Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    GLASGOW!
    1. It's a beautiful campus that looks especially wonderful in the snow.
    2. Great courses with amazing lecturers (aka. David Newell for all those considering Lit)
    3. A wonderfully friendly city with shopping and night-life to suit everyone.
    4. Ceilidhs

Seriously, what are you doing applying to anywhere else?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccainabox)
    GLASGOW!
    1. It's a beautiful campus that looks especially wonderful in the snow.
    2. Great courses with amazing lecturers (aka. David Newell for all those considering Lit)
    3. A wonderfully friendly city with shopping and night-life to suit everyone.
    4. Ceilidhs

Seriously, what are you doing applying to anywhere else?
    How did I forget the ceilidhs?!

And another awesome lecturer = Katie Lowe (Eng Lang)

ReputationRep:
    York St John for the proper uni experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    And another awesome lecturer = Katie Lowe (Eng Lang)
    Ooh and Douglas Neil for biology. He's my hero

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathmagician)
    Look out for the seaguls mate, there's a large chip on your shoulder.
    If you're implying that I wish that I had studied at Oxford I honestly assure you that the place never crossed my mind as a city I would like to be a student in and, after visiting as a tourist, still doesn't (Cambridge most captured my imagination of the top 10 universities). And bigging up Glasgow, which I have no connection to, shows some balanced opinion surely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INTJ)
    What's your IQ?
    It stands for intelligence quotient

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IQ Test)
    It stands for intelligence quotient
    I know what it stands for I was asking what your IQ score is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Have No Imagination)
    Hertfordshire - So much better than I ever expected it to be. So far, I am very impressed.
    You have The Forum, I'm very jealous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INTJ)
    I know what it stands for I was asking what your IQ score is...
    I don't know, I just thought it would be a cool username.

I'm going to take the mensa test at some point though, just to see what I get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IQ Test)
    I don't know, I just thought it would be a cool username.

I'm going to take the mensa test at some point though, just to see what I get.
    Cool. I have taken a few tests. They are good fun, regardless of what you score. I am just infatuated with puzzles and problem-solving - it's an addiction of mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INTJ)
    Cool. I have taken a few tests. They are good fun, regardless of what you score. I am just infatuated with puzzles and problem-solving - it's an addiction of mine.
    Odd that you should say that as I start reading a book about Richard Feynman, famously "infatuated with puzzles"!

I've never done an I.Q. test, but I think the idea is interesting.

How did you score on yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origamistars)
    I know a lot of people are wondering about the best things about certain universities, like "Why should I go to suchandsuch uni?" or "What're the best things about soandso uni?" So tell TSR what you loveee about your university What're the best things about it? How's the nightlife/accommodation? Would you recommend it?

(cheerful thread is cheerful. Hopefully.)
    Aberystwyth's pretty damn good, you can get in with much lower grades than the course would ask for in another uni! The course i'm on is just SO good. I only needed 300 points and then got it reduced to 280 because i went to a visiting day. For the quality of the course they should be asking for ABB i think
    Plus it's such a friendly place Nothing bad seems to happen ever... and living by a beach is great even in the winter!! It's beautiful in the sun :P
    Unions not bad, not the best, but it'll do, and there's a lot more in the town than people think, it's actually really nice and has everything you need

ReputationRep:
    WARWICK

Seriously great campus with its own arts centre including cinemas and theatres and stuff, great union with nightclubs and a cute TEA SHOP, no sense of snobbery or 'look at us we're old therefore we must be good' - it's good because it's good, amazing lecturers, sense that you can do anything, properly multi-faculty, thinking the arts are still important. Best of all, being surrounded by people who are intelligent and actually think studying is important - such a relief after crappy school.

ReputationRep:
    University of Neasden, no other University beats the prestigious reputation we have!

ReputationRep:
    Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeds

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    Glasgow is amazing! I love it. The people are lovely, my courses are all fantastic, the uni is beautiful, the city has real character, there's always something going on, it's in Scotland. I'd really recommend it, I'm having the time of my life.
    =/ I always thought it was in Ireland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir_Vile_Minds)

Were you as disappointed as I was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Were you as disappointed as I was?
    It was like a kick in the face. For 22.5 years I've been like "I love the look of Ireland and really want to visit Glasgow, even though they have a Scottish accent."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir_Vile_Minds)

Haha, sorry if it sounded like I was just stating the bleeding obvious, what I meant was that it being in Scotland is another advantage of Glasgow uni!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.