Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat)
    new style
    AHH I love it! It looks beautiful Is it tricky to do in the mornings? (Well is it high maintenance I mean, strange wording sorry)

ReputationRep:
    You cannot grab a short-haied girl whilst doing the dirty!

:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    AHH I love it! It looks beautiful Is it tricky to do in the mornings? (Well is it high maintenance I mean, strange wording sorry)

cheers (I brought in a pic of michael bubles hairstyle )

nah, it's not that hard to do just dry it, rub some product through it and put it up really

ofcourse, it's not as nice as what the hairstylist did but it's ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veronica111)
    http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...G_0117copy.jpg

That's my hair a couple weeks back, had it cut shorter now so I don't have to tuck it behind my ears, hate that stage when it's too long but you cba to have it cut!! haha

Apologies for the poser-esque piccy, was for my friends photography project!!
    Ooh I really like this It looks nice. I'm having my hair cut next week and want to get it shorter, I'm just not sure I have the guts ha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gravityisamyth)
    Ooh I really like this It looks nice. I'm having my hair cut next week and want to get it shorter, I'm just not sure I have the guts ha.
    It is a big step to make, so if you're a little worried, just go for a bob first, a longish one, then you can see what it feels like, then decide if you want to go shorter or longer. Bobs that are longer than your chin are relatively quick to grow out, especially because once your hairs cut off it's a lot healthier.

But I'll tell you know, once you're short, you'll never want to back! Haha, I started off with a bob and have just got shorter and shorter. I'm keeping it the way it is in the picture for now though, I might want to get a really short bob, or get a really short fringe and go really really boy short all over...

Anyway, we'll see what happens.

What's your hair like now anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I *love* short hair, but my hair is curly, so the shortest I can go is to my ears... which I do periodically when I get fed up with long hair.

So jealous of all you pretty girls with short straight hair!

ReputationRep:
    It is a big step to make, so if you're a little worried, just go for a bob first, a longish one, then you can see what it feels like, then decide if you want to go shorter or longer. Bobs that are longer than your chin are relatively quick to grow out, especially because once your hairs cut off it's a lot healthier.

But I'll tell you know, once you're short, you'll never want to back! Haha, I started off with a bob and have just got shorter and shorter. I'm keeping it the way it is in the picture for now though, I might want to get a really short bob, or get a really short fringe and go really really boy short all over...

Anyway, we'll see what happens.

What's your hair like now anyway?
    I've had it in a bob before and it grew back really quickly! It's quite long at the moment, quite far past my shoulders. I think I might just go for it, I suppose it'll grow back if I hate it. It just looks so much easier to manage as well! I bet getting ready in the morning is a million times easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gravityisamyth)
    I think I might just go for it, I suppose it'll grow back if I hate it.
    That's the beauty of hair, it grows back without fail!

Just go for it, take a chance, you only live once! Getting ready is a million times easier, but still not easy, my hair is ridiculously thick, silly Armenian genes, every time I get my hair cut it takes ages to thin it out 'cause there's loads of it, once I even had three hairdressers working on my hair at the same time 'cause it was taking too long to dry and straighten haha!

But it is much easier, don't have to do anything to it (:

Post a picture up if you get it done in the end!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenorivers)

Not sure how I feel about it yet :P

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS

What did you ask for when you went to the hairdressers? I WANT THAT haha, really beautiful, and suits you loads!!

ReputationRep:
    Aw, I could never pull off short hair. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    That's the beauty of hair, it grows back without fail!

Just go for it, take a chance, you only live once! Getting ready is a million times easier, but still not easy, my hair is ridiculously thick, silly Armenian genes, every time I get my hair cut it takes ages to thin it out 'cause there's loads of it, once I even had three hairdressers working on my hair at the same time 'cause it was taking too long to dry and straighten haha!

But it is much easier, don't have to do anything to it (:

Post a picture up if you get it done in the end!
    Aha three people working on it is impressive!

My appointment is tomorrow so I decided I'm just going to go for it. Plus the aspect of it being easier to handle is definitely appealing! I'm so bad at looking after my hair at the length it's at now.

