Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Blokes who masturbate every day: Aren't you exhausted? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Since I broke up with my ex, I've done it about 3 times a day... Doesn't tire me out. In fact, my ex was always amazed that, unlike most guys, after sex I was REALLY awake. It woke me up just as a 2 litre bottle of coke would...

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE

After having time to 'conduct some experiments', I've concluded that it simply varies and is most likely down to me being tired already. I realised that the times when it really had an effect was when I was already up way past my normal bedtime AND had to get up early the following day.

For those who were wondering a few pages back, orgasms from sex or masturbation can actually help you to sleep as it helps to de-stress and clear your mind of worries as well as inducing a brief spike in benzodiazepines, the sleep inducing chemicals. In fact, doing it in the morning is possibly even conducive to a more relaxed day (more experiments required on that one).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inkblot)
    I don't know if there's just something wrong with me. I sometimes masturbate before bed to help me get to sleep; lots of people do, that's why this isn't anonymous. But often when I do that I really struggle to get out of bed the next morning and I feel exhausted for the whole day.

It's basically the one thing that holds me back from doing it every day because I know that I'll probably feel ****ty the next day and not be able to get anything done. It doesn't happen every time, but when it does it's like my whole body just feels heavy and I can't be bothered to move.

Is there something wrong with me?
    Doctor told me years ago that if you have been over masturbating for years (once a day can still be classed as too much) you suffer from chronic fatigue due to hormone and adrenaline levels being too low because you dont give them a chance to replenish.

Either get some Zinc supplements or just stop for a while or cut down. Its better when you spread it out anyway

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.