How can you tell if you're good-looking or not? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HARRY PUTAH)
    Stop looking in the mirror then.
    10pts awarded to you.
    Awesome piece of banter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Amy-Eliza~)
    Obviously, what's good looking is completely subjective, but there are general features that are almost universally attractive e.g. clear skin, shiny hair, general healthy appearance, slim figure (And by this I mean your natural healthy size, because everyone is slightly different), proportional features, nice smile.
    And as someone mentioned earlier, I think if you have attractive friends and an attractive boyfriend/girlfriend, it's an indication that you are probably fairly good looking.
    I don't think the attractive boyfriend/girlfriend is a good indicator at all, most couples in my college are one good-looking boy/girl with an ugly one of the other sex.

And to all those people saying it is subjective, yeah it is but I agree with all of my college friends about 80% of the time as to how fit a girl in our college is.

I guess you just can't really tell, but hot girls ALWAYS seem to know that they're hot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    LOL are you for real?

Yep and french so with a limited vocabulary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meghaan)
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder? Yes?
    Assume everyone in the thread is blind.

ReputationRep:
    If your picture is over at www.uglypeople.com - then you're ugly.

If it isn't, you're safe!

ReputationRep:
    This is how!!!
    http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/89606-broken_mirror.jpg

(Original post by StarryEyed91)
    I have never seen a girl without makeup who looks attractive. Ever.
    You need to get out of the doll factory then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissFanatical)
    In all honesty, the girls you think are beautiful without make-up are probably just more discreet at putting it on.

EDIT: just noticed someone pointed this out before me.

ooooooooooooooh well

I LOVE YOU!!!! keep it on the DL though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iPodAddict93)
    If you get a bit aroused by looking at yourself in the mirror.
    :jester::lolz: Guess that makes me a 1st class uggo.

ReputationRep:
    The giveaway is when a mother has to sheild her childrens eyes from you as you pass-by in the street.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I've had comments from people I've met recently... lots of compliments, so I can only guess that I must be at least alright looking if people are happy to compliment me on my looks.
    It's them bj lips ya got gurl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    Confidence helps alot.
    agreed.

I think when a women wears no make-up and still's very pretty, she is very pretty!

ReputationRep:
    If you generally believe that you are hottest/most attractive person ever then you are probably not.

I dunno...I just don't find arrogance attractive XD

ReputationRep:
    Analyse your face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr0mh0lland)
    agreed.

I think when a women wears no make-up and still's very pretty, she is very pretty!
    Not really what i meant. If you are confident in your looks you are probably more likely to be good looking even if ur not. Girls can wear make up if they want imo, if it makes them feel more attractive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    Not really what i meant. If you are confident in your looks you are probably more likely to be good looking even if ur not. Girls can wear make up if they want imo, if it makes them feel more attractive

treu that. How more confident how better someone looks. But there are to many women who seem to think make-up makes them atractiver.

When someone is willing to change their orientation for you :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    Lots of girls say to me "you have very nice eyes". I'm guessing that if you're good looking then they say to you "you are very good looking".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have a scientific way.

Look at yourself in a double mirror. Or take a photo on the computer and flip it horizontally. You may b surprised as you are seeing yourself as you are and not in reverse.
    lol ive done this in some illusion place in scotland well weird seeing yourself reversed

ReputationRep:
    you know you're good looking when your mother says "i'm so glad i didnt have ugly children". true story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarryEyed91)
    I have never seen a girl without makeup who looks attractive. Ever.
    I advice you to look for some glasses, ma'am.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.