The Student Room Group

British girls, what do you think about foreign men?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Enoch.
Mateus has no Z.

of course it does, however no worries, I am still learning English, so noone is perfect:wink: In Polish sz you read more or less like 'sh' in English. So of course you can say Mateusz. Just like you say Tomasz, Bartosz, Janusz, Eugeniusz, Apoloniusz, Arkadiusz (the last ones are very old fashioned)

And you can be called Krzysztof, just like am. And hell yes, your press is basically repeating same way as nazi Goebels propaganda was trying to persuade whole Europe that Poles are kind of second category people.

So whenever girl askes me where I am from I always hear : what? Did you say Holand? >> no I am from Poland
>> (confusion) ok. I got to go, was nice to meet you, bye (or leaving me without saying anything)

What is even more funny, some of girls make friends with me, believing that I am German (tall blond well build) or maybe Dutch.

Guys, what is wrong with (some) UK girls? Are you(they) really that narrow-minded. And what is even more funny, the more narrow-minded girl, the more she thinks that I am narrow-minded, catholic fanatic. Where on earth did you take all those prejudices from? And trust me, even though, UK presents much better level than rest of Franco-Germanic Europe. The level of Ignorance is even worse.
The iron curtain of ignorance still need to be pull down.

Antypolonism is much more common than antysemitism. But the later one is politically incorrect, the first one, as you noticed... there is a stigma.

But I did have an English girl once. And I regret I did not continue it all. Well she lives in Bristol I am in Aberdeen. Was a bit difficult, But I believe British girls, those well educated, who have an idea about Geography, History and Culture of Europe's nation, they don't mind to have a Polish boyfriend at all.

UK's middle class really presents very good level. You need to distinguish the class of girl you are speaking about. Good example is press. You will find anty-polish articles mostly in press for idiots...eckhm sorry, 'lower classes' of society. They might be anty-polish and girls from that class too, because this is what that press or media told her to think...It is so easy to play on their national emotions and press is simply using it (as a commercial tool to sell more, of course, because some people do like to feel better just because they are). So from my point of view it is even better. I dont have to waste time. If I say that I am from Poland and a girl turns on her feet just because of that sentence, then - good for me- it means that she is uneducated, from lower class, therefore out of my interest. If the girl smiles and ask me further "oh, where about in Poland? I always wished to visit Kraków or Gdańsk" - then I see "hmm this is valuable girl, who knows basic geography of Europe, knows how to carry on conversation, is interested in world and most of all is fluent with basic savoir-vivre. This is what I am looking for".

So if you speak about British girls, distinguish them from classes they are. In UK there was no communism and class system is working very well in benefit for everyone. Love save the Queen, the monarchy, the capitalism and class system :wink: And middle class girls are for me as interesting as any other well behaved Roman Catholic Polish girl. Same quality:wink: If one can speak in terms of quality in relation to people...^^ And trust me, she doesn't has to be Catholic to be my girlfriend. There so many other issues that matters (...i know you thought sex, but I meant something different ;P)
if only i was an Italian...
I really like listening to English in Slavic accents and all of the men I've spoken to from countries such as Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia etc. have been very handsome, intelligent , kind and cultured.
Depends if they are good looking probably.
Reply 104
Im not a British girl, but as a British male, of the two people I have had a relationship/dated: 1 was an overseas student from Hong Kong, the other was born in the Philippines and has lived here 7 years (She would identify as Filippino before British Id say).

So, sure, why not. I do have a great interest in languages, travelling and trying new cultures and food, so that could just be my preference to branch out from what I know and delve into the relative unknown of people from other countries and cultures. Certainly makes them more interesting. (I also, as it seems, have a thing for Asian girls)
Reply 105
The last guy I was with was Chinese (I live in China, so that's hardly surprising).

Some accents creep me out, though. The Nigerian accent creeps me out, just because of previous bad experiences I've had here with a couple of guys. Generally, though, where someone's from isn't really an issue for me. Where I live there are expats from all over the world, so there's a nice mix of men for me to choose from :wink:
My grandfather by marriage is Russian, I'm black British. His nephew is the most well-spoken polite hardworking gentleman ever but obviously I couldn't go there. Rather than positively or negatively stereotyping people by nationality I'm just going to say I wouldn't object to a foreign man rather than preferring one over the other. It's who you happen to be attracted to as an individual not about being wrapped up in circumstance. I said not to stereotype but I've always had positive experiences with Polish people who seem to be frank but polite and have a great attitude towards life/work ethic. Honestly I think a lot of British people are totally up themselves. Have you guys watched that documentary 'Bobski the Builder'?
Me likey :smile:
and the are the worlds worst lovers, they're disguisting
Original post by Hooj
British men all look like twigs covered in toothpaste so Women crave a bit of Joey Tribbiani.

Oh go so true, Most of em look like twigs and wear shirts, black jeans, boy band hair cuts and somehow manage to score ok looking girls.

Quick Reply

Latest