Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles Attacked Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jb9191)
    Defending yourself does not mean counter attacking and inflicting damage.

The police had riot gear that is capable of taking bullets never mind bits of stone, billiard balls, bottles.

:facepalm:

The police started it all. They were pushing students and started it all again so the students tried everything to break free and did so. The police then charged the crowd with horses which flared everything up. Then the students retaliated by throwing things.

Not all students were looking for violence - you seem to be assuming they were when they clearly were not. Also, if I was being kettled by the police, pushed and forced over then I wouldn't be happy and would retaliate.
    Actually the march was going fine at first the students got violent and many started running in behind police lines to get to alimentary square then started throwing metal fencing at police.

Also pushing? Really? These are meant to be mature students at university. Not 10 year old children that cannot deal with being told to get back and pushed a bit.

Again if the police started it why did many protesters have weapons, flares ect?

ReputationRep:
    This hasn't even been voted on yet so could quite easily be changed. You must be extremely gullible if you think Cameron is going to stick to that. Now he knows he has a 21 vote majority he will apply changes to the rest of what he has proposed as only the £9000 max tuition fee and £6000 lower end fee has been voted on.

Decisions are still yet to be made and I doubt they will stick to their promises. Especially considering Clegg couldn't even stick to the promises he made before the election :facepalm: Why should we trust him now?
    It's been voted on... my god you are tiring. The only thing left to vote on is the min-cap.

It's fair. I don't even know what you're saying in that lot. I have a letter from the house of commons in my hand containing a summation of the whole bill. You don't pay ANY interest until you earn 21k and it will reach a maximum of inflation +3% at £41,000. This is way below commercial rates, do your research you clearly know nothing about the bill.

Your first half of that lot is just drivel and you've not made any new points so I cba to respond to it.

You said: "I doubt you could do quantum theory, quantum physics, calculus, algorithms, etc..." I have covered all this in my a-levels..

Where are you going to study Computer science btw, as you seem to think you're so intelligent..

You seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder, your one of the people that thinks they're some sort of anarchist and we should overthrow the government and riot and should fight police 'brutality' because it's some kind of right to run through the streets of London fighting police and smashing windows.

In the end though, it's been passed. So tough **** for you, pathetic people rioting achieved nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello dave)
    It's been voted on... my god you are tiring. The only thing left to vote on is the min-cap.

It's fair. I don't even know what you're saying in that lot. I have an letter from the house of commons in my hand containing a summation of the whole bill. You don't pay ANY interest until you earn 21k and it will reach a maximum of inflation +3% at £41,000. This is way below commercial rates, do your research you clearly know nothing about the bill.

Your first half of that lot is just drivel and you've not made any new points so I cba to respond to it.

You said: "I doubt you could do quantum theory, quantum physics, calculus, algorithms, etc..." I have covered all this in my a-levels..

Where are you going to study Computer science btw, as you seem to thing you're so intelligent..

You seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder, your one of the people that thinks they're some sort of anarchist and we should overthrow the government and riot and should fight police 'brutality' because it's some kind of right to run through the streets of London fighting police and smashing windows.

In the end though, it's been passed. So tough **** for you, pathetic people rioting achieved nothing.
    It has not been voted on.

I suggest you check the BBC Education website and pay more attention to what takes place in the House Of Commons.

The fact that you think it has been voted on makes me laugh.

Only two things were voted on.

1st vote was for the maximum cap to be £9000.

2nd vote was the £6000 lower end fee.

You need to research politics.

Why do you think the NUS are still going to organise a protest in January? Because there are still a number of things to vote on.

ReputationRep:
    It has not been voted on.

I suggest you check the BBC Education website and pay more attention to what takes place in the House Of Commons.

The fact that you think it has been voted on makes me laugh.

Only two things were voted on.

1st vote was for the maximum cap to be £9000.

2nd vote was the £6000 lower end fee.

You need to research politics.

Why do you think the NUS are still going to organise a protest in January? Because there are still a number of things to vote on.
    lol. what like here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-11967809

Try looking at the key facts section, you retard. Its all split into bills. I really give up.

ReputationRep:
    What have MPs been voting on on Thursday?

