The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Teehee.
Reply 101
102 posts and not one muslim has said anything about how true the DJ was when he was talking about extremist muslims, and you lot wonder why people have views about Islam that they have.

Anyway I'm not going to wait around anymore to try and get a decent response from a muslim because from past experience I will be here all night. Got to cook.

Take care all.
Reply 102
One more thing before I go, why don't the people who called me uneducated for posting a video about a guy who speaks the truth call the ex-muslim woman on this video uneducated?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQzuFrMRA3M
Original post by mathperson
102 posts and not one muslim has said anything about how true the DJ was when he was talking about extremist muslims, and you lot wonder why people have views about Islam that they have.

Anyway I'm not going to wait around anymore to try and get a decent response from a muslim because from past experience I will be here all night. Got to cook.

Take care all.

Original post by PerigeeApogee
Absolutely. There are 1 billion Muslims on the planet, and as such, there are 1 billion versions of the Qur'an.

I read the Qur'an, and the way I interpreted it (without twisting) it showed itself to be a vile religion. But you're quite right, I'm sure there are people out there who read it with a different sort of slant and manage to find some peace, love, etc, in there.

But the point is that if the Qur'an IS so open to interpretation, then how can the guy on the radio claim that 'Islam doesn't condone these things, it condemns them'? Maybe HIS version of Islam does, but what makes his version of Islam more valid than the version of Islam taken by an extremist?

When 'Allah' supposedly handed down the Qur'an, he never provided a separate book entitled 'how to interpret the Qur'an', unfortunately. So your guess is as good as my guess which is as good as Osama Bin Laden's guess which is as good as the Muslim who works in my local corner shop's guess. There's no way to say who is right, and so the DJ was absolutely spot on when he told that Muslim that he had no authority to represent Islam. He can represent his own, personal and completely subjective version of Islam, but he can't go beyond that.

So then, what is 'Islam' and what, really, is the point of it?

P.S. comparing the Qur'an with the Bible doesn't reflect favourably on it with me - I'm vehemently opposed to all religion.

There is only one version of the Quran which has one meaning.
funny isn't it, how I (and anyone else) gets abused by people like you for loading a video up where the DJ simple expresses the opinions of many people, how about you stop abusing me and start abusing the extremist muslims, otherwise you (and muslims who behave like you) will continue to feed the so called 'Islamaphobia (which is based on logic by the way).

You implying Im a muslim?:confused:

Well thats not nearly as funny as getting a half baked smart ass reply, though is it!
Please, elaborate. I'm sure that all of the Muslims here are sitting on the edge of theirs seats, waiting for you to reveal the TRUE meaning of Islam, so that they can all live their lives by it, 100% certain that they are pleasing Allah by doing what he intended.

Also, you've just dipped your Muslims in the **** here - what you're basically saying is that they can be judged by the actions of other Muslims, since they're all following a singular message?

Islam should be followed as the way during and after the first few generations after Muhammed(pbuh). All these deviations such as sufiism, shiaism, etc all came many years after and has no basis. The only Islam is Sunni Islam. As for meanings of the verses, there is something called tafseers which are explanations given by scholars which have the majority of a unanimous agreement on nearly all issues.
The presenter was an idiot because he was very aggressive but then I listened to the whole 7 minutes and I totally agree with what he was saying.

If only could have been non aggressive and engaged with the caller.
Reply 109
guess i owned you mathperson, your arguments simply dont measure up. i advise you for the future to prepare yourself better, otherwise you just embarrass yourself.

hatred against a religion is part of cultural racism, i didnt make that up, you know. google is your friend. go educate yourself. cultural racism has replaced the old definition of racism. not my fault if your knowledge is not up to par.

calling you uneducated is not a strategy, simply a fact. racism increases the lower someone's education is, you being a prime example. And i did actually comment on the clip, what are you talking about? i said the radio host contradicted himself. He said that the caller cant speak for Islam anyways, so why would he want him to call in before and condemn said events? Makes no sense.

