Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

most annoying things on public transport to you. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linweth)
    To stay alive perhaps?
    Ha made me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    People having full conversations on their mobiles- that you wouldn't (or at least SHOULDN'T) want anyone to overhear!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    What's wrong with that? Gives me a semi.
    Probably the fact I have no one to snog on the bus :/ and I'm jealous x
    hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    Ill start:

- at stations with barriers, people getting off the train forcing their way through both sides of it when your train is about to leave.
    - People who act drunk
    - people with bikes/animals blocking the doors
    - this guy farted last night and it was one that you had to hold your nose for
    - people who put feet on the seats when the trains full

You can tell I hate it by now
    -How it takes me 1 hour!!! to get 10 miles by Bus when it would take me 15mins by train!.
    -How the bus drivers are really angry if you dont have the exact change and know exactly where you want to go and the ticket you want.
    -How the trains are busy at all times and you cant get a seat without reserving one.
    -How you cant use discounts until after 9.30am!!!
    - People blocking the doors meaning you have to hit them/shove them and push to get them out of the way. Ditto about bicycles and dogs!
    -People with zero reservations or manners who blatently know that the reserved seat for you isnt theirs on a packed busy train and still insist on sitting there on your seats that you payed for and reserved in advance!!!!
    - People who announce they have a sickness and open the window on a freezing autumn or winter's day-thanks for giving me an illness!!!
    - That the trains and buses grind to a halt whenever the littlest thing goes wrong.....
    -Someone always talking and playing music so loudly my ears bleed......

I could go on and on.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeographyEllie)
    Probably the fact I have no one to snog on the bus :/ and I'm jealous x
    hahaha
    Come here baby, I'll make it all ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    Come here baby, I'll make it all ok.
    ahahaaa thanks

prince charming right

ReputationRep:
    Was on the train yesterday and some guy had a heart attack and fell off his chair right next to me. So scary and he made such a scene - how inconsiderate. ;P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meatzaper)
    when random people decide to rub up on you when there is space elsewhere... and when people jump onto trains and almost rape you whiles your reading

who ever neg repd me is a ****

have some pos then ;P

ReputationRep:
    Loud music!!

ReputationRep:
    People that complain about public transport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    People having full conversations on their mobiles- that you wouldn't (or at least SHOULDN'T) want anyone to overhear!
    like:

"YEAH PORSCHE, I'VE JUST BEEN DOWN THE CLINIC, THE DOCTOR GAVE ME SOME CREAM FOR THE RASH"

"PROBABLY FROM YOUR SISTER"

"YOU SAID YOU ENJOYED IT"

"YOU ****ING *****"

ReputationRep:
    I have another one :P
    People who don't know how to use the ticket machines in train stations and take ages instead of letting other people go first/show them how to use the machines. I missed my train the other week because of a family like that.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhinger)
    Just one thing.

When a hot girl looks down at her phone the WHOLE time, as a result of which she doesn't look up to you... so there's no eye flirting.

such a huge flipping turn-off
    When I was little I would play a game where I would try and work out what bluetooth name the hot guy had! One guy got the train regularily enough for me to work it out!
    I was super cool (but it was the reason I was staring at my phone!)

ReputationRep:
    Other passengers.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhinger)
    I suppose he never chatted you up? Tsk tsk, staring at phones.
    Actually I sent him a bluetooth message saying he was hot (yes I know, I'm a creepy stalker) and he replied =D

Best moment of my life!

ReputationRep:
    People that flat out stare at other people for no apparent reason.... sooo creepy and weird, especially if they're sitting opposite each other

ReputationRep:
    People blaring their music on the bus. And it's always one of 2 genres- chavvy rap music or headbanging dance music. It's never like Florence and the Machine or any decent music :p:
    Also- train conductors giving you dirty looks for puttng your feet up on seats even when there's nobody else on the train. If I see someone who needs a seat I wll gladly take my feet down and offer them the seat, but right now I'm the only one in this carriage so I don't think my feet are causing that much of a problem!
    People who talk really loudly on a train or bus. Talking is fine, but the whole bus doesn't need to hear about what you're making for tea.
    Stupid bus drivers who stop really abruptly and send you flying.

ReputationRep:
    People coughing/sneezing without covering their mouth -_-

ReputationRep:
    When some people can't make up their mind and decide to get of the train when the doors are about to close.
    People burping out loud.
    Stinky food.
    Drunkards.
    Nigerian people who talk too loud on the phone.(I'm nigerian btw).

ReputationRep:
    smelly people ........ either sitting next to you or infront and when the doors opens a gust of wind blows there nasty smell towards you til u wana pass out cause its so vile

when there is plenty of free seats available but they want to sit in the seat next to you or sit on the seat that ur have ur legs stretched out on ..... its like hello there is 10 free seats over there why this one ?! ur just being a ****

it doesnt really annoy me that much unless it keeps goin on and on ..... but when someone answers the phone really loudly and talks on it for like 20 mins and repeats everything like twice and tells their life story and every prob they got to the person on the phone so much that even the busdriver could tell you everything that has been said ..... its made even worse if the person has a annoying accent

when the bus is quiet and you can hear someone's ipod and they are like 5 seats away .... thats so annoying you just wana yank those earphones away from them and scream in their ear " stop playin ur **** music so ****in loud ar u deaf ?! " .... if the music woz good i wouldnt hav any problem

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.