They have approved plans to allow tution fees in England to rise to an upper limit of £9,000, ordinarily universities would be expected to charge £6,000. A White Paper, due "early next year", will set out further the government's long-term and structural plans for higher education. However, with one exception (the move to a real rate of interest for the highest-earning graduates), it is not thought the government's higher education funding changes will require other primary legislation, so this is MPs' main chance to debate them.

Here you are. The rest is still to be voted on.

Source: BBC Education

ReputationRep:
    What have MPs been voting on on Thursday?

They have approved plans to allow tution fees in England to rise to an upper limit of £9,000, ordinarily universities would be expected to charge £6,000. A White Paper, due "early next year", will set out further the government's long-term and structural plans for higher education. However, with one exception (the move to a real rate of interest for the highest-earning graduates), it is not thought the government's higher education funding changes will require other primary legislation, so this is MPs' main chance to debate them.

Here you are. The rest is still to be voted on.

Source: BBC Education
    But it's all in a bill that's already been proposed. They vote on it and its law. You think there is even the smallest chance it won't be passed if the could get the 9k limit through?

Like I said, the riots and protests are by idiots that don't know whats good for them and won't achieve a thing, have fun at your next protest.

ReputationRep:
    But it's all in a bill that's already been proposed. They vote on it and its law. You think there is even the smallest chance it won't be passed if the could get the 9k limit through?

No No and No.

They passed two motions only on Thursday. Those then have to go through the House Of Lords to become law. It will go through the House of Lords on Tuesday.

All other things linked with the fee's have yet to be passed.

A bill means nothing and anyone can go back on it easily.

Basically, now they have the £9000 through with a 21 vote majority then Cameron & Clegg will alter the minute details of the rest of what they promised and can afford to lose a few more votes to get things passed through the House Of Commons. Then after that it goes through the House Of Lords.

Like I said, the riots and protests are by idiots that don't know whats good for them and won't achieve a thing, have fun at your next protest.
    I will be going as other things are still yet to be voted on. A reason the NUS are still going to fight it as its not yet confirmed law. Its just been passed through the House Of Commons. There are more stages than that. Yes, its likely to pass through the House Of Lords but still other things can be done.

ReputationRep:
    I will be going as other things are still yet to be voted on. A reason the NUS are still going to fight it as its not yet confirmed law. Its just been passed through the House Of Commons. There are more stages than that. Yes, its likely to pass through the House Of Lords but still other things can be done.
    Actually, you're right. I can see why your so against it. A degree from Aberystwyth University isn't worth £9k.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, you're right. I can see why your so against it. A degree from Aberystwyth University isn't worth £9k.
    Wow !

Resorting to slurs against a university - really intellectual - and I will be going in 2011 anyway and I'm Welsh so therefore I would not be in the slightest concerned with these proposed increases anyway.

I am merely supporting the future generations who deserve to have the same level of education as our generation for the same price.

I love how you got proved wrong and then had to resort to a slur. I suggest you research law and economics before trying to claim that now the votes have been passed in the House Of Commons that they are law :rofl:. It still has to go through the House Of Lords and only 2 motions have been passed anyway.

Also Aberystwyth are a good university in certain subjects and have a high employability level in the sector I will be studying. Graduate prospects are far more important than the reputation of an institution. I've worked in the computing industry with 2 of the biggest firms in the UK and they highly recommend Aberystwyth due to the course content. In order to improve and go up the career ladder at the latter of those two companies fore mentioned I was told I would need to go to university to gain a degree, which is fair enough as It will not only improve my skills but I will gain more valuable skills that I can put to good use within that company. I worked for a while on recruitment there so I know that Aberystwyth is highly respected in the IT sector, for other subjects I do not know so therefore cannot comment.

ReputationRep:
    Wow !
    Resorting to slurs against a university - really intellectual - and I will be going in 2011 anyway and I'm Welsh so therefore I would not be in the slightest concerned with these proposed increases anyway.
    Explains a lot..
    and no there's just clearly no point trying to convince you. And it's pretty funny, especially considering all your bull about being so intelligent. Do you even need A-levels to get in?

