The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm sure that Daily Mail readers provide an unbiased sample of Britain's feelings on immigration. :rolleyes:
Original post by ajtiesto
you got the majority of white Brits who I would class as "silent racists".

Bigoted immigrants are just as bad as racists. Personally, I think that the majority of white British people are racially tolerant.
But it is ok because by 2066 only 49% will complain and that is less than half :awesome:
by the time whites become a minority in Britain, people won't actually care much about these things, and the divisions along lines of wealth and economic opportunity will be far more divisive.
No surprises here. Get breeding, Whites.

Would it be ok if the whole White European population went and invaded South Asia?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 105
Original post by effofex
What about Emiratis? They are a minority in their own country - and by the looks of things, they don't seem to be throwing up too much of a fuss at all!

Oh please, if you're a migrant in the Emirates without money, you're nothing.
Equality doesn't stretch far unless you're an Arab, :sigh:
Reply 106
It won't become a white minority state. People need to read something other than the Daily Mail for once.
Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi
You must have met 4 Nigerians in your life then. That is the biggest load of *******s I have ever heard

i know like over 20 nigerians, and these are nigerians straight from nigeria coming to england to study, not second generation nigerian immigrants. and my dad goes to nigeria for work like twice a year, and he even said the same thing that they speak english as their first language.

it's more like you probably havent met enough nigerians... the other nigerian girl agreed with me and said her cousins in nigeria can only speak english too.
Reply 108
Original post by Liquidus Zeromus
No surprises here. Get breeding, Whites.

Would it be ok if the whole White European population went and invaded South Asia?

Presumably Europeans and South Asians are not nomadic, so it would be nigh on impossible to transplant the entire European population to South Asia, or the entire South Asian population to Europe.
Original post by Redkicker
i know like over 20 nigerians, and these are nigerians straight from nigeria coming to england to study, not second generation nigerian immigrants. and my dad goes to nigeria for work like twice a year, and he even said the same thing that they speak english as their first language.

it's more like you probably havent met enough nigerians... the other nigerian girl agreed with me and said her cousins in nigeria can only speak english too.

A lot of people speak English as their first language yet hate the Anglosphere and all it represents with a passion. The language you speak isn't such a good indicator of your political beliefs.
Reply 110
I just don't don't understand why the argument is slowly leaning towards Nigerians! They are very very much a minority compared to Indians, Pakistanis and even Jamaicans! They speak english and are mostly christians so many people in Britain aren't that fussed about them. I think the main issue isn't really race but rather the scare of "Islamification of britain", that's why many people are unhappy.

I am Nigerian (although born and raised in Britain myself). I know upwards of hundreds of Nigerians in various different countries. I have been to Nigeria 7 times. I think I know more about this topic of you. Of course their first language is English, firstly it would make it pretty difficult for them to come over and study in English if this was not the case. Secondly, the majority of them are from cities such as Lagos and Abuja which are comprised of various different ethnic groups and languages. English is used as a universal language in such linguistically diverse places.
I am Nigerian (although born and raised in Britain myself). I know upwards of hundreds of Nigerians in various different countries. I have been to Nigeria 7 times. I think I know more about this topic of you. Of course their first language is English, firstly it would make it pretty difficult for them to come over and study in English if this was not the case. Secondly, the majority of them are from cities such as Lagos and Abuja which are comprised of various different ethnic groups and languages. English is used as a universal language in such linguistically diverse places.

you just proved my point then.
Original post by Glowy Amoeba
A lot of people speak English as their first language yet hate the Anglosphere and all it represents with a passion. The language you speak isn't such a good indicator of your political beliefs.

i brought this up because someone was talking about how its bad if whites are ruling africa or nigeria or whatever. i said the situation right now isnt different because you still get white wannabes running nigeria.

i dunno what their political beliefs are, but all it shows is they see western culture as superior than their own
you just proved my point then.

