Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eurovision Song Contest 2011 Society Watch

ReputationRep:
    Come on Russia!

ReputationRep:
    Woo Eurovision semi final number 1 tonight!! Can't wait. Lead to a massive discussion at school today with my friends over Eurovision. Less than an hour to go!

ReputationRep:
    For UK to have a chance to win they seriously need to get a bunch of hot girls in miny skirts..otherwise just no.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be voting for Finland tonight. Such a happy song.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be voting for Turkey or Serbia, depends on how the performances go. Cannae wait! xD

ReputationRep:
    I'll be rooting for Norway ce soir. Is it bad that I get more excited about Eurovision than my birthday, Christmas, or any other holiday for that matter?

ReputationRep:
    Not at all

ReputationRep:
    ...and it starts!!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

Not too keen on these presenters :lolwut:

What channel is it on?

ReputationRep:
      I love that this thread exists!!! <3
      • PS Helper
      • Wiki Support Team

(Original post by Stray_talk)
      What channel is it on?
      BBC3

ReputationRep:
      Oh hello. :gah:

Proud Eurovision fan and arguably the most knowledgeable on all things Eurovision. It's a wonder I'm not gay.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Swimmer)
      Come on Russia!
      You know Ukraine is better

ReputationRep:
      Urgh this song from Poland is crap.

(Original post by secretmessages)
        BBC3
        Thanks
        Aww, I love Sara Cox. She's quite a marmite person but as I love marmite I'm alright

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by tieyourmotherdown)
        Eurovision is hardly political. People vote for their neighbours, yes, but through diaspora, not politics. The reason why the UK always gives 12 to Greece or Turkey is because we have large Greek and Turkish populations who vote like mad for their songs. The same applies to Greece and Cyprus, Russia and Belarus, Serbia and Bosnia-Herz. etc. etc. People like to believe it's political because that justifies us sending **** songs, but it's not.
        Political or not. Why can't countries just vote for the singing and how good the performance is?

Oh Albania :sigh:

ReputationRep:
          My personal favourites...

And the best of them all.

ReputationRep:
          Hey guys.

Yeah, it's a lil bit sad that it's more political contest than song contest... For example my country (Lithuania) always gives highest points for Latvia, Estonia and other neighbors. +Russia cause here live too many Russians...

Btw, first 2 songs were... ehm... I don't even remember the first one so it was probably boring. hahah And the 2nd one was so bloody "sweet"...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
        Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.