Also Aberystwyth are a good university in certain subjects and have a high employability level in the sector I will be studying. Graduate prospects are far more important than the reputation of an institution. I've worked in the computing industry with 2 of the biggest firms in the UK and they highly recommend Aberystwyth due to the course content. In order to improve and go up the career ladder at the latter of those two companies fore mentioned I was told I would need to go to university to gain a degree, which is fair enough as It will not only improve my skills but I will gain more valuable skills that I can put to good use within that company. I worked for a while on recruitment there so I know that Aberystwyth is highly respected in the IT sector, for other subjects I do not know so therefore cannot comment.
    Sure, if it makes you feel better, I'm sure your actually capable of going wherever you want and choose to go there because it has such awesome job prospects.

It's universities like Aberystwyth that are the reason tuition fees have to go up.

ReputationRep:
    People here seem to be missing the point. When they are such high-profile symbols of undeserving wealth, influence and privilege, it is natural and justifiable that people feel profound anger towards Charles and Camilla, especially given that we pay £40 million towards their upkeep while at the same time students are nowexpected to pay upwards of £30,000 to attend university?! There is deep anger within society at continuing, and deepening inequality; Charles and Camilla were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I also wish the media would stop refering to protestors as 'the mob' etc - they are citizens expressing their rightful anger against a government which is not legislating according to the majority's wishes, and continues to favour the interests of a financial elite over those of the majority.

ReputationRep:
    Explains a lot..
    and no there's just clearly no point trying to convince you. And it's pretty funny, especially considering all your bull about being so intelligent. Do you even need A-levels to get in?

I'm probably more intelligent than you. Have you worked for Sony in the IT sector ? Doubt it. Half of the things you have to do you wouldn't be able to do.

I'll ignore your racist slurs against the Welsh. Its a bit pathetic. Anyway, **** off and enjoy your higher fees whilst us Welsh keep having money from your country and enjoy cheaper tuition fees at your universities. I've also applied for Bristol University as well by the way. Its English people like you that makes me think why bother sticking up for English students - I've had enough now. You've been proven wrong so just **** off.

Sure, if it makes you feel better, I'm sure your actually capable of going wherever you want and choose to go there because it has such awesome job prospects.

It's universities like Aberystwyth that are the reason tuition fees have to go up.
    Yes course it is. That's why Aberystwyth has been around for so long, has been in the top 10 for student satisfaction for a high number of years, has a very high number of English applicants, is in the top ten for a number of subjects and is highly regarded by employers.

You might want to start looking closer to home at institutions like London Met that is right down the bottom. Yes you have Cambridge right up the top but you also have a lot of ****ty universities. Aberystwyth is 43rd.

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/stug...rsityguide.php

Higher on some, lower on others and up to 32nd on one for computer science and 10th for graduate employment opportunities - in graduate jobs. Higher than some of the universities you are claiming are so special.

You are nothing more than a racist anti Welsh English bigot. I'm glad all English people aren't like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenorivers)
    Funnily enough you don't seem to know much. If you get someone's I.P. address you learn the area they're in within the city. If that. In fact mine used to give a different city nowhere near me.
    Get better tracking software if I was you

Are you using an online service ? because they are totally absurd in their results.

I was given a program by my networking teacher on my course at college. I'll PM you the details of it if you like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosieRayner)
    Of course I wouldn't be happy, but thats out of context- with what was going on the sensible thing would have been to make another route. I just don't like the hysteria around the incident, when in the long term, it will be the students who suffer the most.
    Sure, if they took another route, nothing would have happened, but they shouldn't have to take another route, when they did nothing wrong. People deserve the right to drive along a road of their choice without getting attacked by students.

ReputationRep:
    If this were anyone else nobody would care.

ReputationRep:
    Get better tracking software if I was you

Are you using an online service ? because they are totally absurd in their results.

I was given a program by my networking teacher on my course at college. I'll PM you the details of it if you like.
    Mind PMing the details of this program? Given the way IP addresses are set up commercially I am highly sceptical if it works as you say.

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably more intelligent than you. Have you worked for Sony in the IT sector ? Doubt it. Half of the things you have to do you wouldn't be able to do.

I'll ignore your racist slurs against the Welsh. Its a bit pathetic. Anyway, **** off and enjoy your higher fees whilst us Welsh keep having money from your country and enjoy cheaper tuition fees at your universities. I've also applied for Bristol University as well by the way. Its English people like you that makes me think why bother sticking up for English students - I've had enough now. You've been proven wrong so just **** off.