I didn't prove your point you imbecile. I stated that Nigerians that spoke English did so for matters of efficieny rather than because of any desire to be white. Trust me I know more than yo ever will about Nigerian society and there is no pressing desire amongst the people to be white. At the most there are merely attracted to the wealth of of white people.

i brought this up because someone was talking about how its bad if whites are ruling africa or nigeria or whatever. i said the situation right now isnt different because you still get white wannabes running nigeria.

i dunno what their political beliefs are, but all it shows is they see western culture as superior than their own

Again you continue to display your incredulous stupidity. You don't get "white wannabes" ruling Nigeria or people that see Western culture. The position of high government in Nigeria is one that has become increasingly aforcentric with most Nigerian presidents wearing official clothing to carry out their presidential duties. Obasanjo was a polygamist ffs so I hardly see how he sees white culture as superior. Nigeria's rulers are incompetent, but they are by no means "white wannabes". Tbh I find the find that I'm debating with someone who uses such a crude term in a political discussion to be quite disheartening
Original post by Sharpshooter
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1334271/Eight-want-tighter-controls-immigration---Lib-Dem-voters-want-cap.html

(Here's the poll in full)

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/excel/YouGov-Poll-Restricting-NonEC-Mig301110.xls

A YouGov/Migration watch poll has recently shown that 73% of British people conducted in their poll responded to being unhappy at the prospect of Britain becoming a white minority state by 2066.

The poll also showed that 81% of British support the immigration cap introduced by the conservatives.

Tbh I'm quite disgusted at this poll. Regardless of what you say about YouGov or Migration Watch it shows that there are clearly a lot of people do not like this. Britain has about 11-12% of ethnic minorities as it's population not to mention and I'm pretty most of those didn't respond to being unhappy. Which doesn't say much about everyone else in the poll.

It's clear that white Britain is still quite racist. This is supposed to be good thing for the country for christ sake!
9.06% of Britain is non British/White according to the 2001 United Kingdom Census. The 2011 census will take place on March 2011. :smile:

Britain, past and present is a land of foreigners. Our ability to embrace, accept and adapt to multiculturalism is one of our greatest national strengths. Despite what stupid forms say, I see my self as British and Black. I never put Black Caribbean, because I don't identity with that island. There is more to a person than their skin colour.

If we close the borders we will become an island of old age, ignorant pensioners unable to afford our care. Much like a certain technology crazed island in the far east. Known for its over the top views on foreigners...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Reformed2010
9.06% of Britain is non British/White according to the 2001 United Kingdom Census. The 2011 census will take place on March 2011. :smile:

Britain, past and present is a land of foreigners. Our ability to embrace, accept and adapt to multiculturalism is one of our greatest national strengths. Despite what stupid forms say, I see my self as British and Black. I never put Black Caribbean, because I don't identity with that island. There is more to a person than their skin colour.

If we close the borders we will become an island of old age, ignorant pensioners unable to afford our care. Much like a certain technology crazed island in the far east. Known for its over the top views on foreigners...

Your that guy who made that thread about how he wears Jack Wills and how his parents drive a Range. Go figure:rolleyes:
Original post by Reformed2010

Lol I've had to experience their views myself :smile:

As for the Nigerian argument, I don't wan't to add fuel to the mini flame war but I doubt any leader of any country views his own culture as inferior to others. It might be the case that Nigerians speak English out of convenience, or for business reasons. It's a smart move to have an English speaking elite because it's such a universal language, they don't do it because they're Uncle Toms. Individuals who manage to get elected as presidents are usually motivated by a lust for power but also by love for their country, as naive as it may sound.
cheers
Your that guy who made that thread about how he wears Jack Wills and how his parents drive a Range. Go figure:rolleyes:
Oh no my parents drive a Jeep and I wear clothes that have Jack Wills labels. Oh no I am happy and proud that I enjoy being British. Roll your eyes all you want, if you can be proud of being ABC, then everyone else is entitled to be proud of their own identity.

I laugh at those who think they are Caribbean or African simply because their grand parents were born there. There is more to identity than just being born on an island and sharing the same skin colour with the inhabitants. Yet its those who were not even born on the country and visit it as a holiday, laugh at people like me who see themselves as more British. Despite having parents who are BORN here.

Get over yourself and knock that chip of your shoulder.

My grand parents are White & Black Americans! and Black Caribbean. My parents are British, born and bred in Britain. I am 'Black' British, born and bred in Britain. How the HELL does this make me not British? idiot. So I got a white grand parent and black grandparents. Two American and two Caribbean. My parents are British.... yet you roll your eyes when I say I am British. idiot. Can my children call themselves British? no? idiot.
(edited 13 years ago)
So would I, and I ain't white :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending