Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Game of the Year 2010 - Vote now! watch

• View Poll Results: Game of the Year 2010 ...
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    8.02%
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2
    4.58%
    BioShock 2
    2.29%
    Call of Duty: Black Ops
    8.40%
    F1 2010
    3.05%
    Fallout: New Vegas
    6.49%
    Fifa 11
    7.25%
    Final Fantasy 13
    2.67%
    God of War 3
    2.29%
    Gran Turismo 5
    6.11%
    Halo: Reach
    6.11%
    Mass Effect 2
    13.74%
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
    0.76%
    Red Dead Redemption
    17.56%
    StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty
    3.44%
    Other - I will post my nomination.
    7.25%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    I have and I loved it. I decided to vote for RDR instead because it had everything - story, gameplay, game environment. Mass Effect 2 had a lot of excellent things like updated graphics, slicker combat, but the story was weaker and story is a big thing for me in games. If RDR wasn't released this year, Mass Effect 2 would've definitely had gained my vote.

Kinda hard to see that Bad Company 2 was trumped by Black Ops even though Bad Company 2 was definitely the best FPS shooter of the year.
    It's really easy to see why - there are a lot of stupid people in the world. I actually study game design, and one of the first things my lecturer said to us was that it can sometimes be a frustrating career path; you have to cater for stupid people because stupid people have money.

ReputationRep:
    This is the first time I've came into this topic, I cannot believe Red Dead Redemption is winning this poll, it's a bit of a travesty. It was certainly a good game, I really enjoyed it but Mass Effect 2 was on a completely different level, it's been far and away the best game of the year.

The only reason I can possible see for this being the case is that people who only own a PS3 and not both haven't played it yet, but it certainly doesn't make RDR a worthy winner imo.

Also leaving out Super Mario Galaxy 2 and putting in something like Need for Speed, get a grip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Only behind by 2 votes.

/late reply
    Nice bump there.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.