Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

8 police men injured? What about the students? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisBan)
    So they aren't approved for use in England....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11981351

Interestingly Theresa May hasn't clear cut ruled out changing it to allow their use, just saying that she doesn't think anyone wants to see them used. But if the met are in discussion surely they think its needed? I think people would rather see water sprayed at a crowd rather than a load of truncheon wacking/horse charging... or maybe thats just me being silly.
    This is what a water cannon can do.
    http://www.hoerstel.ch/hoerstel/News...ge%20blind.jpg
    Not nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    This is what a water cannon can do.
    http://www.hoerstel.ch/hoerstel/News...ge%20blind.jpg
    Not nice.
    No that doesn't look nice at all.

This being part of their review of their tactics being discussed today. The logistics of getting them over from NI could be interesting. I personally can't see them reducing any of their current tactics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMG89)
    ok i have friends who went to protest. I would have gone if i wasn't ill. I know these friends well, they would never act violently throw things at the police etc.

several of them were smacked over the head by the police. another was jumped on by 5 policeman when he asked them why they were taking photos. One was arrested when he saw and gap in the police lines and tried to leave the kettle. He then gave himself up, putting his hands in the air and was punched in the face by the police. HE WAS TRYING TO LEAVE THE AREA FOR CHRIST SAKE!!
    A likely story lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Rupert)
    A likely story lol
    I was at the 9th Dec protest and saw many similar scenes. Terrified protesters being threatened and beaten by overexcited police who love a good beating

ReputationRep:
    I know for a fact that one 3 of my friends were thrown to the floor (two of which were slim 17 year old girls)
    one of them was a lad who got beaten whilst on the floor, to the extent that he was coughing up blood.

One of my other friends now has a fractured foot from the protest.

Thats just my college friends alone. And there must have been so many others out there hurt too, more than the figure shown.

Justice for Alfie Meadows.

ReputationRep:
    A likely story lol
    Yeah it truly is a "loling" matter.

lol

ReputationRep:
    A likely story lol
    You are an idiot. Really a laughing matter people being beaten isn't it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, there are extreme cases of students being hurt by Police and vice versa.

The Police are doing their job, don't forget that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMG89)
    You are an idiot. Really a laughing matter people being beaten isn't it.
    Let me stand in front of you and abuse you for an hour, throw stuff at you, hit you with sticks, and try and barge you with all my mates....are you just going to stand there?

Thise that caused any trouble got let of very lightly imo.

At the next march i heard there are going to be a load of vigilantes beatig up students as well. Now thats more like it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by profoflife)
    Let me stand in front of you and abuse you for an hour, throw stuff at you, hit you with sticks, and try and barge you with all my mates....are you just going to stand there?

Thise that caused any trouble got let of very lightly imo.

At the next march i heard there are going to be a load of vigilantes beatig up students as well. Now thats more like it!
    Here in N.I you'd either get smacked, soaked or shot at by the police.

How it should be.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.