Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)
    Ironic post is ironic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    obviously enough people for it to have made it to national news, a few papers and for a few threads to have been created with over 60 posts! What kind of dumb question was that?
    people are far too sensitive nowadays!

ReputationRep:
    Speak to any taxi driver and they'll tell you that 9/10 if someone runs away from a fair they will be black. Perhaps they're much more likely to walk away from a meal like they are from a taxi? If so why should white people be punished for black peoples actions? It's the same with carrying knives - why should whites be searched when they are 100x less likely to carry or use knives?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Speak to any taxi driver and they'll tell you that 9/10 if someone runs away from a fair they will be black. Perhaps they're much more likely to walk away from a meal like they are from a taxi? If so why should white people be punished for black peoples actions? It's the same with carrying knives - why should whites be searched when they are 100x less likely to carry or use knives?
    That is a very ignorant and racist statement. Also learn to spell: it's "fare". There is a correlation between people who can't spell and racism....or so it seems...

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: everything is racist these days, we get the point. Surely i'm not the only one who is fed up of threads like this.

ReputationRep:
    Fair rides are dodgy as **** and the hotdogs they serve often give me food poisoning. I would running away too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackthevillain)
    Another left wing comment in a anti white world.
    An anti white world? Oh please! :talkhand: Pretty much everything in history has shown us that the world is NOT anti white. That's a bunch of nonsense and i completely disagree. Also, my comment of a face palm picture was not a "left wing comment in an anti white world" :curious: i said nothing anti white or left wing, i was just showing clear disagreement with you.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe in that chain, black people make off more without paying and so this jumping on the 'oooo they're racist!' bandwagon is pointless and is another example of people not fully understanding a story, but making judgements on it nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    First the oxbridge thing [http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?t=1484229] and now i find this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-11934942

black people have to pay for meal before getting it but some random white kids who come in can pay after. Plain racist! When will Britain learn to tolerate people of all ethnicities!

Edit: see how the racists are neg repping me for exposing them. For shame!
    And here's an example of racism against white people...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    :rolleyes: everything is racist these days, we get the point. Surely i'm not the only one who is fed up of threads like this.
    LOL this is the reply to everything nowadays. I've come to realise something after speaking to a couple foreigners, tourists and international students. When it comes to race relations the british are full of the most ****. Pretending that the UK is some kind of haven for harmonious multicultural society. Yes we know that most multi ethnic societies are not completely harmonious. Something to most definately be expected. However when so many aren willing to support or simply reply with "so what" it pretty much tells me all I need to know.

Yeah its cool to say you dont give a **** but dont get mad when someone points out that the british are not as racial tolerent as they make out to be. Its funny people here seem to hate being branded racist. Likewise people hate discussing race here in any context. If a black person is discriminated against in a restaurant its because they commit more crime. If they find themselves discriminated against in the workplace its because they are poor performers. Yeah, sure go ahead believing that, just expect me to call you a narrow minded, jaded clown. Funny, a study a year ago (by the government no less, readm it in the FT) said that black and asian prospective employees with african/asian sounding names were being heavily discrimnated against in the job market. Of course the "PC too far" douchebags will just bombard us with a list of bull**** reasons as to why it5 wasnt down to race even when the report itself said the problem was "endemic".

Its cool though this aint my country, never will be and I am not british. Even though I was born here as far as I'm concerned I only live here. But that is supposed to justify me being treated inappropriately in a ****ing restaurant??? Wow. Didnt know a bunch of you were still on that deep south 60's stuff. For me the critical factor is that a bunch of teens were allowed to walk in and pay after the meal. If you want to beat around the bush and dodge calling it racist then it is at least ill concieved. Why not operate a nando's style policy and have everyone pay up front. Why allow a group of teenagers to walk in after and not pay in the presence of the group you are seemingly having an altercation with?

And no everything is not called racist nowadays, just appears who are content with minorities being treated as second class citizens have become more vocal. In most cases people who claim "PC has gone too far" or "that someone is using the race card" is almost always a racist anyway. Too pussy to just admit his/her dislike for X minority. Hey you are apparently allowed to have your prejudices so I can have mine. Its natural isnt it?