Some of the events he mentions took place in Iraq for example. Pretty sure many Brit soldiers caused a lot of harm there. Dont think you called anywhere and condemned that yet. In fact many muslims have condemned acts by muslim terrorists. You are truly stupid if you believe all muslims agree with such events.

You also still havent told me why you havent called somewhere and condemned acts people have done from your culture. Could you answer this or do you have a double standard here?

@PerigeeApogee obv u didnt read it correctly bc nowhere does it promote terrorism. could you point me to the surah? Dont make such statements without providing reliable sources. I do not think everything is great about Islam (such as homophobic views for example) but this is an issue i take with all world religions. I thought the subject here was whether the Islam/Quaran promotes terrorism or not.
Original post by Roxas13
I thought TSR was free of stupid racists.

Cleary nowhere is safe......

Lol TSR is full of bigots, there isn't a week that goes by without some sort of race thread started by one of them.
But even within the Sunni sect there is disagreement and various interpretations.

No two Sunni muslims live exactly the same lives because they have such different interpretations of the Qur'an.

Thats not because of the interprtation, its because they don't like it as it seems ''extreme'' and give into the liberal environment they live in. Can you give an example of a ''disagrement''?

Schoolchildren getting shot? Nurseries bombed? I thought they were talking about the US in Iraq and Israeli actions in Gaza :rolleyes: But clearly you don't care about the injustices around the world TO Muslims. You don't care that these are the reason so many desperate people become terrorists (NOT RELIGION). You don't care about anything except to slander Islam without reason as much as possible.

I would expect nothing more from delusional dickhead who has admitted that he would like to see Muslims in the UK "liquidated".
Original post by Kreuzuerk

haha he looks like he's about to cry- as he probably is given Australia's current state lol
Reply 114
I agree that many people twist/misinterpret the Quaran and interprete it in different ways. Same goes for other religions. People consider themselves Catholics yet divorce, use contraception, have pre-marital sex but on the other hand condemn homophobia. All of this is hypocritical to me. You will find many muslims with different interpretations just as you will find many catholics, christians, or jewish people who do so.
Reply 115
Sure the "people who fly airliners into buildings" were Muslim, though this doesn't mean ALL Muslims are wanna-be pilots... Obviously, the DJ is a bigot who is out to slander the "cult" of Islam. I'm not a Muslim but this guy is just stirring up more hate, the irony.
I keep going back on what I have just said in order to provide a frustrating experience for the other person that I am arguing with whereby I can pretend that I am smart. For example I will throw out several examples of why I think the Muslim faith is a bad thing then when faced with the accusation of being xenophobic I will immediately hide behind the idea that I dont think it is true of every Muslim, thus contradicting myself. Whats more I like to recommend that people read a dictionary as a recreational hobby in a weak form of an insult because doing such a thing satisfies my own insecurities.

ja, du bist ein pimmel kopf.

Take care all.

Lol, give it up OP. It looks like you got owned.
Why not, a guy gets owned on live radio? By specifically classifying people as muslims, you're trying to pin point the actions of individuals on the whole group of muslims and thus inevitably trying to link it to their faith. To clarify, if you see on the news a white christian killing his wife, it would be classified most likely as 'man kills wife'. However if it was a muslim, it often gets put as 'muslim kills wife'. By doing so is again trying to place the actions of a few on the whole muslim population, a cheap tactic often undertaken by the media whom have their own agenda to please their audiences current paranoia over muslims. Don't bite the hate stick.
Reply 119

What are you, a 2 year old? Any discussion/debate involving these issues does not need a reiteration of 'how bad the terrorists are'. What responses were you expecting, "DJ is right, those extremists are bad"?
You would have to be either an extremist yourself (in terms of your ignorance) or a complete fool to not realise that while defending Islam (suggesting those acts are not condoned by the religion), a condemnation of those acts are implicit.

Does every sentence on tsr, while defending islam, have to start with "the acts committed by those extremists are bad bad bad..we condemn such atrocities!"?...and then come to point?

of all videos, articles etc, you had to pick this stupid youtube vid to prove that (we don't condemn the acts) point?

feel sorry for ya bro.

Latest

Trending

Trending