Yes course it is. That's why Aberystwyth has been around for so long, has been in the top 10 for student satisfaction for a high number of years, has a very high number of English applicants, is in the top ten for a number of subjects and is highly regarded by employers.

You might want to start looking closer to home at institutions like London Met that is right down the bottom. Yes you have Cambridge right up the top but you also have a lot of ****ty universities. Aberystwyth is 43rd.

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/stug...rsityguide.php

Higher on some, lower on others and up to 32nd on one for computer science and 10th for graduate employment opportunities - in graduate jobs. Higher than some of the universities you are claiming are so special.

You are nothing more than a racist anti Welsh English bigot. I'm glad all English people aren't like you.
    Sensitive issue, was it?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realitycheck)
    The attack on Charles achieved two things:

1. It proved beyond ANY doubt the true mindset of the protestors.

2. It proved beyond ANY doubt the astonishing scale of their ignorance.

“They’re government ******” one academic scholar shouted as they attacked the car!

Oh dear, where can you begin to explain how farcically wrong that assertion was… But hey, just like the policy everyone is so conveniently misunderstanding and so heroically protesting against, don’t let something like the fundamental facts get in the way.

OK, so you’ve smashed a lot of sh** up, and clearly after making such an commendable, no INSPIRATIONAL appeal the government will now scrap all of their plans. So what about PLAN B? Well here’s an idea, maybe they could just make a couple of simple changes:

1. All bul**** filler courses could be scrapped.

2. All funding and placements could be based strictly upon of attendance and performance.

Hey, just like in the REAL world! Wow, imagine that!!! No really, imagine that.

I’m not old, I’m not posh, I’m not well off, I don’t read the daily mail and I’m not against the odd bit of revolution. BUT, I AM severely disgusted by all of this self absorbed whinging and the incongruous pretence that this was anything more than a exciting jolly for most of the protestors. You know it, we know it, so let’s get it out there.

And just to clarify, like so many have tried to explain beforehand (until blue in the face), ELECTION pledges are for parties that WIN ELECTIONS, not parties that come 3rd. (If you missed that simple point just read it again until it finally sinks in).

So even with a heavy sprinkling of negative spin and selective misunderstanding, the rest really is just inconsequential. But again, why should the simple facts get in the way of such profound LOUD SHOUTY NOISES. Indeed as everyone knows, if you shout loud enough the facts will no longer matter.

Ultimately I wonder how many actually read and digested these policy changes; including the various generous increases in benefits, extended free placement opportunities and fee capping safety measures? Cleary none, or they might have grasped that rich OR POOR, no one has ANYTHING to moan about. No really, just read and digest all the facts and this will become very apparent. Too much effort, don’t really care?

Today’s attack on Prince Charles was nothing more than a culmination of breathtaking arrogance and comatosed crowd following. What a sad indictment on a generation.

Never have so many, shown so much ignorance, whilst achieving so very little.

Thanks for listening, have a great day wathing TV and make sure you roll a phat one.
    Spot on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ish90an)
    Mind PMing the details of this program? Given the way IP addresses are set up commercially I am highly sceptical if it works as you say.
    WOW !

What part of being put on ignore did you not understand?

I was talking to someone else, yet again you seem to interupt. I have no reason to engage in conversation with you so that is it.

If you want to continue wasting your time typing out a response to my posts then please do so.

Back on ignore he goes.

ReputationRep:
    Sensitive issue, was it?
    Not really.

You just spat your dummy out because I proved you wrong about the House Of Commons & Lords thing so I thought I'd spit mine out.

You started insulting the Welsh which in my opinion was pathetic considering I was just trying to help the future English students.

The future for Welsh students is fine. No high fee's for us but then as soon as I try to prove their is still some hope for English students you jump down my throat.

End of discussion. Feel free to respond but it will go unanswered.

I proved you wrong - that is that.

Note: Also to the person I said I can track IP's, you do so through this very forum as it runs on PHP so therefore you can find out the IP address of a user on here.

You then use a Linux based program to track the IP. Its commercial software as well.

I'll be more than happy to provide you with the details through a private message.

Regards.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.