ReputationRep:
    That is a very ignorant and racist statement. Also learn to spell: it's "fare". There is a correlation between people who can't spell and racism....or so it seems...
    I spelt one word wrong whilst writing quickly on my phone... How will I ever live it down? There's a correlation between a low IQ and needing to resort to looking for spelling mistakes instead of arguing a point... Or so it seems...

ReputationRep:
    First the oxbridge thing [http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?t=1484229] and now i find this:

black people have to pay for meal before getting it but some random white kids who come in can pay after. Plain racist! When will Britain learn to tolerate people of all ethnicities!

cry about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    Fair rides are dodgy as **** and the hotdogs they serve often give me food poisoning. I would running away too.
    Hahahaha, perhaps before you mock other people's spelling and grammar you should sort your own out. 'I would running away too' LOL, I'm sure you would be retard.

ReputationRep:

The top one isn't racism, not at all. It's not your ethnicity that grants you an Oxbridge place, it's your commitment; it's your fervent desire to be the best. Categorising Oxbridge acceptance by something as myopic as ethnicity is an outrage in itself.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha, perhaps before you mock other people's spelling and grammar you should sort your own out. 'I would running away too' LOL, I'm sure you would be retard.
    Please don't be pedantic, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    LOL this is the reply to everything nowadays. I've come to realise something after speaking to a couple foreigners, tourists and international students. When it comes to race relations the british are full of the most ****. Pretending that the UK is some kind of haven for harmonious multicultural society. Yes we know that most multi ethnic societies are not completely harmonious. Something to most definately be expected. However when so many aren willing to support or simply reply with "so what" it pretty much tells me all I need to know.

Yeah its cool to say you dont give a **** but dont get mad when someone points out that the british are not as racial tolerent as they make out to be. Its funny people here seem to hate being branded racist. Likewise people hate discussing race here in any context. If a black person is discriminated against in a restaurant its because they commit more crime. If they find themselves discriminated against in the workplace its because they are poor performers. Yeah, sure go ahead believing that, just expect me to call you a narrow minded, jaded clown. Funny, a study a year ago (by the government no less, readm it in the FT) said that black and asian prospective employees with african/asian sounding names were being heavily discrimnated against in the job market. Of course the "PC too far" douchebags will just bombard us with a list of bull**** reasons as to why it5 wasnt down to race even when the report itself said the problem was "endemic".

Its cool though this aint my country, never will be and I am not british. Even though I was born here as far as I'm concerned I only live here. But that is supposed to justify me being treated inappropriately in a ****ing restaurant??? Wow. Didnt know a bunch of you were still on that deep south 60's stuff. For me the critical factor is that a bunch of teens were allowed to walk in and pay after the meal. If you want to beat around the bush and dodge calling it racist then it is at least ill concieved. Why not operate a nando's style policy and have everyone pay up front. Why allow a group of teenagers to walk in after and not pay in the presence of the group you are seemingly having an altercation with?

And no everything is not called racist nowadays, just appears who are content with minorities being treated as second class citizens have become more vocal. In most cases people who claim "PC has gone too far" or "that someone is using the race card" is almost always a racist anyway. Too pussy to just admit his/her dislike for X minority. Hey you are apparently allowed to have your prejudices so I can have mine. Its natural isnt it?
    Gonna be honest, cba reading the full thread. YOU were abused at a restauraunt? 1) I don't agree with racism what so ever. For every black criminal, theres two white criminals in UK. 2) Who the fck would abuse YOU? Fcking huge guy that would seriously hurt someone..?

ReputationRep:
    Oh elipsis mr "I have a vendetta against every black person in the world because of blah blah blah". Grammar nazism aside I dont argue with single digit IQ buffoons. Consider our exchange complete.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C-BRO)
    Gonna be honest, cba reading the full thread. YOU were abused at a restauraunt? 1) I don't agree with racism what so ever. For every black criminal, theres two white criminals in UK. 2) Who the fck would abuse YOU? Fcking huge guy that would seriously hurt someone..?
    happened some time ago and it wasnt abuse

ReputationRep:

Quite finished have you? I could respond with reasons as to why I said such an such, also protest the idea that i'm not racist but i really cannot be arsed and have better things to do with my time :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Please don't be pedantic, thank you.
    Why don't you just read what I was replying to? Perhaps if you're going to be the pedantic police you should start from the beginning?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.