ReputationRep:
    i love messing around with my hair. Lets me frank short hair rules tbf

it's grown a cm or 2 since i last had it cut and the sideburn bits are driving me crazy a bit. (i like them clippered down a bitand shaped) but it is a wonderfully malleable haircut just a bit of hair clay and move your hands through it a bit and wham bam thank you mam, done.

ReputationRep:
    Now to have a short hair by girls is now become fashion due to comfort and less time.
    now women are too busy so it is easy to have a short hair . It takes less time.

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE short hair. Always had mine long to please my mum and when I finally cut it I just thought WOW THIS IS SO GREAT.

Love styling it and playing with it etc.

Just wanted some opinions, I've attached what my hair's like right now (what'd you think btw) but also what I'm planning next:
    http://www.hairfinder.com/haircollec...hiontrend2.jpg
    (without such long sideburns).

Any comments would be really appreciated!

Loving other girls pictures.

haha btw I'm not going bald lol that's just poor styling by me there

ReputationRep:
    Time to catch up with this thread, I keep meaning to post things!

(Original post by Culture Slut)
    I LOVE short hair. Always had mine long to please my mum and when I finally cut it I just thought WOW THIS IS SO GREAT.

Love styling it and playing with it etc.

Just wanted some opinions, I've attached what my hair's like right now (what'd you think btw) but also what I'm planning next:
    http://www.hairfinder.com/haircollec...hiontrend2.jpg
    (without such long sideburns).

Any comments would be really appreciated!

Loving other girls pictures.

haha btw I'm not going bald lol that's just poor styling by me there
    It's fabbb! I saw a woman with it like that but blonde yesterday in the tube station going up the stairs in front of me, I just admired it the whole way up like a silent creepy hairstalker Like what you're planning nexdt to, reminds me of Peaches (the singer)

i love messing around with my hair. Lets me frank short hair rules tbf

it's grown a cm or 2 since i last had it cut and the sideburn bits are driving me crazy a bit. (i like them clippered down a bitand shaped) but it is a wonderfully malleable haircut just a bit of hair clay and move your hands through it a bit and wham bam thank you mam, done.
    This is great partly because the photo is great and partly because no one ever says wham bam thankyou mam and it needs to be a staple of regular conversation! Although me and my flatmate have a stupid injoke about pretending to be in a camping shop and saying 'wig wam thankyou mam', but still.

(Original post by queenorivers)

Not sure how I feel about it yet :P
    Ever since you posted it I've been meaning to say that I love it! It's so nice and flattering, and it'd be impossible for most people to pull off!
    And secondly that your face reminds me of Jane Russell, which is intended as a compliment, her face makes Gentlemen Prefer Blondes like twice as good

I wish yous could see my friend's hair it's great. She's shaved right round the sides and back and fashioned the top into two big spikes like bunny ears, it's adorable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)

This is great partly because the photo is great and partly because no one ever says wham bam thankyou mam and it needs to be a staple of regular conversation! Although me and my flatmate have a stupid injoke about pretending to be in a camping shop and saying 'wig wam thankyou mam', but still.

I've actually just had it cut again today, same style as before (short and spiky at the front) but ive had the sides and back shaved just a bit more so it takes longer to grow back. my sideburns look like proper sideburns again :awesome:

I love the feel of the clippers :coma:

ReputationRep:

I've actually just had it cut again today, same style as before (short and spiky at the front) but ive had the sides and back shaved just a bit more so it takes longer to grow back. my sideburns look like proper sideburns again :awesome:

I love the feel of the clippers :coma:
    Name:  Photo on 2011-06-23 at 19.28.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  54.8 KB

Just had it cut again! xx

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had the right facial features for short hair!

ReputationRep:
    I have an asymetrical cut with a shaved undrcut on one side

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazhall)
    Name:  Photo on 2011-06-23 at 19.28.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  54.8 KB

Just had it cut again! xx

:coma:

very similar to mine (mine's grown an inch or two from its very short state)
    :yy:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.