving and Tommy Lee Jones are reasons enough to watch anything.
    It looks ook but I agree, I'm not that excited about it

but hmm do I sense a bit of anti-americanism here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    It looks ook but I agree, I'm not that excited about it

but hmm do I sense a bit of anti-americanism here

The overwhelming majority of the media I enjoy is American. Any Anti-Americanism on my part would be all kinds of stupid. I don't like '**** YEAH PATRIOTISM' in any form, though. It's just as annoying here. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Aren't people fed-up with superhero movies by now... ?

ReputationRep:
    Super, if I could find anywhere near me showing it. :mad:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.